The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - Drake

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:38 pm

With MSU being so strong AG/Rodeo school, I would think they could get some Rodeo Alumni to ride in on rare occasions that the active members can't. Help keep the tradition alive!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:17 am
The Good. There’s been a lot of talk about the importance of depth in the various position groups. If Tucker Rovig is not the best QB2 in the league, then who is? He came in, never dropped a snap, never had a procedure penalty. His good ball handling set up a nice run, he missed a route over the middle (no replay, don’t know what happened), and then dropped a dime to Cam Gardner for a touchdown. Good job, Tucker. Not too often a new quarterback merges into the game that smoothly.

Bad. Having to wait a week for another game.

The Ugly. Only having an 11-game regular season.
Yes, agree 100%. This is what I was saying when Tucker ended up at QB2 or even QB2 in Fall camp depending on who you talked to. This kid took the Cats to the semis, #4 team in the country a couple years ago (and I don't want to hear about how he was just average and the rest of the talent on the team got us there). And he's done nothing but improve his game since then. Huge props to this kid for continuing to work his ass off. He makes us a better team.
Last edited by catatac on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:21 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:14 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:51 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:18 am
The really good.

Is there a reason we don't do this at every home game? It is bar none the best run out. I love it.
Sometimes the Rodeo Team is traveling or has an event and they are not available. My understanding is that whenever they are in Bozeman they are glad to do it and football is glad to have them.
Its just scheduling
....My enjoyment is worth more than the Rodeo team "traveling" to some sort of horse dance events. Can't they fix their schedule? Ridiculous.
Could have Ty Murray ride out on a charging bull and Jewell (they still live here right?)sing the national anthem when the rodeo team is away.
Edit: nope they're divorced now

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:13 am
CodyCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:07 am
PapaG wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:13 am
bobcatozzy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 pm
I understand the kids being kids and I've sat beside them for 10 years. I was rather embarrassed of them yesterday. The things they were saying made a sailor blush yes I was in the Navy. Besides the things they were saying throwing the shirts on the field, water bottles, and the chant F Joe Biden. Mind you I'm not a big Biden fan. I just don't think politics should be in any sport.
Students are going to be jerks at times. One of my buddies hit Earle Solomonson in the head with a snowball late in the game during yet another embarrassing loss and everyone in the student section laughed about it, which at the time was maybe 200 students.

Looking back it was awful but at the time it seemed appropriate.
Im very tired of the ESG GCG chant from the students when we arent playing the griz.
I'm with you, but it's not just the students. I heard it at Spectators multiple times at around 2 in the afternoon on Saturday. I did think it was funny though when a group of Drake fans led the same chant in there. I'm sure somebody told them they'd buy them a few pitchers to do it. I rolled my eyes when I heard it, but laughed when I looked over and it was all Drake fans doing it.
Ha!! That’s hilarious.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:35 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:38 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Is there a reason we don't do this at every home game? It is bar none the best run out. I love it.
Sometimes the Rodeo Team is traveling or has an event and they are not available. My understanding is that whenever they are in Bozeman they are glad to do it and football is glad to have them.
Its just scheduling
....My enjoyment is worth more than the Rodeo team "traveling" to some sort of horse dance events. Can't they fix their schedule? Ridiculous.
Could have Ty Murray ride out on a charging bull and Jewell (they still live here right?)sing the national anthem when the rodeo team is away.
Ty Murray has never lived in Montana with or without Jewell

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:32 pm

kcatz wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:35 pm
Dmsubrew wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Its just scheduling
Hmmm looks as if you are correct. But....you could imagine if they did

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:32 pm
kcatz wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:35 pm
Dmsubrew wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

Its just scheduling
Hmmm looks as if you are correct. But....you could imagine if they did

I want what he’s having.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:19 pm

Let's have Timberlake and Biel ride out in an Aston Martin. That would be something that is within the realm of possibilities.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm

lutecat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:19 pm
Let's have Timberlake and Biel ride out in an Aston Martin. That would be something that is within the realm of possibilities.
Unless the YC crowd start making big donations to MSU, I'd rather they stay in Big Sky.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:14 am

I don't know if its already been covered in this thread or some other thread but where were the TE's against Drake? They played an integral role against Wyoming but didn't catch a ball against Drake. Anybody know why?

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:14 am
I don't know if its already been covered in this thread or some other thread but where were the TE's against Drake? They played an integral role against Wyoming but didn't catch a ball against Drake. Anybody know why?
Housewright takes what they give us based on scheme and not position. I suspect Drake adjusted after watching the Wyoming film, but then McKay had other options available.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am

84CatGrad wrote:
I think as much as anything they weren't open as McKay was going through his progressions on plays where a TE was the #1 receiver. Snell and Fitzgerald were targeted. I hope we see increased use and success of TEs this week.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am
84CatGrad wrote:
I think as much as anything they weren't open as McKay was going through his progressions on plays where a TE was the #1 receiver. Snell and Fitzgerald were targeted. I hope we see increased use and success of TEs this week.
I also think there were a couple times a TE was open and McKay missed the read.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:16 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

It’s a good one, but being in attendance and seeing Ralphie running out in Boulder in 2002 when both Colorado and Kansas State were good and ended up being a great game was a unique game day experience and the best I’ve seen.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:55 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
Do you know that the primary was on those plays? Not criticizing, just pointing out it’s hard for us fans to know that he missed a read without knowing the play design.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:15 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:16 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
The really good.

It’s a good one, but being in attendance and seeing Ralphie running out in Boulder in 2002 when both Colorado and Kansas State were good and ended up being a great game was a unique game day experience and the best I’ve seen.
Ralphie and the Sooner Schooner are great run-outs. Virginia Tech's is awesome. The pageantry of college football is just the best thing we have going in sports, at least in this country. MSU's is great because it reflects so much of this university and state's history and heritage. Libby High School still does the run-out where people in the community rev up chainsaws in a line and that's pretty fun to watch because it matters to that town and that part of the state. IMO those are the best, where they have some meaning. I've said MSU's is the best in college football, but I'm biased. There are some other great ones.

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/15 ... entrances/

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:16 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:55 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
Do you know that the primary was on those plays? Not criticizing, just pointing out it’s hard for us fans to know that he missed a read without knowing the play design.
Without saying too much about what I heard at the Quarterback Club meeting, I can't say they were primary but I can say Vigen said he missed them.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:55 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:16 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
Without saying too much about what I heard at the Quarterback Club meeting, I can't say they were primary but I can say Vigen said he missed them.
Well he would know haha!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:17 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
To me it looks like McKay is giving one read and not getting to the second or third progressions.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:17 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
84CatGrad wrote:
To me it looks like McKay is giving one read and not getting to the second or third progressions.
Hasn't needed to most of the time so far.