Injuries

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Injuries

Post by Counter Assault » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:57 am

I believe I saw Troy on both sides of the punt special teams in H2.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm

According to Coach Banks they took Troy out because they were up big and wanted to get Danny U some more reps.

So, it looked exactly like what it really was. Shocker.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:29 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm
According to Coach Banks they took Troy out because they were up big and wanted to get Danny U some more reps.

Thank you belligerent! But now you ended all that speculation that TA was either hurt or being saved for the offense???!!!! Geezus people!!! Get ahold of yourselves!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:32 pm

good news!

I don't think you can blame people for being nervous about Troy though, when it comes to injuries. He has battled them from day 1 of his career.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:29 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Thank you belligerent! But now you ended all that speculation that TA was either hurt or being saved for the offense???!!!! Geezus people!!! Get ahold of yourselves!
And it was 20-0 on the first drive he was out, UNCU scored, he played a couple snaps, we punt, they are driving. I wouldn't consider it a blowout at that point. Zambrano had a nice pick but if the QB put air under that throw, it was a TD for UNCU and then getting the ball first for second half.

Sports is not bigger than life

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

Ya, what he said. I don't know if Tom has any inside info that would prompt him to start a rumor that coaches are working on a plan to start getting him worked back into the offense.... but whatever. IMO - I would absolutely love to see him line up in the backfield (for the first time all season) for the opening series against the Griz. God that would be funny. From the sounds of how bad the Griz are getting decimated by injuries, we might not need much of a defense to beat them. :shock:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:43 pm

WTH is up with Tyrel Thomas? Maybe his recovery is taking longer than anticipated. Pretty damn good that our defense is as good as it is and our best corner hasn't seen the field yet.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:48 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:43 pm
WTH is up with Tyrel Thomas? Maybe his recovery is taking longer than anticipated. Pretty damn good that our defense is as good as it is and our best corner hasn't seen the field yet.
I think he had surgery in August and they are bringing him back carefully. He was suited up this weekend and was available as an emergency option. I'd imagine we see him a bit this weekend.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:48 pm
catatac wrote:
I think he had surgery in August and they are bringing him back carefully. He was suited up this weekend and was available as an emergency option. I'd imagine we see him a bit this weekend.
Vigen said he'd play some the last 2 weekends. He's never gonna get on the field if that keeps being the mantra for him every week. We are going to need him against Eastern. Better get him some playing time now.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:13 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Vigen said he'd play some the last 2 weekends. He's never gonna get on the field if that keeps being the mantra for him every week. We are going to need him against Eastern. Better get him some playing time now.
Yeah…I think everyone is hoping to see him out there (Vigen included). I also, know it’s important to listen to doctors, trainers, and the player himself we don’t rush him back too quickly. Hopefully he’s able to go this weekend.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:13 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Yeah…I think everyone is hoping to see him out there (Vigen included). I also, know it’s important to listen to doctors, trainers, and the player himself we don’t rush him back too quickly. Hopefully he’s able to go this weekend.
I agree, I just don't understand why you suit him up if he isn't going to play. He was on the sideline suited up all day Saturday and nada.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:34 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:20 pm
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
I agree, I just don't understand why you suit him up if he isn't going to play. He was on the sideline suited up all day Saturday and nada.
I thought I heard he was available in an emergency situation only. Which tells me his body isn't quite ready yet. I assume that means, if this game was on the road, he wouldn't have made the trip.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

:lol: :lol: No one in the discussion didn't have ahold of themselves. I didn't sense any panic amongst the few people posting in this thread. Just some understandable questions. MSU didn't have the game wrapped up midway through the second quarter and the offense was sputtering. Vigen even said that it was a key part of the game in the press conference video.

Just about everyone, that you're calling out for needing to get ahold of themselves, has pointed out they didn't think Troy was injured very badly if at all. Just curious as to why he was out at all. We definitely need a backup for Troy, because he seems to get hurt a lot. He may not have been seriously injured vs UNC, but enough people have said they saw him working his shoulder and hand that it's hard to say that they were just imagining things.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:34 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
I thought I heard he was available in an emergency situation only. Which tells me his body isn't quite ready yet. I assume that means, if this game was on the road, he wouldn't have made the trip.
That's correct. He was available in case of emergency. It's also good to suit and go through all the pre-game and game stuff as it helps his prep for when he does get back on the field.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:03 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
That's correct. He was available in case of emergency. It's also good to suit and go through all the pre-game and game stuff as it helps his prep for when he does get back on the field.
Why take him to PSU though? Then have him only available in case of emergency at a home game? I'd guess his recovery hasn't gone as well as Vigen has said.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:03 pm
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
Why take him to PSU though? Then have him only available in case of emergency at a home game? I'd guess his recovery hasn't gone as well as Vigen has said.
Nobody got hurt in the secondary = no emergency.
The only other potential emergency is that the opposing team was playing well enough that we needed our CB1 out there. That obviously didn't happen either week. His recovery is probably fine, there's just no reason to play him when we can give our younger guys more reps against inferior competition.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:17 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:14 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
The only other potential emergency is that the opposing team was playing well enough that we needed our CB1 out there. That obviously didn't happen either week. His recovery is probably fine, there's just no reason to play him when we can give our younger guys more reps against inferior competition.
Do we really want him knocking the rust off vs. Weber or EWU though?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:02 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:17 pm
coloradocat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
catatac wrote:
I'd say it's better than re-injuring in 40-7 route. I trust the coaches, doctors, trainers all have more information than we do, and have a strong plan to do what's best for the player and the team moving forward.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:02 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

I'd say it's better than re-injuring in 40-7 route. I trust the coaches, doctors, trainers all have more information than we do, and have a strong plan to do what's best for the player and the team moving forward.
I agree. I think if we know anything about Vigen, he seems to be very calculated. I get the sense he's thought through every scenario, even more than any of us, and he has access to more information than us too. If the Bobcats lose or something goes wrong, I don't think it's going to be because he didn't think something through.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:46 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:02 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
iaafan wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

I agree. I think if we know anything about Vigen, he seems to be very calculated. I get the sense he's thought through every scenario, even more than any of us, and he has access to more information than us too. If the Bobcats lose or something goes wrong, I don't think it's going to be because he didn't think something through.
Ain't that the truth. You can see the wheels and cogs churning whenever he's being interviewed. He's like the Siri of football coaches. His answers always make complete sense. Either that or I'm easily manipulated. :?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber