The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:18 am

The really good.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:53 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:38 pm
I hate getting to my seat late, so I went in a little over an hour early. No waiting in line. The fella did have a little trouble scanning my ticket on my phone, but moved out of the sun, and was successful. We have had a designated parking spot for years, but do not this year. I still am a little confused whether our current priority parking for the white lot means that we can park, anywhere within #15 on the campus parking map, except those spots which are marked with #’s. While trying to park, I did not see anything designated as the white parking lot. At least two others that I spoke with were confused as well. I guess I can certainly make a call, but thanks for any information that anyone has.
Anywhere other than the numbered spots is fine in the Bobcat lot closest to Kagy
Thank You!

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:42 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
I hate getting to my seat late, so I went in a little over an hour early. No waiting in line. The fella did have a little trouble scanning my ticket on my phone, but moved out of the sun, and was successful. We have had a designated parking spot for years, but do not this year. I still am a little confused whether our current priority parking for the white lot means that we can park, anywhere within #15 on the campus parking map, except those spots which are marked with #’s. While trying to park, I did not see anything designated as the white parking lot. At least two others that I spoke with were confused as well. I guess I can certainly make a call, but thanks for any information that anyone has.
Yeah, I think they renamed all the parking lots on campus after animals a while back but forgot to make the change on the game day parking passes or didn’t make any color designated parking signs for the games.
Thanks!

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:10 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
White lot is between the field house and Kagy….enter off 11th. Is that what you were asking? The area closest to Kagy in that lot usually has a few tailgate spots and RV spots……but other than that you can usually get a good spot fairly close to stadium. And even sit on a chair in the lot and have a beverage in some spots!
Thanks! Sounds like a great idea! 🍻

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:44 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:21 am
“ White lot is between the field house and Kagy….enter off 11th. Is that what you were asking? The area closest to Kagy in that lot usually has a few tailgate spots and RV spots”

The lot right off Kagy is the Roayl(blue) lot. Those spots are $200 a spot for the six games.

The white lot is also shown in the map:
https://msubobcats.com/sports/2021/8/17 ... g-map.aspx

Hope this helps.
Thank You! I had not seen that map as I was hurrying on Saturday trying to find an answer on my phone.

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:21 am
“ White lot is between the field house and Kagy….enter off 11th. Is that what you were asking? The area closest to Kagy in that lot usually has a few tailgate spots and RV spots”

The lot right off Kagy is the Roayl(blue) lot. Those spots are $200 a spot for the six games.

The white lot is also shown in the map:
https://msubobcats.com/sports/2021/8/17 ... g-map.aspx

Hope this helps.
$200 is what we were paying for our other designated spot also, so this looks like an option should we choose. Many of the numbered spots in the blue lot, appeared to be vacant last year, not sure about this year.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:38 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm
The Good:
First home game in over 600 days and a W.
Ty Okada, Daniel Hardy, Matthew McKay, Lance Mc, Willie P
The Defense

The Bad:
I had to listen to the whole game on the radio and I'm not a fan of the "voice of the Bobcats"...frustrating to try and follow his miscues, voice inflections, and cute saying... ( I know, this is a first world problem :) )

The UGLY:

ESPN+ not showing the game. Not sure why my subscription lets me watch SDSU, Liberty, Texas...literally any other game, but NO Bobcat game! ??? Wasn't on the list of options, and worked fine when I wanted to watch any other game, but zero BSC games showed up on my options. UGLY! #-o
I watched the entire game on ESPN+... :?

Did anyone else experience Espn+ returning late (and missing the first play of the new series at least a half dozen times) when there was a turnover on downs or after a score?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:05 am

codecat wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:01 pm
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
The Good:
The Defense

The Bad:
I had to listen to the whole game on the radio and I'm not a fan of the "voice of the Bobcats"...frustrating to try and follow his miscues, voice inflections, and cute saying... ( I know, this is a first world problem :) )

The UGLY:

ESPN+ not showing the game. Not sure why my subscription lets me watch SDSU, Liberty, Texas...literally any other game, but NO Bobcat game! ??? Wasn't on the list of options, and worked fine when I wanted to watch any other game, but zero BSC games showed up on my options. UGLY! #-o

Did anyone else experience Espn+ returning late (and missing the first play of the new series at least a half dozen times) when there was a turnover on downs or after a score?
Yes. But I think that was Lerfield and maybe the crew being rusty from 2 years off. . Along with the camera being behind on the deep balls alot of the time.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 am

FMFP_PHOTO wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:22 pm
A link to the very good, the good and the unfortunate (ugly) about the game of football:

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... UGIOhYJY5g

Cheers, Felix
Thanks, as always, for sharing your work with us.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:59 am

Good: Tommy Mellot is wearing #16 and playing on special teams!

Not 4 because he can't be on the field with James Campbell.

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 am

codecat wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
The Good:
The Defense

The Bad:

The UGLY:

Yes, we all should have seen the same streaming content. Commercial breaks, like on SWX, are synchronized with the game because the crew on the field holds up play until they get the “all clear” from the TV production crew — sometimes the one with the fluorescent orange glove. It’s trickier if there are two productions, the one being shown on ESPN+ being announced at the beginning as “brought to you by Learfield Sports Properties.” Learfield was obviously left on their own to show their commercials without game synchronization. They appeared to have sold about 60 seconds extra during each break, therefore often sacrificing the first play. Not tidy.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:17 am

The Good. There’s been a lot of talk about the importance of depth in the various position groups. If Tucker Rovig is not the best QB2 in the league, then who is? He came in, never dropped a snap, never had a procedure penalty. His good ball handling set up a nice run, he missed a route over the middle (no replay, don’t know what happened), and then dropped a dime to Cam Gardner for a touchdown. Good job, Tucker. Not too often a new quarterback merges into the game that smoothly.

Bad. Having to wait a week for another game.

The Ugly. Only having an 11-game regular season.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 am
codecat wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
The Good:
The Defense

The Bad:

The UGLY:

Yes, we all should have seen the same streaming content. Commercial breaks, like on SWX, are synchronized with the game because the crew on the field holds up play until they get the “all clear” from the TV production crew — sometimes the one with the fluorescent orange glove. It’s trickier if there are two productions, the one being shown on ESPN+ being announced at the beginning as “brought to you by Learfield Sports Properties.” Learfield was obviously left on their own to show their commercials without game synchronization. They appeared to have sold about 60 seconds extra during each break, therefore often sacrificing the first play. Not tidy.

I'm curious why they don't pick up the SWX feed. I was toggling between the Cats and Griz espn+ feeds. The Griz game appeared to be the SWX production.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:08 am
codecat wrote:
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
The Good:
The Defense

The Bad:

The UGLY:

I'm curious why they don't pick up the SWX feed. I was toggling between the Cats and Griz espn+ feeds. The Griz game appeared to be the SWX production.
I was wondering the same thing. Thought it might be that ESPN would have to pay for the SWX broadcast and ESPN’s greed wouldn’t allow that. But, if the griz SWX cast was on ESPN, that theory goes out the window.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 am

SWX bought the rights to the games they broadcast. It would be foolish for them to grant ESPN the feed without compensation as it would compete with their broadcast. ESPN agreed to stream the productions that are generated by the schools themselves.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 am

I thought ESPN was the learfield feed.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:51 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:18 am
The really good.

Is there a reason we don't do this at every home game? It is bar none the best run out. I love it.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:14 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:51 am
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Is there a reason we don't do this at every home game? It is bar none the best run out. I love it.
Sometimes the Rodeo Team is traveling or has an event and they are not available. My understanding is that whenever they are in Bozeman they are glad to do it and football is glad to have them.
Its just scheduling

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:14 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Sometimes the Rodeo Team is traveling or has an event and they are not available. My understanding is that whenever they are in Bozeman they are glad to do it and football is glad to have them.
Its just scheduling
....My enjoyment is worth more than the Rodeo team "traveling" to some sort of horse dance events. Can't they fix their schedule? Ridiculous.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:14 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Its just scheduling
....My enjoyment is worth more than the Rodeo team "traveling" to some sort of horse dance events. Can't they fix their schedule? Ridiculous.
Hahaha that's a good one BBB. Actually I was pleasantly surprised that there were members of the rodeo team available to do the runout because they were in Cody WY this past weekend. They did really well at Cody and it's worth a look on their facebook page at this link.

https://www.facebook.com/MTSURodeo

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!