Indoor Facility

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Indoor Facility

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:31 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:46 am
allcat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:39 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:16 am
An IPF will be a huge recruiting advantage in a cold weather state like Montana. I hope we get things moving soon. Just once, I'd like to see MSU get ahead of UM in the facilities arms race.
We upgraded the weight room before they did.
The new griz center has a new weight room inside of it.
I don’t know who has a better facility, but MSU’s has a hydrotherapy unit and a clinic or some type of medical facility within it. It also opens up right onto the field. I think the UM players have to go down a flight of stairs to access the playing field.

I assume catfanatic is talking about football facilities only, but MSU’s campus facilities are way ahead of UM. They would need at least $100 million to become close. I assume the decline of students makes that unnecessary. I don’t know a whole lot about UM’s other athletic facilities, but I don’t recall them holding rodeos in Adams and I don’t know that they have indoor track anymore. If they do, I think MSU is better equipped. MSU doesn’t have a ski team facility and UM doesn’t have a ski team, but our team uses Bridger and Big Sky. Just pointing out that no one at MSU should be complaining about UM football, which seems to put all its effort into their football program, getting something, especially something as cheesy as an indoor bubble, first.
To be fair, I think I'd take a "cheesy" bubble this very morning if one was available. Anything to get these guys out of the crap weather when the games matter most. I'd take EXACTLY what the griz have in the works if in fact true.
True. To be clear, that wasn’t my only point. I’d take it too, but those things are freaking hideous. I think that’s one thing Cat and Griz fans can agree on.

My main point is that we kick UM’s ace at 99% of everything, so no one should be too bothered that they’re football facilities get built a few years ahead of ours. It isn’t like MSU donors also have their collective priorities backward. :P
Agree with all of this. \:D/

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:31 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:00 am
AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
An IPF will be a huge recruiting advantage in a cold weather state like Montana. I hope we get things moving soon. Just once, I'd like to see MSU get ahead of UM in the facilities arms race.
I don’t know who has a better facility, but MSU’s has a hydrotherapy unit and a clinic or some type of medical facility within it. It also opens up right onto the field. I think the UM players have to go down a flight of stairs to access the playing field.

I assume catfanatic is talking about football facilities only, but MSU’s campus facilities are way ahead of UM. They would need at least $100 million to become close. I assume the decline of students makes that unnecessary. I don’t know a whole lot about UM’s other athletic facilities, but I don’t recall them holding rodeos in Adams and I don’t know that they have indoor track anymore. If they do, I think MSU is better equipped. MSU doesn’t have a ski team facility and UM doesn’t have a ski team, but our team uses Bridger and Big Sky. Just pointing out that no one at MSU should be complaining about UM football, which seems to put all its effort into their football program, getting something, especially something as cheesy as an indoor bubble, first.
To be fair, I think I'd take a "cheesy" bubble this very morning if one was available. Anything to get these guys out of the crap weather when the games matter most. I'd take EXACTLY what the griz have in the works if in fact true.
True. To be clear, that wasn’t my only point. I’d take it too, but those things are freaking hideous. I think that’s one thing Cat and Griz fans can agree on.

My main point is that we kick UM’s ace at 99% of everything, so no one should be too bothered that they’re football facilities get built a few years ahead of ours. It isn’t like MSU donors also have their collective priorities backward. :P
Agree with all of this. \:D/

If we start a fundraiser to build a true indoor facility we will have a huge advantage. Not to mention in an arms race for facilities being second is an advantage because it will be newer and can be built better than the previous

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 am
Some people think it’s a mortal sin to compliment anything UM does.
I think it's a great plan. Their indoor track team will get a couple of sprinters lanes to practice on.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:06 am

As stated, MSU has the Indoor Facility planned within the Athletic Master Plan that was developed a couple of years ago. I believe the 2nd priority of the Master Plan (following the BAC/Fieldhouse remodel portion) is the Indoor. I have heard that they are in the conceptual phase and that the building will be big enough to have an indoor track for the track and field team as well as be 65 feet tall on the interior for the kickers to be able to use it as well. Price tag at the moment is in the $25 million range, so it may be a bit for us to get that completed, at least if we do this full permanent structure and not use any form of bubble.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:11 pm

AFCAT wrote:
allcat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
I know, but we upgraded the weight room a couple of years ago, as I remember it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm
PapaG wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:43 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 pm
It sounds like UM will be announcing or has announced an indoor practice facility for their campus. I was told it is supposed to be ready by next November. I think that is 100% what we need to get done next here. How far away are we realistically from something like this. I know it’s in the long term plans, but how far out?
It is pretty amazing that UM would announce another athletic facility at a time when the university is struggling so badly. I realize that the funding probably came from Daddy Warbucks Washington, but think about the optics…
Was going to post something similar to this. Half the students graduating from that relic of a school have worthless B.A degrees and they are worried about an indoor football facility.

Priorities…
Can you provide facts to back up your statement or are you just running your mouth like normal?
Oh poor you. It’s called hyperbole to insult a rival. This is a Bobcat board. What do you expect?

I was prescient on this board years ago when during a Cat-Griz game on Root, both schools had promotion ads. MSU had shots of real students doing STEM and Business/Accounting things in classrooms.

UM had actors frolicking in circles on the common area there, and randomly on some rocks (!), to some goofy music and shots of the football team. Knew things were going sideways there at that point and turns out I was correct.

The way things are trending in Missoula, the football team at some point could have more players on the roster than actual non-athlete students in classes.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride