Captain Matt McKay

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Captain Matt McKay

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:56 pm

The Captain liked a Tweet I made for the R&R Twitter account during the game, so if it’s McKay he’s doing it from the sideline…

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:00 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:54 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:14 pm
Does anyone know who actually runs that twitter account? I'm guessing an NC state fan since the account was created back then. Matt has said its not him.
You think an NC State fan would care enough to continue it when he’s no longer on the team?

It’s either McKay or a close friend, and if it’s McKay, it makes it much more lame.
I think it’s awesome and if it was actually McKay I’d love it more. So creative and love watching these guys have fun. Pretty sweet if it’s a friend too. Look forward to them every week!
100% agree.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:20 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Does anyone know who actually runs that twitter account? I'm guessing an NC state fan since the account was created back then. Matt has said its not him.
You think an NC State fan would care enough to continue it when he’s no longer on the team?

It’s either McKay or a close friend, and if it’s McKay, it makes it much more lame.
Yes I do because it's a fun account and a fun idea. I remember seeing a similar thing for Andrew Luck back in the day, so it's not the first time it's been done.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:26 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:56 pm
The Captain liked a Tweet I made for the R&R Twitter account during the game, so if it’s McKay he’s doing it from the sideline…
:lol:

It’s awesome no matter what. Everyone I’ve shown them to who
Hasn’t seen them thinks they’re amazing.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:14 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:20 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Yes I do because it's a fun account and a fun idea. I remember seeing a similar thing for Andrew Luck back in the day, so it's not the first time it's been done.
Yes, Andrew Luck was the first one and then there were thousands of copies of it. I can see where people who haven’t seen it before find it amusing, I’ve just seen far too many of them. It’s all old hat to me.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:21 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:14 pm
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Yes, Andrew Luck was the first one and then there were thousands of copies of it. I can see where people who haven’t seen it before find it amusing, I’ve just seen far too many of them. It’s all old hat to me.
That’s a fair take. I’ve seen several of them too. But none with our starting QB and teams the bobcats are playing.

There’s a ton of things that I see where teams copy other teams in regards to their university. Some great traditions out there. Hell, I like it when we play Sweet Caroline to get the students fired up, (touchy subject I learned) even though I think it was Boston College that started it.

So while I don’t have an issue with your opinion obviously, I like lots of things that pertain to MSU even if I have seen it done before. That’s probably the only difference in our opinions.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:21 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

That’s a fair take. I’ve seen several of them too. But none with our starting QB and teams the bobcats are playing.

There’s a ton of things that I see where teams copy other teams in regards to their university. Some great traditions out there. Hell, I like it when we play Sweet Caroline to get the students fired up, (touchy subject I learned) even though I think it was Boston College that started it.

So while I don’t have an issue with your opinion obviously, I like lots of things that pertain to MSU even if I have seen it done before. That’s probably the only difference in our opinions.
I’m just a grumpy old man, that’s all.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:58 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I’m bad with sharing stuff but there’s a new McKay post about the infamous clipboard throwing tonight. It was awesome. I’m sure someone smarter than myself will post by morning!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I’m bad with sharing stuff but there’s a new McKay post about the infamous clipboard throwing tonight. It was awesome. I’m sure someone smarter than myself will post by morning!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Well that settles it, Court Martial or bust.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:51 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I like it. It is unique. I also loved it when the running back a couple years ago had that song he wrote. (Groves)? I would like to hear what Taylor sings also.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:15 am

kmax wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:37 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Thank you sir. This was awesome.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Rich K wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am
=D^ =D^ =D^

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:34 pm

The latest in the saga of Capt. Matt McKay:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:34 pm

Using some cool graphics now. :lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:34 pm

Using some cool graphics now. :lol:
He's obviously enjoying the ride, and rightly so! :lol:

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 pm

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:06 pm

Guessing this is the one you were trying to link to. Good stuff :lol:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:55 am

kmax wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Guessing this is the one you were trying to link to. Good stuff :lol:
The Twitter thread has people posting actual bird recipes. :lol: