The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 am

CodyCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:07 am
PapaG wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am
bobcatozzy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 pm
I understand the kids being kids and I've sat beside them for 10 years. I was rather embarrassed of them yesterday. The things they were saying made a sailor blush yes I was in the Navy. Besides the things they were saying throwing the shirts on the field, water bottles, and the chant F Joe Biden. Mind you I'm not a big Biden fan. I just don't think politics should be in any sport.

Students are going to be jerks at times. One of my buddies hit Earle Solomonson in the head with a snowball late in the game during yet another embarrassing loss and everyone in the student section laughed about it, which at the time was maybe 200 students.

Looking back it was awful but at the time it seemed appropriate.
Im very tired of the ESG GCG chant from the students when we arent playing the griz.
I’m over 50 and that cheer never gets old.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:40 am

CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:
I understand the kids being kids and I've sat beside them for 10 years. I was rather embarrassed of them yesterday. The things they were saying made a sailor blush yes I was in the Navy. Besides the things they were saying throwing the shirts on the field, water bottles, and the chant F Joe Biden. Mind you I'm not a big Biden fan. I just don't think politics should be in any sport.
Students are going to be jerks at times. One of my buddies hit Earle Solomonson in the head with a snowball late in the game during yet another embarrassing loss and everyone in the student section laughed about it, which at the time was maybe 200 students.

Im very tired of the ESG GCG chant from the students when we arent playing the griz.
I'm not. In fact, I'd like to hear it more. I feel like I'm floating on clouds every time the students break into that. Besides, the games are all about the students. They're the No. 1 reason college football is so fun. Nothing like a rowdy student section doing all kinds of crazy stuff.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:42 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 am
CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

I’m over 50 and that cheer never gets old.
+1 8)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:00 pm

CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

Ummmm... gonna have to disagree with ya there. It puts a smile on my face every time! Hahah

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:00 pm
CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

Ummmm... gonna have to disagree with ya there. It puts a smile on my face every time! Hahah
I know that many people disagree with me. I just dont give a crap about missoula until Cat/griz and I dont understand why the students would chant it when its not Cat/griz.

Hating the griz since 02.

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:22 pm

A link to the very good, the good and the unfortunate (ugly) about the game of football:

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... UGIOhYJY5g

Cheers, Felix

coochorama42

Post by coochorama42 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 pm

This.

I understand 100% how this happens in the first game of the season, but if you expect things to get better going forward, I think you're going to be disappointed. Some of the best aspects of gameday happen the hour before kickoff, in my humble opinion.

For instance, it was interesting to watch the positional warmups under Vigan. It appeared as if he had players lined up in roughly their order on the depth chart. I think that this is a nice way to set the tone for the importance of these drills when you see the #1s and #2s taking them seriously. Also, it was obvious from the first throw in warmups that McKay throws a really nice ball. There was a little snap to his throws that I haven't seen here in a long time. I was also impressed by how many repetitions they had just of the center snapping the ball to the QB.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm blown away by the level of detail Vigan brings to this program. I've had season tickets here for all but five years (I lived elsewhere) since 1990 and had season tickets in Missoula for about the four years before that. I've never seen a team - home or away - have a more detail-oriented warmup than what I saw on Saturday. It just felt...different.
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am

They are having the same conversation on egriz this morning. Frankly, I think this is just par for the course these days. No different than any bar, restaurant or store you walk into. They are all packed, and they are all short staffed. Not to mention supply issues. Throw in a new ticket system and you could see this coming a mile away.

I'd just start preparing for long lines, few concessions, and limited supplies for a while.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm

FMFP_PHOTO wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:22 pm
A link to the very good, the good and the unfortunate (ugly) about the game of football:

Cheers, Felix

Oh my god, that looked painful...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm

CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

I don’t like that chant, period. So Little Brotherish. Just beat their butts on the field and act like you’re the better program. Saying it during Cat-Griz is understandable and funny, but not when the Bobcats are playing another team.
Last edited by PapaG on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:44 pm

coochorama42 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 pm
This.

I understand 100% how this happens in the first game of the season, but if you expect things to get better going forward, I think you're going to be disappointed. Some of the best aspects of gameday happen the hour before kickoff, in my humble opinion.

For instance, it was interesting to watch the positional warmups under Vigan. It appeared as if he had players lined up in roughly their order on the depth chart. I think that this is a nice way to set the tone for the importance of these drills when you see the #1s and #2s taking them seriously. Also, it was obvious from the first throw in warmups that McKay throws a really nice ball. There was a little snap to his throws that I haven't seen here in a long time. I was also impressed by how many repetitions they had just of the center snapping the ball to the QB.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm blown away by the level of detail Vigan brings to this program. I've had season tickets here for all but five years (I lived elsewhere) since 1990 and had season tickets in Missoula for about the four years before that. I've never seen a team - home or away - have a more detail-oriented warmup than what I saw on Saturday. It just felt...different.
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am

They are having the same conversation on egriz this morning. Frankly, I think this is just par for the course these days. No different than any bar, restaurant or store you walk into. They are all packed, and they are all short staffed. Not to mention supply issues. Throw in a new ticket system and you could see this coming a mile away.

