Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:53 am

I'm finally starting to come around and see just how impactful he is going to be at LB. He was disruptive yesterday, and his speed really shows when we scheme him properly. All that said, I can't be the only one that watched that pick six and thought..... dang, he needs to get the ball in his hands more! :D =D^

Edit with an afterthought. Maybe he'll be the first player in the history of college football to score touchdowns on every single one of his INTs. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm

I agree with you, but I think Troy is very happy in this position. His body paid a huge price on offense. He is such an intelligent and diverse talent. I’m guessing this won’t be the only pick six this year that he gets.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:20 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:53 am
I'm finally starting to come around and see just how impactful he is going to be at LB. He was disruptive yesterday, and his speed really shows when we scheme him properly. All that said, I can't be the only one that watched that pick six and thought..... dang, he needs to get the ball in his hands more! :D =D^

Edit with an afterthought. Maybe he'll be the first player in the history of college football to score touchdowns on every single one of his INTs. :lol:
Troy had an interception in 2019.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:25 pm

It WAS fun to watch him run with the ball.....................but.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:20 pm
catatac wrote:

Ah... that's right - I remember it now.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:23 pm

He's definitely starting to settle in, and it was fun watching him play with far more anticipation. He is going to be a force going forward. It will be fun to watch him against the BSC this season. If he's having "fun" like he says, watch out!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 pm

We just got to see the best ball-carrier in the nation score a 40-yard touchdown. On defense. How rare is that? I’m thinking it won’t be the last one.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:28 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:20 pm
catatac wrote:

Ah... that's right - I remember it now.
It’s okay. I’m just a bigger loser than everyone on the planet, so I know all kinds of things like that. 😊

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 pm
We just got to see the best ball-carrier in the nation score a 40-yard touchdown. On defense. How rare is that? I’m thinking it won’t be the last one.
We have one of the best RB rooms in all of FCS, and likely better than 3/4ths of FBS. And our best RB is not in that room. :shock:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:30 am

JDoub wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:06 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:00 pm
We have one of the best RB rooms in all of FCS, and likely better than 3/4ths of FBS. And our best RB is not in that room. :shock:
Of course that same statement applies to almost every room that is not the linebacker room. Another random thought, how many tackles would he have if he were the coaches son?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:49 am

Watching the game again, PSU really tried to limit Troy by by Keeping WR Bo Kelly in his space. For his size, Kelly was impressive. Quicker than Troy but not faster, it was a fun Chess match to watch. Troy can sure cover the ground on those blitzes, it looks like coverage and then zing he is at the QB’s feet!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 am

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Send Troy in the blitz every play!!! I kid… kind of….

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:22 pm
Send Troy in the blitz every play!!! I kid… kind of….

FTG- GO CATS GO!

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm

One time he showed blitz and covered the left flat. Incredible!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:54 pm

I think what’s truly amazing is that we are currently watching two of the greatest players ever to put on a Bobcat uniform in Troy and Isaiah. Both of these guy will go down as program legends.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:54 pm
I think what’s truly amazing is that we are currently watching two of the greatest players ever to put on a Bobcat uniform in Troy and Isaiah. Both of these guy will go down as program legends.
And the emergence of Okada and Hardy as total studs at their positions is pretty fun, too!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 am

I’m bumping this thread up because Troy seems to be the hot topic on the injuries thread.

Yesterday was the first game I’ve seen how he could be truly dominant at Mike LB. He was all over the field the 1st half with 3 TFL in very limited snaps. The only TD our D gave up was on his first series out.

All that being said, it sure seems we miss his “Nose for the End Zone” on offense sometimes. So I wonder what the plan is with resting him so much. 🤷‍♂️

Side Note, seeing Tommy Mellott fly down the field on kick coverage, has me wanting to see him with the ball in his hands more often!

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:58 am

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 am
I’m bumping this thread up because Troy seems to be the hot topic on the injuries thread.

Yesterday was the first game I’ve seen how he could be truly dominant at Mike LB. He was all over the field the 1st half with 3 TFL in very limited snaps. The only TD our D gave up was on his first series out.

All that being said, it sure seems we miss his “Nose for the End Zone” on offense sometimes. So I wonder what the plan is with resting him so much. 🤷‍♂️

Side Note, seeing Tommy Mellott fly down the field on kick coverage, has me wanting to see him with the ball in his hands more often!
I saw Mellott lined up at wr yesterday.

Andersen is great at linebacker. So is Uluilakepa. Perhaps not as good as Andersen, but very good. The situation yesterday just seemed like more than just resting Andersen. If Uluilakepa was just some ham and egger, I’d be thinking otherwise. I sense there’s something in the works, at least for Uluilakepa. We’ll see.

toM StUber