Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:14 pm

I really think Atlanta is the ideal situation for him. They're in a bit of a rebuild mode, which I predict won't last long. Pitre is the RB coach there and may very well have played a big role in drafting him. More importantly, Pitre knows what he can do with the ball in his hands. I know he'll be a linebacker, but he's one of the best players I've ever seen with the ball in his hands and of all the teams out there Atlanta is the most likely to take advantage of that. I think the draft fell his way.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:33 pm

Straight flight from the Bozone to and from Atlanta, with many good seats available for Falcons home games, equals MSU Bobcat hats and gear in Atlanta this fall...
Congratulations Troy, on to the next level! =D^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:36 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:33 pm
Straight flight from the Bozone to and from Atlanta, with many good seats available for Falcons home games, equals MSU Bobcat hats and gear in Atlanta this fall...
Congratulations Troy, on to the next level! =D^
Hopefully they don't play their home games the same weekend as Cat home games.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:09 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:14 pm
I really think Atlanta is the ideal situation for him. They're in a bit of a rebuild mode, which I predict won't last long. Pitre is the RB coach there and may very well have played a big role in drafting him. More importantly, Pitre knows what he can do with the ball in his hands. I know he'll be a linebacker, but he's one of the best players I've ever seen with the ball in his hands and of all the teams out there Atlanta is the most likely to take advantage of that. I think the draft fell his way.
I didn’t realize the Pitre connection until that press conference. It’s not much different than college, it’s about connections. The differences between players in the draft is razor thin — positive input from an assistant who coached Troy for a year could easily tip the scales. They got a good one. A very good one. When they get near the goal line, Pitre will probably be begging to let Troy run in another 55-yarder. 😆

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:09 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:14 pm
I didn’t realize the Pitre connection until that press conference. It’s not much different than college, it’s about connections. The differences between players in the draft is razor thin — positive input from an assistant who coached Troy for a year could easily tip the scales. They got a good one. A very good one. When they get near the goal line, Pitre will probably be begging to let Troy run in another 55-yarder. 😆
Either I'm missing something, or else I don't really consider the 45 yd line as goaline

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:45 pm

The 45 yard line is the same as the goal line if Troy Anderson has the ball in his hands

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:45 pm
The 45 yard line is the same as the goal line if Troy Anderson has the ball in his hands
That’s it!! 😃. I’d like to know how many he ran in from “backcourt” as a Bobcat. Watching his highlights was a good reminder of what a great college football player Troy was.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:04 pm

He'll take whatever number they give him and just go to work.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:15 pm

My son-in-law in Dillon was Troy's 5th grade teacher and JV hoops coach. He says you see him driving around Dillon in his battered S10 pickup that he can barely fit into. No matter what happens during his NFL career he'll still just be a grounded small town Montana kid.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:41 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:15 pm
My son-in-law in Dillon was Troy's 5th grade teacher and JV hoops coach. He says you see him driving around Dillon in his battered S10 pickup that he can barely fit into. No matter what happens during his NFL career he'll still just be a grounded small town Montana kid.
You literally couldn't find a better representative of the state of Montana to be on the national stage in the NFL

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:01 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:41 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:15 pm
You literally couldn't find a better representative of the state of Montana to be on the national stage in the NFL
God!!!! I am so glad you didn't say Ryan "loser" Leaf.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun May 01, 2022 9:11 am

I don’t know why I visited egriz but it never fails to show how insane they are as Walmart fans.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... e_vignette

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88446

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun May 01, 2022 11:57 am

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun May 01, 2022 12:15 pm

This CDA guy lives and breathes Bobcat football.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:03 am

If there are two people supremely qualified to know exactly how current players feel about the current staff, it’s two people who aren’t on the team.

I spoke with two former completely real Bobcat players and they told me things are awful in the Bobcat locker room. They said, in unison, that Sixx just sits in the corner eating Utz Cheese Balls and licking his fingers. They then said the program is going down the toilet due to a lack of passion from leadership and that’s why players are jumping off the sinking ship.

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun May 01, 2022 12:29 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:15 pm
This CDA guy lives and breathes Bobcat football.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:03 am

If there are two people supremely qualified to know exactly how current players feel about the current staff, it’s two people who aren’t on the team.

I spoke with two former completely real Bobcat players and they told me things are awful in the Bobcat locker room. They said, in unison, that Sixx just sits in the corner eating Utz Cheese Balls and licking his fingers. They then said the program is going down the toilet due to a lack of passion from leadership and that’s why players are jumping off the sinking ship.
Anytime I visit that egriz cesspool, it appears the same toxic people are posting there. I feel bad for the real fans that want to discuss football over there. 90% of the their posters lend zero value and they make that place seem like a bunch of 12 year olds trying to one up each other.

nanacat

Post by nanacat » Sun May 01, 2022 10:36 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 02, 2022 8:42 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon May 02, 2022 9:18 pm

It would be great if Alex could continue to cover Troy now that he's in the NFL through a weekly interview like this along with highlights.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue May 03, 2022 3:47 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:18 pm
It would be great if Alex could continue to cover Troy now that he's in the NFL through a weekly interview like this along with highlights.
That’s a great idea. Any of the five. Players tend to fall out of the news after awhile, and I’m always wondering what and how our guys are doing. Alex, you do a good job — here’s an idea!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue May 03, 2022 7:58 pm

For anyone planning on getting Troy's Falcons jersey: