Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:54 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm
I don’t know if it’s been pointed out yet, but Troy *almost* had an Idaho like tackle last night. On the double flea flicker he went from the back field to getting a hand on the receiver, just got caught in the block at about the 10 yard line. Running out of adjectives.
Check out where he starts (almost near the QB when the pass is made). Had he made that play, it would have been unreal considering where he was at.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:56 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:33 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:31 pm
I was thinking (think of a rusty wheel and a three legged hamster...) that although I would be completely surprised (he is too competitive), I would not blame TA for calling it quits for the year. The thought came to me as I watched him grab his shoulder and walk off the field. He is presumably fine and not injured, but what happens if he sustains an injury that would preclude him from participating in the NFL combine and Shrine game? With his measurables, I would think his stock will rise much more from a great performance in those two events than in the final two (hopefully) of the FCS playoffs. He would stand to lose a lot of money if his draft stock falls. If I were in his position, I would certainly entertain both options. It happens all of the time at the FBS level.
There is absolutely no ****** way that Troy can suit up for his last game in Bobcat Stadium but doesn’t. WILL NOT HAPPEN!
I agree - there is a very slim chance he sits out. However, I was thinking about what I would tell my son if he was in that situation. Not sure what I would say, but I know I would sleep well at night knowing my son would essentially be guaranteed to have a million in the bank.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:56 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:33 pm
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:31 pm
I was thinking (think of a rusty wheel and a three legged hamster...) that although I would be completely surprised (he is too competitive), I would not blame TA for calling it quits for the year. The thought came to me as I watched him grab his shoulder and walk off the field. He is presumably fine and not injured, but what happens if he sustains an injury that would preclude him from participating in the NFL combine and Shrine game? With his measurables, I would think his stock will rise much more from a great performance in those two events than in the final two (hopefully) of the FCS playoffs. He would stand to lose a lot of money if his draft stock falls. If I were in his position, I would certainly entertain both options. It happens all of the time at the FBS level.
There is absolutely no ****** way that Troy can suit up for his last game in Bobcat Stadium but doesn’t. WILL NOT HAPPEN!
I agree - there is a very slim chance he sits out. However, I was thinking about what I would tell my son if he was in that situation. Not sure what I would say, but I know I would sleep well at night knowing my son would essentially be guaranteed to have a million in the bank.
There is a decision to be made, no argument there but Troy is Troy because he doesn’t make a decision to sit out.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:02 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Did Troy fly to Vegas and back to Bozeman this week? That’s impressive!
No wonder his arms were sore!

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:37 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:25 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:
I don’t know if it’s been pointed out yet, but Troy *almost* had an Idaho like tackle last night. On the double flea flicker he went from the back field to getting a hand on the receiver, just got caught in the block at about the 10 yard line. Running out of adjectives.
Ya it looked like he might catch that guy, he was closing but got bumped a bit and thrown off track.

Also notice on that play, the 2 offensive linemen 5-6 yards down field when the final pass is thrown...
Which is illegal and a penalty...
Not that it mattered at that point, I'm just saying that TD shouldn't have counted.
The ball believe it or not on that play was thrown behind the line of scrimmage, so I don’t think it’s a penalty, but I could be wrong.
Even on a screen, I don't think you can have O linemen down field, can you?
Not sure, but I thought you could. I don’t know the rule though.
At risk of sounding like a know-it-all, which apparently hurts a couple of posters’ feelings here, as long as the pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage, the o-line can be downfield in college football. Not so in the NFL.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:06 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:37 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:25 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:
Ya it looked like he might catch that guy, he was closing but got bumped a bit and thrown off track.

Also notice on that play, the 2 offensive linemen 5-6 yards down field when the final pass is thrown...
Which is illegal and a penalty...
Not that it mattered at that point, I'm just saying that TD shouldn't have counted.
The ball believe it or not on that play was thrown behind the line of scrimmage, so I don’t think it’s a penalty, but I could be wrong.
Even on a screen, I don't think you can have O linemen down field, can you?
Not sure, but I thought you could. I don’t know the rule though.
At risk of sounding like a know-it-all, which apparently hurts a couple of posters’ feelings here, as long as the pass is thrown behind the line of scrimmage, the o-line can be downfield in college football. Not so in the NFL.
Thanks for the clarification on the college rule. I've been bitching about that non-call for 22 hours straight now, and I'll shut up now.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:19 pm

I just re-watched the game - after Troy hurt his right arm a bit, he seriously did not use his right arm to tackle the rest of the game. One play it was obvious as he slightly over-pursued and the back cut back left, Troy didn't even reach out for him when normally he would have.

