Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:27 am

I noticed several plays where EB just took the quick exit out of bounds when he saw 15 bearing down.
Just knew he wasn’t going to beat him to the edge.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:57 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:27 am
I noticed several plays where EB just took the quick exit out of bounds when he saw 15 bearing down.
Just knew he wasn’t going to beat him to the edge.
Yeah there were several plays where EB3 looked like he was going to have a nice gain running outside then all the sudden TA and Ty or TA and O'Reilly were on him in a flash and he only gained 1 or 2 yards.

CatsFan10
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CatsFan10 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:54 am

It was awesome seeing TnT and O’Reilly keeping EB in check… wish I could be in his head to know what he thought about seeing TA bearing down “wait this guys’ twice my size and just as fast? Holy crap..”

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Troy is always seems to be more noticeable when the opponent is good.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:39 pm

Troy Andersen running that Idaho kid down when it looked like a sure touchdown-may have saved our season-certainly our shot at a conference title. That was one of the most amazing plays of the season. If I recall correctly UI ended up not scoring on that drive. He hit another gear on that one-how fast was he running???

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:39 pm
Troy Andersen running that Idaho kid down when it looked like a sure touchdown-may have saved our season-certainly our shot at a conference title. That was one of the most amazing plays of the season. If I recall correctly UI ended up not scoring on that drive. He hit another gear on that one-how fast was he running???
The NFL as outs just need to watch that play……

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:55 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:48 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
The NFL as outs just need to watch that play……
Troy had some tough stretches today in terms of tackling...but boy did he lock in on those final Idaho possessions. Kenny Loggins got his helmet popped off on a designed run and it waa game over for that offense after that.

I'll also say this was a game where I didn't see us pop on defense until it was gut check time. Nothing like Griz Week to get the fires burning again.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:21 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Anyone have a clip of this play? My internet went down for a while and I missed it? And now I can’t get the replay to work on ESPN+

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:36 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:21 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Anyone have a clip of this play? My internet went down for a while and I missed it? And now I can’t get the replay to work on ESPN+
It is as right in front of us, what a WOW moment. I think the Idaho kid was just as shocked and impressed as we were.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:37 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
He almost killed that guy when he attempted to punch the ball out too. I think we all knew Troy would catch him but it was sure fun to actually see it happen. Anyone else and that's a TD.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:57 pm

When I saw the Idaho WR catch that ball with no defender anywhere around or behind him, I thought it was touchdown Idaho, and so did their bench initially.

It looked like a scene from a Terminator movie when Troy ran him down. It's scary how fast he is.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:57 pm
When I saw the Idaho WR catch that ball with no defender anywhere around or behind him, I thought it was touchdown Idaho, and so did their bench initially.

It looked like a scene from a Terminator movie when Troy ran him down. It's scary how fast he is.
Troy also got picked on that play as that was his guy (maybe should've been a flag?) but then he ran him down and wanted to rip his head off.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Prodigal Cat

Post by Prodigal Cat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:37 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
He almost killed that guy when he attempted to punch the ball out too. I think we all knew Troy would catch him but it was sure fun to actually see it happen. Anyone else and that's a TD.
Just so insane that our mike linebacker makes slot WRs and RBs look slow. That was a for sure TD and Troy closed a 15 yd head start like nothing. We talked about it all the way home. The play of the year for our team is a 40 yd run by the other team.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:01 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:59 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Troy also fot picked on that play as that was his guy (maybe should've been a flag?) but then he ran him down and wanted to rip his head off.
Ya, he arrived in a bad mood for sure.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:16 pm

The Troy run down play was in the waning seconds of QTR 3 (second to last play).

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:27 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
That was blatant offensive pass interference as the TE (?) set a basketball screen against Troy trying to cover the back on the small wheel pattern. Troy knocked the guy on his ass and still chased down the RB who caught the ball. It was the most impressive play I have seen from him all season on what was a penalty on the refs and Petrino.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Troy did make some plays in this game, but for whatever reason I saw him reaching for guys and arm tackling... which never works. He also seemed to be working on his hand which may be some kind of stinger or something. BUT, he did show up in the 4th Quarter with an attitude and it was evident when he did.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 pm

OK, I repent!!! :D Go get them GRIZ!!!!!! =D^

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:49 am

One of top plays after illegal pick to save game vs Idaho

https://www.vibby.com/v/XynXYvvzn
Last edited by snowxlt on Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:52 am

snowxlt wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:49 am
One of top plays after illegal pick to save game

https://www.vibby.com/embedding/vib?vib=XynXYvvzn
God that's great