Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:08 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:58 am
bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 am
I’m bumping this thread up because Troy seems to be the hot topic on the injuries thread.

Yesterday was the first game I’ve seen how he could be truly dominant at Mike LB. He was all over the field the 1st half with 3 TFL in very limited snaps. The only TD our D gave up was on his first series out.

All that being said, it sure seems we miss his “Nose for the End Zone” on offense sometimes. So I wonder what the plan is with resting him so much. 🤷‍♂️

Side Note, seeing Tommy Mellott fly down the field on kick coverage, has me wanting to see him with the ball in his hands more often!
I saw Mellott lined up at wr yesterday.

Andersen is great at linebacker. So is Uluilakepa. Perhaps not as good as Andersen, but very good. The situation yesterday just seemed like more than just resting Andersen. If Uluilakepa was just some ham and egger, I’d be thinking otherwise. I sense there’s something in the works, at least for Uluilakepa. We’ll see.
Danny U will start playing on offense soon. You heard it here first! :lol:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:09 am

I think resting a player, coming off significant injuries, and getting his back-up playing time in a blow-out win, is a smart choice.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:25 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:09 am
I think resting a player, coming off significant injuries, and getting his back-up playing time in a blow-out win, is a smart choice.
That isn’t what happened though. Uluilakepa was in very early and stayed in as things got dicey in the second quarter. I don’t have a problem with that and I see he fills in for Andersen a lot, but especially yesterday. Uluilakepa is a very good player and his playing time has increased steadily.

Just lining Andersen up on offense causes headaches for opposing DCs. We’ll see how this plays out.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:26 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:08 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:58 am
bcatfan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 am
I’m bumping this thread up because Troy seems to be the hot topic on the injuries thread.

Yesterday was the first game I’ve seen how he could be truly dominant at Mike LB. He was all over the field the 1st half with 3 TFL in very limited snaps. The only TD our D gave up was on his first series out.

All that being said, it sure seems we miss his “Nose for the End Zone” on offense sometimes. So I wonder what the plan is with resting him so much. 🤷‍♂️

Side Note, seeing Tommy Mellott fly down the field on kick coverage, has me wanting to see him with the ball in his hands more often!
I saw Mellott lined up at wr yesterday.

Andersen is great at linebacker. So is Uluilakepa. Perhaps not as good as Andersen, but very good. The situation yesterday just seemed like more than just resting Andersen. If Uluilakepa was just some ham and egger, I’d be thinking otherwise. I sense there’s something in the works, at least for Uluilakepa. We’ll see.
Danny U will start playing on offense soon. You heard it here first! :lol:
:lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:41 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:25 am
Hawks86 wrote:
That isn’t what happened though. Uluilakepa was in very early and stayed in as things got dicey in the second quarter. I don’t have a problem with that and I see he fills in for Andersen a lot, but especially yesterday. Uluilakepa is a very good player and his playing time has increased steadily.

Just lining Andersen up on offense causes headaches for opposing DCs. We’ll see how this plays out.
I’d be surprised if Troy plays at all on offense this year. I think he’s an absolute beast but with what he endured earlier with injuries I guess I was under the impression that the coaches wanted to let him focus on one side of the ball.

I’d be excited if he did but I’m torn on whether or not we should.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:48 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I think the entire strategy with TA is to keep him as fresh as possible now knowing he's going to have some serious games vs EWU, Weber, and UM. So, if we have a lead against a below-average team...even if it's early...I think they're going to keep Troy on the sideline. Just my feel. He's going to be playing A LOT of snaps as we enter the meat of our schedule.

Just my opinion anyway. I don't think they're throttling him back on D to make room for him playing O. Mainly because we don't seem to need him on O at the moment.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:51 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:48 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I think the entire strategy with TA is to keep him as fresh as possible now knowing he's going to have some serious games vs EWU, Weber, and UM. So, if we have a lead against a below-average team...even if it's early...I think they're going to keep Troy on the sideline. Just my feel. He's going to be playing A LOT of snaps as we enter the meat of our schedule.

Just my opinion anyway. I don't think they're throttling him back on D to make room for him playing O. Mainly because we don't seem to need him on O at the moment.
I really do love the idea of lining Troy up as a RB in the Cat griz game just to see the pained expression on Hauck's face. It would be priceless.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Troy did come back into the game once UNC got down into the red zone on its TD drive. I think the huge swing at the end of the half from a potential 20-14 lead to 27-7 allowed them to sit him the whole second half.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:00 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:51 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I really do love the idea of lining Troy up as a RB in the Cat griz game just to see the pained expression on Hauck's face. It would be priceless.
This is what I've been thinking! Priceless

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:17 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Troy did come back into the game once UNC got down into the red zone on its TD drive. I think the huge swing at the end of the half from a potential 20-14 lead to 27-7 allowed them to sit him the whole second half.
Yes, I saw him come back in.

toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 am

From the Brody Grebe article in 406mtsports:
watching Troy Andersen dominate at running back, quarterback and linebacker from 2017 to 2019 (Andersen’s a linebacker for MSU this season)
It's still crazy to read this every time. He's played so many positions that when his name comes up in an article the reporter has to specify what position he's playing in the current season.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:47 am

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:52 am

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:47 am
Good one! That's got to be a good omen!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:27 am

I think Troy is primed to have a big game tonight! Well rested and ready.

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 am

rivercat wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:51 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

And do it in the 4th quarter so Hauck burns a time out.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:43 am

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:47 am
Haha!! Well done.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:06 pm

Fearless Troy Andersen prediction: Unless MSU is blowing out WSU, Troy will, at a minimum, line up on offense tonight.
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:06 pm
Unless MSU is blowing out WSU, Troy will line up on offense tonight.
Interesting…

QB, or RB? How about a Mellot/Andersen backfield for an early series with McKay split out wide.

What a ride

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:08 pm
iaafan wrote:
Interesting…

QB, or RB? How about a Mellot/Andersen backfield for an early series with McKay split out wide.
That's an even more fearless prediction. I like it, I like it a lot!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:13 pm

iaafan wrote:
PapaG wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Interesting…

That's an even more fearless prediction. I like it, I like it a lot!
Didn’t Mellot run a read-option offense in Butte? Hope to see it.

What a ride