MSU Vs Northern Colorado 10/2

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU Vs Northern Colorado 10/2

Post by Cats15 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:17 am

I was just on Ticketswest trying to grab an extra ticket for my kid. There is no tickets showing as available. Is this correct, have we fully sold out this game??? I am thinking it may be an issue with the site but was hoping someone can confirm.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU Vs Northern Colorado 10/2

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:34 am

I don't know, but that's parent/family weekend. With enrollment where it is, it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see there were an extra few thousand people looking for tickets.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:32 am

All of the sudden this might be the toughest game we have before we head to Ogden.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:17 am
I was just on Ticketswest trying to grab an extra ticket for my kid. There is no tickets showing as available. Is this correct, have we fully sold out this game??? I am thinking it may be an issue with the site but was hoping someone can confirm.
They probably haven't had a Sold out game in 10 years.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:46 pm
Cats15 wrote:
It is in Bozeman. There have been sellouts.

Pecos24

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm

RockyBearCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
True, but UNC? All other remaining games have tickets available. That just seems strange…

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm
RockyBearCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
True, but UNC? All other remaining games have tickets available. That just seems strange…
yeah, that makes sense. I think parents' weekend is the kicker.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 pm

RockyBearCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:59 pm
Pecos24 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm
RockyBearCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Cats15 wrote:
yeah, that makes sense. I think parents' weekend is the kicker.
Oops my mistake. I was thinking of it as away. This is the trap game I see as they are hungry and trying to prove a point.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AlfredEBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by AlfredEBobcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 am

Yes, UNC could be a sleeper. Ed Mcaffery is the new head coach. He knows a little about football....and has people skills (aka as recruiting skills), and a stellar reputation......Choate-like?? Add in his two sons Dylan, a 4 star QB out of Littleton, CO and a Michigan dropdown, and his brother Luke, a Nebraska dropdown, to the team. Add a few pieces and, walla!, there might be something brewing there. It will be interesting to see what develops there.

AlfredEBobcat

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 am

They have MSU, EWU, UM, and Weber St all on their schedule... chances are they beat at least 1 of them.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 am

AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 am
Yes, UNC could be a sleeper. Ed Mcaffery is the new head coach. He knows a little about football....and has people skills (aka as recruiting skills), and a stellar reputation......Choate-like?? Add in his two sons Dylan, a 4 star QB out of Littleton, CO and a Michigan dropdown, and his brother Luke, a Nebraska dropdown, to the team. Add a few pieces and, walla!, there might be something brewing there. It will be interesting to see what develops there.
When he was hired I was pretty confident he could turn them around, but I wasn't expecting them to be a Year 1 turn around.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 am

I love that NoCo is getting better. Love that this game will be tough. I read that UC Davis has sold out there home game this weekend. These are all GREAT things for the Big Sky.

Hating the griz since 02.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:29 am

AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 am
Looks like Ed’s boy either got hurt or benched.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 am

So UNC has a very interesting coaching staff.

Ed McCaffery coached HS FB for 2 years. First time coaching college. The DC coached HS FB for a long time. Never coached college as far as I can tell. The OC is another one of Ed’s son, Max. Max has not only never been an OC, he’s never coached! Then, the director of football operations is Max’s girlfriend.

It’s possible that all works out okay, but I sure wouldn’t like it.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 am
So UNC has a very interesting coaching staff.

Ed McCaffery coached HS FB for 2 years. First time coaching college. The DC coached HS FB for a long time. Never coached college as far as I can tell. The OC is another one of Ed’s son, Max. Max has not only never been an OC, he’s never coached! Then, the director of football operations is Max’s girlfriend.

It’s possible that all works out okay, but I sure wouldn’t like it.
WE wouldn't like, but a flatlined program like UNC? Sure why the hell not.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 am

This may be an unpopular opinion, but coaching experience is overrated. Sure it matters, but for a quick turnaround, give me a guy who connects with players and motivates them well. They might go 3-8, but they also might beat somebody good and build some momentum. He'll connect with a few of the blue chip recruits here and there and have a dangerous team in no time. He might not have a great team, but they'll be dangerous.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 am
This may be an unpopular opinion, but coaching experience is overrated. Sure it matters, but for a quick turnaround, give me a guy who connects with players and motivates them well. They might go 3-8, but they also might beat somebody good and build some momentum. He'll connect with a few of the blue chip recruits here and there and have a dangerous team in no time. He might not have a great team, but they'll be dangerous.
That can work for a year or two, but pretty soon players/recruits see through that. They wanna win. That’s why Alabama gets the majority of the top talent. They want to win.

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:55 am

Why are people saying Northern Colorado is so good this year? They lost big to Colorado and beat a team I have never heard of. Is it that they just aren't as bad as they normally are?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm

They have us, Eastern and Davis 3 straight weeks. We'll see how good they really are then. I don't think they'll be able to run the ball against us and so far their QBs have been inconsistent and inaccurate. Might be a decent game but it won't be closer than a couple scores I don't think.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:55 am
Why are people saying Northern Colorado is so good this year? They lost big to Colorado and beat a team I have never heard of. Is it that they just aren't as bad as they normally are?
I think your last sentence is what people saying. They simply might not be a complete doormat this year. They're already half way to their entire 2019 win total, and blew out a pretty poor HBU team this year (their stud QB transferred to WKU). They beat the Idaho schools by a combined 9 points in 2019 so a big win is kind of a big deal for them, opponent be damned - HBU is a full scholarship FCS school.

I watched some of their CU game and Dylan Mccaffrey looked pretty darn good. They got up so big against HBU I think Coach Mccaffrey rotated some other QBs in.