Skyline Sports Fall Camp 2021 coverage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Skyline Sports Fall Camp 2021 coverage

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:24 pm

We will have a variety of stories coming out in the next weeks and months so be sure to subscribe to Skyline Sports!

Here's a fun story and an All-American list to start. Three features about the Bobcats coming a little later tonight as well.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: Skyline Sports Fall Camp 2021 coverage

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:28 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:28 pm
There certainly are a lot of question marks and I think one of the things the team has to overcome is not letting that be a big psychological factor. There's plenty of talent everywhere and some of these areas are going to prove to be better than what we last saw.

#1 - replacing Brott and Wood on the OL. Losing Logan Jones is big, but I think the run game (assuming Brott/Wood replacements aren't disasters) will be much more dynamic this season. The young guys look incredible and throwing Martin in there will be something to see.

#2 - losing Konkol, Allenye, Washington, Filer III, and Henderson is huge. It's certainly a question mark right now, but there's no lack of talent. Miles Jackson is a stud. Thomas is a proven commodity. Okada is going to burst onto the scene. Price, Manning and several other solid players are out there and I think the competition will bear some fruit.

#3 - replacing Sterk, Marks on DL. Pretty solid all the way across, but not know for sure who the other DT is big.

#4 - replacing Jonsen, Kassis at WR. I just have a hard time thinking that MSU won't be better in the passing game despite losing two really good WRs.

#5 - adjusting to the new coaching staff. I'm a little concerned with the coaching change, however, I think Vigen has stepped into a good situation and I think he might be the right change of pace at the right time. I like to think that he'll stick to the process of the coaching tree that he comes from Osborne>Bohl>Vigen, which has a proven track record. I think that Choate taught his guys a lot about accountability, so I don't think the fact that things will be different will be negative distraction. So it might be a very good segue.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:27 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 am
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
There certainly are a lot of question marks and I think one of the things the team has to overcome is not letting that be a big psychological factor. There's plenty of talent everywhere and some of these areas are going to prove to be better than what we last saw.

#1 - replacing Brott and Wood on the OL. Losing Logan Jones is big, but I think the run game (assuming Brott/Wood replacements aren't disasters) will be much more dynamic this season. The young guys look incredible and throwing Martin in there will be something to see.

#2 - losing Konkol, Allenye, Washington, Filer III, and Henderson is huge. It's certainly a question mark right now, but there's no lack of talent. Miles Jackson is a stud. Thomas is a proven commodity. Okada is going to burst onto the scene. Price, Manning and several other solid players are out there and I think the competition will bear some fruit.

#3 - replacing Sterk, Marks on DL. Pretty solid all the way across, but not know for sure who the other DT is big.

#4 - replacing Jonsen, Kassis at WR. I just have a hard time thinking that MSU won't be better in the passing game despite losing two really good WRs.

#5 - adjusting to the new coaching staff. I'm a little concerned with the coaching change, however, I think Vigen has stepped into a good situation and I think he might be the right change of pace at the right time. I like to think that he'll stick to the process of the coaching tree that he comes from Osborne>Bohl>Vigen, which has a proven track record. I think that Choate taught his guys a lot about accountability, so I don't think the fact that things will be different will be negative distraction. So it might be a very good segue.
My only real concerns are #3 and #5 and a partial #1. Mitch Brott was a stud not easily replaced. The running back room is chock full of talent. Edit: Kevin Kassis made more amazing catches than anyone I've seen in a long time. He is hard to replace too.
Last edited by AFCAT on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:53 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Worth noting on #2

The new addition of Webb.... I think this guy could be an immediate all conference type player. I’ve read articles that have him as a potential nfl player. Excited to see him play.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:26 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:53 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Worth noting on #2

The new addition of Webb.... I think this guy could be an immediate all conference type player. I’ve read articles that have him as a potential nfl player. Excited to see him play.
Good catch! I spaced Webb out somehow.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Worth noting on #2

Yeah Webb was a huge pick up by the Cats. He will totally help solidify the back end. He started like 30 games in the Mountain West Conference so he has a lot of experience coming in.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:28 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Worth noting on #2

Yeah Webb was a huge pick up by the Cats. He will totally help solidify the back end. He started like 30 games in the Mountain West Conference so he has a lot of experience coming in.
Webb was all conference in the MWC so he better end the season on the FCS All American list with about 10 bobcats.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:04 pm

The 8/2 episode of Nuanez Now was a great overview of the Cats (and griz) as well if anyone wants something to listen to. There is some fun talk about Colter's two favorite Bobcats of all time (Choate and Troy) as well.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:43 am

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:04 pm
The 8/2 episode of Nuanez Now was a great overview of the Cats (and griz) as well if anyone wants something to listen to. There is some fun talk about Colter's two favorite Bobcats of all time (Choate and Troy) as well.
Searched for, but eventually got 404’d.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:54 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:43 am
coloradocat wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:04 pm
Searched for, but eventually got 404’d.
I listened on spotify so if you have an account this link should work.
https://open.spotify.com/show/4wBXFpIW0vjyBPuB2hapgm

Otherwise here's apple.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/n ... 1121407684

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:17 am

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:44 pm

I was at Montana State media day last week. I am working on about 17 stories at once so sorry for the delay in writing, been transcribing the literally dozens of interviews I did! Montana State stories coming tonight, tomorrow and later this week at skylinesportsmt.com.

In the mean time, typing this interview out. Can't tell you how impressed I am with this young man.

Ty Okada:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4QBL6E ... l_branch=1

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:35 pm

Montana State quarterback Matt McKay from media day: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6qjGTK ... l_branch=1

Montana Football Hour with Brooks Nuanez August 2 - https://open.spotify.com/episode/4FkFA7 ... l_branch=1

Montana Football Hour August 9 - https://open.spotify.com/episode/4eIax4 ... l_branch=1

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 am

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 am

Good stuff. I’m curious why there is no mention of Tre Webb?... both in this article in regards to the secondary questions, and just in general... there is hardly any talk about this guy.

On the surface this seems like a MASSIVE addition, someone that could be an immediate all-big sky player (from the minimal research I have done). But there has hardly been any talk about him from any news outlet... am I missing something?

3 year starter at San Jose state... some article I read had him pegged as a potential nfl talent... interest from Notre Dame when he entered the portal..... again, what am I missing here? Do u have any insight on this guy?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:08 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:46 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 am

Good stuff. I’m curious why there is no mention of Tre Webb?... both in this article in regards to the secondary questions, and just in general... there is hardly any talk about this guy.

On the surface this seems like a MASSIVE addition, someone that could be an immediate all-big sky player (from the minimal research I have done). But there has hardly been any talk about him from any news outlet... am I missing something?

3 year starter at San Jose state... some article I read had him pegged as a potential nfl talent... interest from Notre Dame when he entered the portal..... again, what am I missing here? Do u have any insight on this guy?
Colter works on a lot of stories simultaneously, so it could be he had this one all but done and then came back to it and finished it up without re-vamping the section on the secondary. He did mention Webb two days ago, so I know he knows he's here and he knows Webb is a strong player.

toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat