Stadium Music

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Stadium Music

Post by wbtfg » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Helenabobcat wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:47 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:41 pm
Helenabobcat wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:16 pm
I heard Circle of Life, Lion King
That bit has run out it’s life…. Time for a change.
Agreed
My 9 year old hates it when I still grab him and lift him up for Simba cam. Haha.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:24 am

Even the Ryder Cup is getting into Sweet Caroline!

https://apple.news/AJvEKI3OxSPKyxs3WCKNfOA

Bethany if you are reading this ….atta girl!! Setting trends across the sporting world!! Love it!!

Bozeman42
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bozeman42 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:37 pm

A pre game video like this could be really cool… the music pushing bobcat game day atmosphere.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Love Proud of this House we have built. But at kickoff there is nothing that can match Joker and the Thief

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:52 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Love Proud of this House we have built. But at kickoff there is nothing that can match Joker and the Thief
Agree with both those!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am

The stadium needs a sound upgrade! This year especially it seeks like the sound comes and goes. Seems very inconsistent. Maybe a new sound system is tied to a new scoreboard but if not that would seem like a more affordable improvement that could be made.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:03 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am
The stadium needs a sound upgrade! This year especially it seeks like the sound comes and goes. Seems very inconsistent. Maybe a new sound system is tied to a new scoreboard but if not that would seem like a more affordable improvement that could be made.
Agreed. Not sure what happened, but it seems they didn't get the system put back together correctly from the construction teardown. I'm pretty sure it was much, much better in 2019. Sound is awful.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:28 am

Complaints about sound and video systems, which are valid, are good problems compared to what is happening at that small college west of the divide.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:47 am

CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:03 am
gtapp wrote:
Agreed. Not sure what happened, but it seems they didn't get the system put back together correctly from the construction teardown. I'm pretty sure it was much, much better in 2019. Sound is awful.
It’s been like this for a few years. I’ve been commenting on it for 3-4 years. I think if there’s any bit of breeze, it really affects the sounds. Volume needs to be turned UP to 11.

Also some of the music timing has been disjointed. I assume they have a new person overseeing since Bethany moved on to bigger and better.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:47 am
CatBot wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:03 am
gtapp wrote:
It’s been like this for a few years. I’ve been commenting on it for 3-4 years. I think if there’s any bit of breeze, it really affects the sounds. Volume needs to be turned UP to 11.

Also some of the music timing has been disjointed. I assume they have a new person overseeing since Bethany moved on to bigger and better.
I think volume 11 makes it much worse with the clipping.

I thought I read there was a new scoreboard, and presumably new sound, included in the BAC. Not sure if any insiders know what to expect. Weber's system was incredible. When the ball was on the other side if the field, you could watch the screen and still feel close to the action. We need something new pretty bad.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:07 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:52 pm
aucat wrote:
Agree with both those!
I may have missed it but did they discontinue Tremor (3 2 1 GO!)? That's a shame if so - that really got the crowd electrified and jumping... mainly younger crowd.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:53 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:07 pm
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:
Agree with both those!
I may have missed it but did they discontinue Tremor (3 2 1 GO!)? That's a shame if so - that really got the crowd electrified and jumping... mainly younger crowd.
Yeah I've been trying to figure out a way to get some actual movement on music selection. It's more of a timing thing with a lot of the songs. A couple things that stick out

1. We need to play some big time pump up stuff between the 3rd and 4th quarter. Tremors following rock this house was killer to get the crowd and team pumped heading into the 4th.

2. After big time plays. They also need to be playing pump up hits, like "freaks" by Timmy trumpet etc

3. Enter sandman by Metallica is one of my favorites, but us NOT working for the run out. I've had an idea of playing the intro of "loyal" by Odessa, featuring our drumline, and then transitioning into a crowd rocker before run out. Actually ran this one by crusado.

Unfortunately whoever is managing now. Seems to just go down the list of songs. Last game we got sweet Caroline at the quarter break and following one of the interceptions Miley Cyrus. Being clear, there is a place for these, just not in those moments.

Solution - you would think they could find a student to volunteer and essentially DJ ala the new sofi stadium in LA.

I realize so many say this is a simple thing. And we should he happy to he complaining about this. But DJing, knowing the timing and moments can drive and reinforce feelings. It's something that should be emphasized and bit more. And relatively easy to remedy

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 am

I noticed at the last couple games that when they play Sweet Caroline during the break between the 3rd and 4th quarter the announcer talks over the song a lot. This is a definite improvement over letting the song run and pick up steam from the crowd. :)

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:22 am

sdsyvie wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:53 pm
catatac wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:07 pm
91catAlum wrote:
aucat wrote:
Agree with both those!
Yeah I've been trying to figure out a way to get some actual movement on music selection. It's more of a timing thing with a lot of the songs. A couple things that stick out

1. We need to play some big time pump up stuff between the 3rd and 4th quarter. Tremors following rock this house was killer to get the crowd and team pumped heading into the 4th.

2. After big time plays. They also need to be playing pump up hits, like "freaks" by Timmy trumpet etc

3. Enter sandman by Metallica is one of my favorites, but us NOT working for the run out. I've had an idea of playing the intro of "loyal" by Odessa, featuring our drumline, and then transitioning into a crowd rocker before run out. Actually ran this one by crusado.

Unfortunately whoever is managing now. Seems to just go down the list of songs. Last game we got sweet Caroline at the quarter break and following one of the interceptions Miley Cyrus. Being clear, there is a place for these, just not in those moments.

Solution - you would think they could find a student to volunteer and essentially DJ ala the new sofi stadium in LA.

I realize so many say this is a simple thing. And we should he happy to he complaining about this. But DJing, knowing the timing and moments can drive and reinforce feelings. It's something that should be emphasized and bit more. And relatively easy to remedy
Ya! I really like your idea of a student in the music department to DJ... Pretty sure there are some good ones and would love to do it free of charge. Bethany, if you're listening... we better hear TREMOR on Saturday if you have any power at all :lol: :wink:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm

sdsyvie wrote:

I haven't decided yet but the mere mention of this now that it has finally been eradicated from gameday, let alone in anyway insinuating it should still happen, could be a bannable offense.

#onlykidding #maybe

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:20 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm
sdsyvie wrote:

I haven't decided yet but the mere mention of this now that it has finally been eradicated from gameday, let alone in anyway insinuating it should still happen, could be a bannable offense.

#onlykidding #maybe
:lol:

Bozeman42
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bozeman42 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Obviously wins over music… but gameday fan experience matters. Recruitment. Boosters. Seasons tickets, etc. this year seems to be a bit subpar.

2019 we had it down pretty good. 3rd down music got the crowd going. This year seems both song choice and volume are lacking.

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:22 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:09 pm
sdsyvie wrote:

#onlykidding #maybe
Hah let's be clear, the important piece of this post was playing tremors for the final 1 minute of the break to get people fired up. That being said, as awkward as rock this house felt at times, it got the crowd into the game and being loud, sing a long songs do not

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:43 am

Rock this house? No. Not ever. Never again.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:43 am
Rock this house? No. Not ever. Never again.
Don't you mean...

Rock

This

House

Who doesn't get charged up with those giant pauses between words?! Feel the energy!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!