Troy Freaking Andersen!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Freaking Andersen!

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:02 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:58 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:23 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:02 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
bcatfan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 pm
With all the speculation about whether he'd be healthy enough to play, I thought Troy played one of his best games of the season. He seems to really stand out more in the toughest games. Weber, Eastern and SDSU are all games that come to mind for him looking flat out dominant on defense. Imagine how great of LB he would be if he could have focused on the position for 4 seasons.
He’d be great at anything he focused on for 4 years. That’s who troy is. RB, TE, DE, LB, S.

That is true. And absolutely insane to think about! RB is the only 1 I'd disagree with, only because I don't think he could have stayed healthy. He's too tall and absolutely refuses to go down on the first hit.
You might want to glance at the thread on Bobcat Records. You will see that Troy has multiple top ten standings in different running categories. It could be argued that he is already considered one of the best running threats to have ever played at MSU.
Fair enough. But it definitely took its toll. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be an all time great and hold every record. I just wonder if he’d be like Ryan Johnson at the end of his career and be so beat up that playing at the next level doesn’t interest him. We will never know.

When the ESPN announcer were going on and on about the TE Kraft’s size and speed (after Troy ran him down with a huge head start) it did make me wonder how dominant of Tight End he could have also been in the FCS.
Troy has been amazing at LB. Better than I ever imagined. Completely changes our defense. But he also would have been the best RB in the Big Sky. How often do you have a threat that scores a TD like every 1 out of 10 touches? And other backs have carried that much of a workload and ended up in the league. Troy is a physical specimen and would probably be successful at any position. It will be fun to watch how teams use him in the NFL. I remember comparisons to Taysom Hill and will not be surprised to see Troy run a specialty wildcat package for some NFL team in the future.
Soooooooo, was it the right move to put Troy in the MLB spot this year of not?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:11 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:02 am
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
With all the speculation about whether he'd be healthy enough to play, I thought Troy played one of his best games of the season. He seems to really stand out more in the toughest games. Weber, Eastern and SDSU are all games that come to mind for him looking flat out dominant on defense. Imagine how great of LB he would be if he could have focused on the position for 4 seasons.
He’d be great at anything he focused on for 4 years. That’s who troy is. RB, TE, DE, LB, S.

That is true. And absolutely insane to think about! RB is the only 1 I'd disagree with, only because I don't think he could have stayed healthy. He's too tall and absolutely refuses to go down on the first hit.
You might want to glance at the thread on Bobcat Records. You will see that Troy has multiple top ten standings in different running categories. It could be argued that he is already considered one of the best running threats to have ever played at MSU.
Fair enough. But it definitely took its toll. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be an all time great and hold every record. I just wonder if he’d be like Ryan Johnson at the end of his career and be so beat up that playing at the next level doesn’t interest him. We will never know.

When the ESPN announcer were going on and on about the TE Kraft’s size and speed (after Troy ran him down with a huge head start) it did make me wonder how dominant of Tight End he could have also been in the FCS.
Troy has been amazing at LB. Better than I ever imagined. Completely changes our defense. But he also would have been the best RB in the Big Sky. How often do you have a threat that scores a TD like every 1 out of 10 touches? And other backs have carried that much of a workload and ended up in the league. Troy is a physical specimen and would probably be successful at any position. It will be fun to watch how teams use him in the NFL. I remember comparisons to Taysom Hill and will not be surprised to see Troy run a specialty wildcat package for some NFL team in the future.
Yes. You put your players where they can have the greatest impact. And he made MSU’s defense one of the best in the country with his size, speed and instincts. Troy will probably win the Buck this year. But you have to wonder if he could have won the Payton this year if he was 100% RB this year as well - but we had Ifanse who is an All American.

The ESPN broadcast last week said that Tommy Mellot was the second fastest player on the team for the 15 yard dash - an indication of acceleration and how fast a player can hit top speed. That is one reason Tommy is so good running the ball. Guess who was number one: Troy Andersen.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:15 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

The team is playing in the national championship.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:07 am

Dane Brugler was asked in the Path to the Draft podcast to highlight a prospect from this last weekend's bowl games who stood out.