Even on the reverse-flea-flicker-tunnel screen, as soon as he was bumped his right shoulder tapped another player at full speed, he seemed to pull up.

He was still a machine, with one good arm. As I watched on replay, all I could think about was the Dillon cowboy was saying "I can still beat you with one hand tied behind my back - just watch."

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:56 pm

I don't remember seeing this anywhere but Troy is a finalist for the Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete Award. The winner will be announced tomorrow. After being a finalist for the Academic Heisman he's got to be the favorite for this award.

https://thesportsledger.com/doris-robin ... 43-173.htm

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:33 am

And there is the big one.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:57 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:33 am
And there is the big one.

=D^ =D^

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Sure hope he's healthy enough to play...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 pm

With all the speculation about whether he'd be healthy enough to play, I thought Troy played one of his best games of the season. He seems to really stand out more in the toughest games. Weber, Eastern and SDSU are all games that come to mind for him looking flat out dominant on defense. Imagine how great of LB he would be if he could have focused on the position for 4 seasons.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 pm
With all the speculation about whether he'd be healthy enough to play, I thought Troy played one of his best games of the season. He seems to really stand out more in the toughest games. Weber, Eastern and SDSU are all games that come to mind for him looking flat out dominant on defense. Imagine how great of LB he would be if he could have focused on the position for 4 seasons.
He’d be great at anything he focused on for 4 years. That’s who troy is. RB, TE, DE, LB, S.

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
He’d be great at anything he focused on for 4 years. That’s who troy is. RB, TE, DE, LB, S.

That is true. And absolutely insane to think about! RB is the only 1 I'd disagree with, only because I don't think he could have stayed healthy. He's too tall and absolutely refuses to go down on the first hit.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:18 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:32 pm
Sure hope he's healthy enough to play...
3 weeks to get ready for Frisco! He'll be ready to go both ways the whole game. I think he would love to have a chance to run 80 yards on a TD as a running back. Catch a swing pass to the flat for 30 yards and a TD, and run back an interception for a score! Maybe even throw one to mellot to pad both their stats. That's the game I want to see.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Troy gets better every week. Once he learns to not get caught up in the wash around the LOS, he's going to unbelievable.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Man, I’m going to miss watching this guy play for the bobcats.... it’s been so much fun. All time great!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:02 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

That is true. And absolutely insane to think about! RB is the only 1 I'd disagree with, only because I don't think he could have stayed healthy. He's too tall and absolutely refuses to go down on the first hit.
You might want to glance at the thread on Bobcat Records. You will see that Troy has multiple top ten standings in different running categories. It could be argued that he is already considered one of the best running threats to have ever played at MSU.

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:02 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

You might want to glance at the thread on Bobcat Records. You will see that Troy has multiple top ten standings in different running categories. It could be argued that he is already considered one of the best running threats to have ever played at MSU.
Fair enough. But it definitely took its toll. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be an all time great and hold every record. I just wonder if he’d be like Ryan Johnson at the end of his career and be so beat up that playing at the next level doesn’t interest him. We will never know.

When the ESPN announcer were going on and on about the TE Kraft’s size and speed (after Troy ran him down with a huge head start) it did make me wonder how dominant of Tight End he could have also been in the FCS.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:58 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:02 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

Fair enough. But it definitely took its toll. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be an all time great and hold every record. I just wonder if he’d be like Ryan Johnson at the end of his career and be so beat up that playing at the next level doesn’t interest him. We will never know.

When the ESPN announcer were going on and on about the TE Kraft’s size and speed (after Troy ran him down with a huge head start) it did make me wonder how dominant of Tight End he could have also been in the FCS.
Troy has been amazing at LB. Better than I ever imagined. Completely changes our defense. But he also would have been the best RB in the Big Sky. How often do you have a threat that scores a TD like every 1 out of 10 touches? And other backs have carried that much of a workload and ended up in the league. Troy is a physical specimen and would probably be successful at any position. It will be fun to watch how teams use him in the NFL. I remember comparisons to Taysom Hill and will not be surprised to see Troy run a specialty wildcat package for some NFL team in the future.