A *good* QB problem

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

KnowledgeCat
New Recruit

Re: A *good* QB problem

Post by KnowledgeCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:09 pm

Nothing confusing about it. Pretty straightforward.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:58 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:41 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:53 pm
rivercat wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:26 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:26 pm
I think Mellott has a chance to be a starter down the road at QB, but he may be hard to keep off the field this year in other capacities. Or maybe... (wildcat)
I agree. Mellott is a great athlete that is too good to stay on the sidelines waiting for his turn at qb. The coaches will find a way to get him on the field.
Yup, that's what I'm thinking. I think Vigen said he is one of three true Freshmen that will see the field this year, assume that means more than four games and no redshirt. Can't wait to see him in action.
I’m sure they have a plan and it goes without saying they know far more than me. But if Mellott really has the potential to be the guy in a few years at qb, I’d hate to see a year of eligibility used as strictly a gadget player.
By all means, get the 4 games in, but how great would it be if he still has 4 after this year?

McKay is back next year and then who knows, Mellott could be the guy for the next 3 after that.
Mellot is an extremely smart kid. 4.0 GPA and scored a 34 (out of 36) on the ACT. He might graduate before his playing eligibility is done, especially with the covid year. If he was to redshirt this year, he could potentially graduate at the end of his Redshirt sophomore season. Use him in whatever capacity if he is ready to contribute. He is a solid runner and a good passing threat. I expect he will be QB 1 eventually, but unrealistic to think so in his “true” freshman year.
This scenario reminds me of Mark Desin and his career.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:19 pm

KnowledgeCat wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:09 pm
Nothing confusing about it. Pretty straightforward.
So telling us he's a great human was purposely placed at the end to soften the harsh dick move of callings him "soft"? Gotcha. :roll:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

KnowledgeCat
New Recruit

Post by KnowledgeCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:25 pm

Just be patient and save your yelling.

rollo_tumasi
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by rollo_tumasi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:05 pm

This is another thread that just went stupid...

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.'

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Denigrating a player who has yet to play a single game is weak.

Here’s to McKay kicking some ass this year.

-Elias P. Harmon-

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:49 pm

KnowledgeCat wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:25 pm
Just be patient and save your yelling.
:lol: Well I definitely agree with you on one thing - everyone needs to be patient and see what happens. The best part about all of this, the QB situation heading into the season is that we KNOW we have proven winner on the roster, that took the Cats to the #4 team in the country in 2019, he hasn't regressed, and from what everyone is saying he's #3 or possibly even #4 on the depth chart. That's a very good position to be in.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:08 pm

profisme wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Don’t fret. “KnowledgibleCat” and “BellegerentCat” are just the same douche. I’d make fun but I think back to my initial time on these boards and I have the same moronic mentality. Probably knocked back a few white claws, ZERO chance of the lady kind this evening, so next best thing.

Be patient with the kid.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:27 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 pm
KnowledgeCat wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 pm
McKay is soft. Watch. There’s a reason he’s no longer at NC St. Great great human.
Wow, this is a confusing post... Care to elaborate?
:shock: :-#
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:09 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:22 pm
rivercat wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:41 pm
So this year, we will have "redshirt Covid freshman" that are juniors in school, "Covid freshman" that are sophomores, and true freshman. Wow, glad I don't have to manage that.
Yep, agree. I also think it's funny looking at other college football boards and seeing how many teams are talking about how good they're going to be and how stacked they are at most positions. Ya... cause we all have 150 players on the roster... join the club! :lol:
Does anybody know if FCS teams get a boost in scholarships until the Covid year players are all out of eligibility? 12 more to distribute amongst the large rosters seems reasonable for programs that can afford it.
The only year of relief is this year. By next year you have to be back at normal scholarship levels based on current rules…. Who knows if they will change again but that’s how it stands now.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am

KnowledgeCat wrote:
McKay is soft. Watch. There’s a reason he’s no longer at NC St. Great great human.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say there is a reason every FBS transfer we’ve ever had isn’t at their FBS program anymore.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:36 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am
KnowledgeCat wrote:
I’m going to go out on a limb and say there is a reason every FBS transfer we’ve ever had isn’t at their FBS program anymore.
Isn't that true for every transfer? I mean we lost a great qb a few years ago and lost a great oline this year. They had their reasons. We also picked up some greats.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:08 pm
profisme wrote:

Don’t fret. “KnowledgibleCat” and “BellegerentCat” are just the same douche. I’d make fun but I think back to my initial time on these boards and I have the same moronic mentality. Probably knocked back a few white claws, ZERO chance of the lady kind this evening, so next best thing.

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

First off, learn how to spell. Second, I only got one name. Why the hell would I want two? Third, I would never comment about a player being soft. I might say they aren’t as talented as others, but I would never go personal like that. That just isn’t right. Fourth, if you don’t like the content of my posts, you are more than welcome to challenge me on that rather than taking pot shots from the sideline. I’m capable of admitting I’m wrong (sometimes).

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:48 am
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

First off, learn how to spell. Second, I only got one name. Why the hell would I want two? Third, I would never comment about a player being soft. I might say they aren’t as talented as others, but I would never go personal like that. That just isn’t right. Fourth, if you don’t like the content of my posts, you are more than welcome to challenge me on that rather than taking pot shots from the sideline. I’m capable of admitting I’m wrong (sometimes).
I think BelligerentBobcat has been a great addition to the board. Do I agree with everything the poster posts? Nope. But overall, the posters insights have been welcomed.

Hating the griz since 02.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 am

I always think of this when I see people ripping on these kids. Would love to see you make your comments if front of a fired up Gundy! :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 am

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

I think BelligerentBobcat has been a great addition to the board. Do I agree with everything the poster posts? Nope. But overall, the posters insights have been welcomed.
BelligerentBobcat sparks conversation in a way that the average kool-aid drinking fan doesn't.

KnowledgeCat is just a troll and should be ignored.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:53 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

Fair enough. I mistakenly confused the two of your posts.

Can't believe you made fun of my spelling though..... :cry:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:53 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

Belligerent does remind me of Bobcat99.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 am

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 am
ilovethecats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

](*,) [-X You and B99 don't get along, why rehash it man????

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:41 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 am
Cataholic wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 am
ilovethecats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
profisme wrote:

Be patient with the kid.
Huh?

](*,) [-X You and B99 don't get along, why rehash it man????
Well, after looking over the posts and realizing my mistake, saying B99 is like Belligerent is actually a compliment. Now if he was comparing him to the knowledge guy those would be fighting words. :wink: