Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by Cledus » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:10 pm

Just came across this. Sorry if it’s already been posted. This isn’t Troy’s play, but he contributed to a kickoff return for td and can be seen in the video.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:20 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 pm

Now that Andersen's 21-day window is open, he must either be activated to the 53-man roster or placed on season-ending injured reserve by the end of the three-week period. Andersen could also be released before the deadline.
Kind of surprising they would do this a few days before the last game of the year. Hopefully he's in good enough shape to actually get up to game speed by Sunday and it's not just to release him.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:37 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 pm
Now that Andersen's 21-day window is open, he must either be activated to the 53-man roster or placed on season-ending injured reserve by the end of the three-week period. Andersen could also be released before the deadline.
Kind of surprising they would do this a few days before the last game of the year. Hopefully he's in good enough shape to actually get up to game speed by Sunday and it's not just to release him.
Yeah this doesn't seem like a good thing to me at this stage of the season.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:31 pm

If the Falcons beat the Saints and the Panthers beat the Buccaneers - the Falcons win the NFC South (via tiebreaker) and are in the playoffs

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:19 pm

At practice today.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:25 pm

oh what to watch, Troy and the Saints, or dark pink.....

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

WetBreeches
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by WetBreeches » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:21 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:37 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Their season will most likely be over within 21 days. This way Troy can officially practice with the team. If they didn't activate him he couldn't practice with the team, he would be confined to sideline work. My guess would be he doesn't play and they wanted to make sure and get him practice reps before the season ends.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:27 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
They’re not going to cut a guy they recently spent a high draft pick on and was starting for them prior to injury.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:20 pm

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:30 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:27 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
They’re not going to cut a guy they recently spent a high draft pick on and was starting for them prior to injury.
I figured, but I've been a Falcons' fan my whole life and they have an uncanny ability to screw things up. Everybody told me a few years ago that they weren't going to lose that Super Bowl when they were up 28-3 too and I told everybody in the place to just wait.