I'd just start preparing for long lines, few concessions, and limited supplies for a while.
Interesting observations. The change from Choate to Vigen is a big difference in coaching players, but perhaps it’s exactly what MSU needed? Liked what Choate did in Bozeman, too, to turn around a program that had become stale under Ash.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:01 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm
CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

I don’t like that chant, period. So Little Brotherish. Just beat their butts on the field and act like you’re the better program. Saying it during Cat-Griz is understandable and funny, but not when the Bobcats are playing another team.
I disagree. I was at the Wyoming game at a tailgate with some Bobcats. Every time other Cats would walk by, the ESGGCG chant would come out. It was so confusing to the Wyoming fans, it seemed to somewhat dismantle them. I saw the same thing at a home game a couple years ago where you could visibly see the opposing team looking around during an ESGGCG chant totally confused. It's a great Jedi mind trick for opposing teams. And it's fun. ESGGCG!!!

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:42 pm

FMFP_PHOTO wrote:

Cheers, Felix
Thanks, I think. OUCH! :shock:

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:47 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm
CodyCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcatozzy wrote:

I don't agree with quite a few of your posts, but I agree with this one. A lot of us Bobcat fans might have some nostalgia for this chant since it's been around as long as we can remember, but I don't think it projects a good image of the University to others. Especially when we're playing someone other than the grizzlies. It's easy to see how some accuse us of only caring about beating the grizzlies when we're playing a game in early September against the Drake Bulldogs and break into a chant about the grizzlies.

But in the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems in the world. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. This comes up every year at least once and obviously I'm in the minority among frequent posters.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:46 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm
FMFP_PHOTO wrote:

Cheers, Felix

Oh my god, that looked painful...
Yes, that was just nasty...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:38 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm
The Good:
First home game in over 600 days and a W.
Ty Okada, Daniel Hardy, Matthew McKay, Lance Mc, Willie P
The Defense

The Bad:
I had to listen to the whole game on the radio and I'm not a fan of the "voice of the Bobcats"...frustrating to try and follow his miscues, voice inflections, and cute saying... ( I know, this is a first world problem :) )

The UGLY:

ESPN+ not showing the game. Not sure why my subscription lets me watch SDSU, Liberty, Texas...literally any other game, but NO Bobcat game! ??? Wasn't on the list of options, and worked fine when I wanted to watch any other game, but zero BSC games showed up on my options. UGLY! #-o
I watched the entire game on ESPN+... :?

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:38 pm

I hate getting to my seat late, so I went in a little over an hour early. No waiting in line. The fella did have a little trouble scanning my ticket on my phone, but moved out of the sun, and was successful. We have had a designated parking spot for years, but do not this year. I still am a little confused whether our current priority parking for the white lot means that we can park, anywhere within #15 on the campus parking map, except those spots which are marked with #’s. While trying to park, I did not see anything designated as the white parking lot. At least two others that I spoke with were confused as well. I guess I can certainly make a call, but thanks for any information that anyone has.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:38 pm
I hate getting to my seat late, so I went in a little over an hour early. No waiting in line. The fella did have a little trouble scanning my ticket on my phone, but moved out of the sun, and was successful. We have had a designated parking spot for years, but do not this year. I still am a little confused whether our current priority parking for the white lot means that we can park, anywhere within #15 on the campus parking map, except those spots which are marked with #’s. While trying to park, I did not see anything designated as the white parking lot. At least two others that I spoke with were confused as well. I guess I can certainly make a call, but thanks for any information that anyone has.
Anywhere other than the numbered spots is fine in the Bobcat lot closest to Kagy

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Yeah, I think they renamed all the parking lots on campus after animals a while back but forgot to make the change on the game day parking passes or didn’t make any color designated parking signs for the games.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
White lot is between the field house and Kagy….enter off 11th. Is that what you were asking? The area closest to Kagy in that lot usually has a few tailgate spots and RV spots……but other than that you can usually get a good spot fairly close to stadium. And even sit on a chair in the lot and have a beverage in some spots!

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:21 am

“ White lot is between the field house and Kagy….enter off 11th. Is that what you were asking? The area closest to Kagy in that lot usually has a few tailgate spots and RV spots”

The lot right off Kagy is the Roayl(blue) lot. Those spots are $200 a spot for the six games.

The white lot is also shown in the map:
https://msubobcats.com/sports/2021/8/17 ... g-map.aspx

Hope this helps.