He ignored the bowl games and talked about Troy.

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:09 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

In addition, it was the right move because it's where he wanted to play.

When a guy has been completely selfless, playing wherever you need him to, it's only right that you give him his preference once you're in a position to do so.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:37 am

Lord Vigo wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:07 am
Dane Brugler was asked in the Path to the Draft podcast to highlight a prospect from this last weekend's bowl games who stood out.

He ignored the bowl games and talked about Troy.

Dane talks about troy about 16 minutes 30 seconds or so
in

Journey to the draft podcast JTTD 370:Scouting QB s and finding sleepers.
https://www.stitcher.com/show/journey-t ... s-89160216

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Troy has been absolutely on fire during these playoff games. And it just kind of dawned on my that Troy is still leaning this position and still continues to improve every single game. It’s like he finally hit that 10,000 rep mark and everything has slowed down for him.

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:11 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

Yes. You put your players where they can have the greatest impact. And he made MSU’s defense one of the best in the country with his size, speed and instincts. Troy will probably win the Buck this year. But you have to wonder if he could have won the Payton this year if he was 100% RB this year as well - but we had Ifanse who is an All American.

The ESPN broadcast last week said that Tommy Mellot was the second fastest player on the team for the 15 yard dash - an indication of acceleration and how fast a player can hit top speed. That is one reason Tommy is so good running the ball. Guess who was number one: Troy Andersen.
So your saying teams are going to start looking at Montana for some team speed.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

Ssssshhhh they'll hear you!!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:18 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:50 pm
Cataholic wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
bcatfan1 wrote:

I was thinking about this and never considered Montana as an area to recruit speed kids, but where will Taco’s speed fall in the mix next year? Pretty interesting stuff!
Last edited by Cataholic on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:18 pm
I was thinking about this and never considered Montana as an area to recruit kids, but where will Taco’s speed fall in the mix next year? Pretty interesting stuff!
Punt and Kick return and some time in the slot.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 pm

That is pretty crazy - when we go out and recruit for speed and end up with smaller speedsters on the team at WR, DB, and return positions - and then they all tell you the fastest player on the team is a 230 pound LB\QB.... and then you find out Mellott is faster than TA.... and I've seen Taco play twice and here to tell you that yes, he may possibly be faster than Mellott. WOW!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:34 pm
Cataholic wrote:
I was thinking about this and never considered Montana as an area to recruit speed kids, but where will Taco’s speed fall in the mix next year? Pretty interesting stuff!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:39 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I was thinking about this and never considered Montana as an area to recruit kids, but where will Taco’s speed fall in the mix next year? Pretty interesting stuff!
Sorry - I meant to put Montana as an area to recruit speed. Taco is another speed kid.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:10 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:39 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Sorry - I meant to put Montana as an area to recruit speed. Taco is another speed kid.
He has very good speed, but his quickness in tight spots is what sets him apart and makes him a great returner, especially punt returns. Very good thing for a slot receiver to have, too. From what I've seen his judgement and hands are very good, which is another nice feature for returners.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:22 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
He has very good speed, but his quickness in tight spots is what sets him apart and makes him a great returner, especially punt returns. Very good thing for a slot receiver to have, too. From what I've seen his judgement and hands are very good, which is another nice feature for returners.
How would you compare/contrast him with Gabe Sulser?

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:26 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 pm
That is pretty crazy - when we go out and recruit for speed and end up with smaller speedsters on the team at WR, DB, and return positions - and then they all tell you the fastest player on the team is a 230 pound LB\QB.... and then you find out Mellott is faster than TA.... and I've seen Taco play twice and here to tell you that yes, he may possibly be faster than Mellott. WOW!
Pretty sure multiple people have said that Troy is the fastest on the team.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:27 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:10 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
How would you compare/contrast him with Gabe Sulser?
I think pretty similar in regards to speed and quickness.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I think that he’s a more dynamic athlete than Willie, for example. Not as fast as Charles Brown or Andrew Patterson.

Taco is fast, but like Tom said, the best part of his game is his quickness. He could make a guy miss a tackle in a phone booth.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Time for this thread to return with the Troy Andersen Highlight Video link.

Enjoy

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate