Post Game interviews

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post Game interviews

Post by Helenabobcat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 pm

I was able to see the post game interview clips of Ty & Troy, but can't find one of Vigen. Is it too early for one to be out there somewhere?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Post Game interviews

Post by coloradocat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I assume they'll be up on Skyline's youtube channel by the time everyone wakes up in the morning. MSU really needs to get on the ball and post the full pressers on YT.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:15 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm
I assume they'll be up on Skyline's youtube channel by the time everyone wakes up in the morning. MSU really needs to get on the ball and post the full pressers on YT.
Is the disposition of MSU’s version of the pressers, like everything else with Bobcat media, dependent on Learfield? I see that Learfield was indeed being tagged as the producer of the ESPN+ stream. Enough said.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:41 am

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:41 am
I am impressed by our young men. Ty Okada speaks like a seasoned coach. I could listen to him preach about Bobcat football all day.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 am

Okada is channelling what made Choate great at this stuff. Little anecdotes and interactions with the media. He can bring you in and make you feel what he's feeling. Incredible really.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:47 am

Can I get an AMEN! Ty is a special personality. We need that out of players and Assistant Coaches because poor old Coach V is pretty vanilla. But Coach V has brought in a great offensive and defensive scheme and he manages it well. I really like what I am seeing. Freddie Banks and staff are starting to bring the heat and Coach House and staff are balanced and diversified. A credit to Coach V for brining in quality assistants.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:08 am

I actually like Vigen's personality. It's not as rah-rah as Choate but he provides good information and doesn't try to avoid questions. You can definitely tell Okada grew up under Choate though. Not a lot of players would tell the media about the exchange with the quarterback.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:08 am
I actually like Vigen's personality. It's not as rah-rah as Choate but he provides good information and doesn't try to avoid questions. You can definitely tell Okada grew up under Choate though. Not a lot of players would tell the media about the exchange with the quarterback.
I agree. I like his approach as well. We are still used to the intensity that Choate brought. Every time I hear Coach V speak I think of high football IQ and quiet intensity.

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:28 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 pm
coloradocat wrote:
I agree. I like his approach as well. We are still used to the intensity that Choate brought. Every time I hear Coach V speak I think of high football IQ and quiet intensity.
This!

CatBot

Post by CatBot » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 pm

Vigen will let the team's performance and the result speak for itself. I like that he's very straight forward and candid in his responses with no 'coach-speak' or cliches. He's building trust across the board. Glad he's here.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:32 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:28 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 pm
coloradocat wrote:
This!
Yep!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 pm

I loved Choate's intensity and the emotion he gave off to the players. But sometimes relying on emotion is inconsistent and it's hard to fabricate it when you just aren't feeling it. Sometimes Choate's teams just didn't have it and they had some bad losses. I'm hoping Vigen's consistency, professionalism and discipline means that the team will have the same attitude and demeanor. It sure seems that way so far, but the first test will be next weekend in Portland. Terrible environment compared the the first three games. Vigen's approach should be great for games like this one.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:20 pm

GavinDonos wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
I am impressed by our young men. Ty Okada speaks like a seasoned coach. I could listen to him preach about Bobcat football all day.
On Montana State's media day on August 5, I came over to Bozeman and had a pretty break neck pace set up scheduled. I was going to do five player interviews (6-10 min each) from 3:30 to 4 before going live. I also needed someone to sit in from 5-5:30 live with me. I suggested Ty Okada to Bill Lamberty MSU sports information director. He was thrilled to fulfill the request.

Okada and I sat court side at the scorers table at Brick Breedin Fieldhouse while Jubrile Belo and Amin Adamu each did individual shooting work outs in front of us. Ty spent nearly 28 minutes talking in a confident, fluid, direct, articulate fashion, making jokes and having the best time. I left exceptionally impressed. There's only a few of my professional media colleagues who can talk with this sort of pace, cadence, wit and charm. Very bright young man with a bright future. Here's the interview and the feature.

[media]<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/episode/ ... fogow12uSw" width="100%" height="232" frameBorder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>[/media]

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4QBL6E ... l_branch=1

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:20 pm
GavinDonos wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:15 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
On Montana State's media day on August 5, I came over to Bozeman and had a pretty break neck pace set up scheduled. I was going to do five player interviews (6-10 min each) from 3:30 to 4 before going live. I also needed someone to sit in from 5-5:30 live with me. I suggested Ty Okada to Bill Lamberty MSU sports information director. He was thrilled to fulfill the request.

Okada and I sat court side at the scorers table at Brick Breedin Fieldhouse while Jubrile Belo and Amin Adamu each did individual shooting work outs in front of us. Ty spent nearly 28 minutes talking in a confident, fluid, direct, articulate fashion, making jokes and having the best time. I left exceptionally impressed. There's only a few of my professional media colleagues who can talk with this sort of pace, cadence, wit and charm. Very bright young man with a bright future. Here's the interview and the feature.

[media]<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/episode/ ... fogow12uSw" width="100%" height="232" frameBorder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>[/media]

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4QBL6E ... l_branch=1

Ty is the best tackler in the BSC!!!