MSU Vs Northern Colorado 10/2

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU Vs Northern Colorado 10/2

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 am
This may be an unpopular opinion, but coaching experience is overrated. Sure it matters, but for a quick turnaround, give me a guy who connects with players and motivates them well. They might go 3-8, but they also might beat somebody good and build some momentum. He'll connect with a few of the blue chip recruits here and there and have a dangerous team in no time. He might not have a great team, but they'll be dangerous.
That can work for a year or two, but pretty soon players/recruits see through that. They wanna win. That’s why Alabama gets the majority of the top talent. They want to win.
Agreed. That's why I said they could be dangerous, but I have my doubts about whether they'd be very good for long. And with the transfer portal, they'd have to have some real results or their studs would be gone in no time.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm

bertram wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:03 am
They have MSU, EWU, UM, and Weber St all on their schedule... chances are they beat at least 1 of them.
I’d bet against that, but I could be wrong. We’ll see.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm
bertram wrote:
They have MSU, EWU, UM, and Weber St all on their schedule... chances are they beat at least 1 of them.
I watched No. Colorado's last game, they've definitely improved. I could see them pulling off a big upset.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:16 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:11 am
catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm
bertram wrote:
I watched No. Colorado's last game, they've definitely improved. I could see them pulling off a big upset.
Yep, I never say things like that can't happen, this is the Big Sky we're talking about here. I'm just saying if I had to put money on them losing all four of those games versus winning one, I'd take the former. They play us in Bozeman, tall order there, and it would be devastating for the Cats to lose that one. They also play UM in Missoula, that would probably be almost as shocking as the Griz beating the Huskies. They "get to" play Eastern in Greeley, and it's after the Eastern\UM game so MAYBE this is the shocker? Then they have to travel again to play Weber at the end of the season.... and Weber tends to be pretty solid late season gearing up for the playoffs. Plus, I'd have to think the Bears might be worn our by then. Damn, I love it that college football is back!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:00 pm

The fact we are actually talking about UNC, matters. I hope they are improving. I hope they become relevant. That would be absolutely awesome.

Hating the griz since 02.

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 am

There are no easy wins in the Big Sky Conference. Ed McCaffery has UNC playing hard believing they can play anyone, bringing down Northern Arizona in O.T. after their big win over Arizona the previous week. They will come into Bozeman with much confidence. The Denver media has always had a love-fest with the McCaffery’s and with former Michigan Wolverine Dylan at quarterback, has UNC winning the BSC already.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”