Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:45 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:26 pm
Honestly I had never heard of O'Connell until today.........
Same

Bocephus

Post by Bocephus » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Did Troy fly to Vegas and back to Bozeman this week? That’s impressive!

tdub

Post by tdub » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:26 pm
Honestly I had never heard of O'Connell until today.........
As much as I think Troy deserves it, it wouldn’t break my heart at all it Patty O’Connell won it. He doesn’t have the long-time popularity and accolades Troy has, but he is also a really great kid from a great family with huge hearts. Very hard working young man. Personally it’s a win either way for me if either win it. O’Connell wasn’t even a starter in 2019 at the beginning of the season and he’s developed into a Buck finalist. Overall better than Troy? No. But that kid has had to earn everything he’s achieved so far.

This is a win for the State of Montana to have two homegrown boys in the top 3 defensive players in the country.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Did Troy fly to Vegas and back to Bozeman this week? That’s impressive!
It would be if he flew the plane.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Pretty darn cool that Montana has produced two players that are finalists.

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 am

I've seen 2 polls put public so far (Haley and Herder) both had Troy #1

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:22 am

Danster21 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:59 am
At first I thought the Florida guy might get it, but now I’m all but convinced that Troy is a lock.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:22 am
Danster21 wrote:
At first I thought the Florida guy might get it, but now I’m all but convinced that Troy is a lock.

It depends- are they voting based on stats. Or based on who is the best defensive player in the country (yes I’m biased, but I believe that is troy).

It seems like a lot of times these voters just look at the stat line, which makes me nervous the Florida guy will win it. His numbers this year are crazy!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:32 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:22 am
Danster21 wrote:

It depends- are they voting based on stats. Or based on who is the best defensive player in the country (yes I’m biased, but I believe that is troy).

It seems like a lot of times these voters just look at the stat line, which makes me nervous the Florida guy will win it. His numbers this year are crazy!
Troy has been a household name for three+ years. Everyone knows him and knows how good he is and I’m not just talking football. He was just a finalist for the academic Heisman. The others are relative no names. Very good players, but Troy is FCS greatness personified. I’m speaking objectively.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm

I don’t know if it’s been pointed out yet, but Troy *almost* had an Idaho like tackle last night. On the double flea flicker he went from the back field to getting a hand on the receiver, just got caught in the block at about the 10 yard line. Running out of adjectives.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:25 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm
I don’t know if it’s been pointed out yet, but Troy *almost* had an Idaho like tackle last night. On the double flea flicker he went from the back field to getting a hand on the receiver, just got caught in the block at about the 10 yard line. Running out of adjectives.
Ya it looked like he might catch that guy, he was closing but got bumped a bit and thrown off track.

Also notice on that play, the 2 offensive linemen 5-6 yards down field when the final pass is thrown...
Which is illegal and a penalty...
Not that it mattered at that point, I'm just saying that TD shouldn't have counted.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:30 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:25 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:
Ya it looked like he might catch that guy, he was closing but got bumped a bit and thrown off track.

Also notice on that play, the 2 offensive linemen 5-6 yards down field when the final pass is thrown...
Not that it mattered at that point, I'm just saying that TD shouldn't have counted.
The ball believe it or not on that play was thrown behind the line of scrimmage, so I don’t think it’s a penalty, but I could be wrong.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:31 pm

I was thinking (think of a rusty wheel and a three legged hamster...) that although I would be completely surprised (he is too competitive), I would not blame TA for calling it quits for the year. The thought came to me as I watched him grab his shoulder and walk off the field. He is presumably fine and not injured, but what happens if he sustains an injury that would preclude him from participating in the NFL combine and Shrine game? With his measurables, I would think his stock will rise much more from a great performance in those two events than in the final two (hopefully) of the FCS playoffs. He would stand to lose a lot of money if his draft stock falls. If I were in his position, I would certainly entertain both options. It happens all of the time at the FBS level.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:31 pm
I was thinking (think of a rusty wheel and a three legged hamster...) that although I would be completely surprised (he is too competitive), I would not blame TA for calling it quits for the year. The thought came to me as I watched him grab his shoulder and walk off the field. He is presumably fine and not injured, but what happens if he sustains an injury that would preclude him from participating in the NFL combine and Shrine game? With his measurables, I would think his stock will rise much more from a great performance in those two events than in the final two (hopefully) of the FCS playoffs. He would stand to lose a lot of money if his draft stock falls. If I were in his position, I would certainly entertain both options. It happens all of the time at the FBS level.
There is absolutely no ****** way that Troy can suit up for his last game in Bobcat Stadium but doesn’t. WILL NOT HAPPEN!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:

The ball believe it or not on that play was thrown behind the line of scrimmage, so I don’t think it’s a penalty, but I could be wrong.
Even on a screen, I don't think you can have O linemen down field, can you?

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Clinton T wrote:
I have thought the same. A major injury at this point would be devastating and potentially cost him millions based on draft stock. But watching him stay in the game and continue competing with one arm, there’s no way he’d sit out unless he’s really injured.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:37 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:34 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:30 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BStinsMSU wrote:

Even on a screen, I don't think you can have O linemen down field, can you?
Not sure, but I thought you could. I don’t know the rule though.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:39 pm

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Clinton T wrote:
I have thought the same. A major injury at this point would be devastating and potentially cost him millions based on draft stock. But watching him stay in the game and continue competing with one arm, there’s no way he’d sit out unless he’s really injured.
I think he is really injured though. That is the shoulder he had repaired once. He doesn’t fake injuries and he is like a horse, he won’t shut himself down, someone will have to do it for him. It’s a tough situation for sure.

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:39 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Clinton T wrote:
I think he is really injured though. That is the shoulder he had repaired once. He doesn’t fake injuries and he is like a horse, he won’t shut himself down, someone will have to do it for him. It’s a tough situation for sure.
Definitely would NEVER accuse that dude of faking an injury. I am optimistic though. It seemed like he was actually favoring it less by the end of the game.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:50 pm

Clinton T wrote:
He finished the last game. He'll start the next one.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!