The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Drake gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-Drake gameday thread

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:48 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Okada: One comment, two questions.

1) He is ripped!!

1) Will they actually move Thomas back to nickel?
2) How can you pull Okada as starter when he has been a phenom at the position?

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:51 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:48 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Okada: One comment, two questions.

1) He is ripped!!

1) Will they actually move Thomas back to nickel?
2) How can you pull Okada as starter when he has been a phenom at the position?
I was wondering the same thing.... at this point you absolutely need Okada on the field at that position, he has been dominating!

I'm guessing that Thomas will replace one of the CB's as a starter...? just a guess? The current starters have been playing pretty well also though.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 am

Ryan and I were talking about that last night, and I think I agree with mslacat fan that if Thomas is back you almost have to put him in at CB, because Okada is killing it at Nickel and Manning and Webb are doing more than fine at S so there is no need to move Okada back there because then either Manning or Webb have to come off.

Good problem to have overall. Maybe there are running packages where Okada is on the field at Nickel, but on an obvious passing down Okada slides back to S, Thomas comes in at Nickel and maybe Webb comes out? I think Manning is a bit better in pass coverage than Webb but I could be wrong on that.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 am
Ryan and I were talking about that last night, and I think I agree with mslacat fan that if Thomas is back you almost have to put him in at CB, because Okada is killing it at Nickel and Manning and Webb are doing more than fine at S so there is no need to move Okada back there because then either Manning or Webb have to come off.

Good problem to have overall. Maybe there are running packages where Okada is on the field at Nickel, but on an obvious passing down Okada slides back to S, Thomas comes in at Nickel and maybe Webb comes out? I think Manning is a bit better in pass coverage than Webb but I could be wrong on that.
Tre Webb changed all the previous plans guys. When Tyrel comes back, James Campbell will likely be bumped back to the #2 at that spot. Ty is the nickel (he's basically the starting Sam if this was a Ioane/Gregorak defense) until further notice.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:

Tre Webb changed all the previous plans guys. When Tyrel comes back, James Campbell will likely be bumped back to the #2 at that spot. Ty is the nickel (he's basically the starting Sam if this was a Ioane/Gregorak defense) until further notice.
Good news!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:43 am
CelticCat wrote:

Good news!
I think they like Zambrano's ability to matchup against a bigger WR so I just don't see him getting bounced once Tyrel comes back.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Man if that's true you have to feel bad for Campbell, he's done nothing but put his heart and soul into the program and might lose his spot after just 2 starts in which he performed very well for his first 2 games at the position ever IMO.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:18 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm
Man if that's true you have to feel bad for Campbell, he's done nothing but put his heart and soul into the program and might lose his spot after just 2 starts in which he performed very well for his first 2 games at the position ever IMO.
Whether it's Zambrano or Campbell, they both are going to play a lot even if they are #2 on a depth chart. Defense has no problem rotating in from what I've seen.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm
He’d still get plenty of playing time.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:37 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:51 am
A big Person was in the house on Saturday.

=D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Pecos24 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:13 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hey! They must have mics for the press in the new building. It was so nice to actually be able to hear the questions.
We got ourselves a mic for our video camera so this is all on Brooks!

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:20 pm
Pecos24 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Hey! They must have mics for the press in the new building. It was so nice to actually be able to hear the questions.
Sweet! Thanks!

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:32 pm

WATCH: Montana State football: Brent Vigen addresses San Diego

https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... san-diego/

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Pecos24 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
=D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Pecos24 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
And that video camera is HD. I had gotten so I was skipping a lot of the pressers. But your coverage is a new day! You guys rock! Truly.

p.s. Have you ever considered opening a sports television production division of Skyline? I know a really great school with a really nice football team that should be interested. :lol: