Last Minute Football Tickets?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TacticalSpeed
New Recruit

Last Minute Football Tickets?

Post by TacticalSpeed » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:24 am

Hello Bobcat fans. I'm a Weber State alum who's lived outside Utah for many years now, now living in Illinois. My father and I will be taking a road trip to Washington state this September, so we checked out Big Sky schools along the way to see if any games were happening during our trip.

Lucky for us, the Bobcats are playing San Diego during this time--so we put that game on our want list. However, we also expect to play things by ear so there's no guarantee we'll be in Bozeman on the 18th. Because of this, I'm considering not purchasing tickets ahead of time.

Can you offer the knowledge of your experience? How difficult is it to get tickets during game week? Will we be relegated to the corner of the end zones if we wait too long? Are there any third-party options for tickets that late in the process?

Thanks for any advice you can offer, and best wishes for a successful season!

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Last Minute Football Tickets?

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 pm

My gut feeling is that you should be in pretty good shape for the at game. Second home game of the season, with the previous game being our home opener "Gold Rush" which is always a sellout. Second home game in a row, especially OOC is usually a little lighter attendance. If you wait you will likely end up in one of the corners somewhere but I would expect there to be some tickets available and really there isn't a bad seat in the stadium. There are usually some tickets available second hand, even checking here on this board you can find some. Usually some posted on craigslist and some of the ticket websites I have seen second had sales starting to pop up in recent years.

Now all that said, I have no idea what this year will look like. MSU didn't play the spring season so it will have been over 20 months since Bobcat fans have gotten to cheer on their team in Bobcat stadium. Does that mean every game is a fast sellout? Does covid keep some fans away still and no games are sellouts? Did a season off make fans realize they have other things they would rather do on fall Saturdays? I really don't know the answers to that. I have a hunch that Bobcat football games will be a pretty big event, but I also realize it could easily go entirely the other way. But I would say with a pretty decent confidence you could find some late tix for the San Diego game from somewhere, possibly even others here on this board.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:05 pm

kmax wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Now all that said, I have no idea what this year will look like. MSU didn't play the spring season so it will have been over 20 months since Bobcat fans have gotten to cheer on their team in Bobcat stadium. Does that mean every game is a fast sellout? Does covid keep some fans away still and no games are sellouts? Did a season off make fans realize they have other things they would rather do on fall Saturdays? I really don't know the answers to that. I have a hunch that Bobcat football games will be a pretty big event, but I also realize it could easily go entirely the other way. But I would say with a pretty decent confidence you could find some late tix for the San Diego game from somewhere, possibly even others here on this board.
I’m thinking that the Montana schools will be less-impacted attendance-wise than ours in Oregon along with CA and WA simply because the tickets are more affordable, and also we’re a few weeks away from mask and social distancing restrictions here on the Left Coast that will likely restrict attendance.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:39 pm

A person can usually find good seats on resale tickets sites like seatgeek and stubhub. That's what I do for visiting friends.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm

TacticalSpeed wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:24 am
Hello Bobcat fans. I'm a Weber State alum who's lived outside Utah for many years now, now living in Illinois. My father and I will be taking a road trip to Washington state this September, so we checked out Big Sky schools along the way to see if any games were happening during our trip.

Lucky for us, the Bobcats are playing San Diego during this time--so we put that game on our want list. However, we also expect to play things by ear so there's no guarantee we'll be in Bozeman on the 18th. Because of this, I'm considering not purchasing tickets ahead of time.

Can you offer the knowledge of your experience? How difficult is it to get tickets during game week? Will we be relegated to the corner of the end zones if we wait too long? Are there any third-party options for tickets that late in the process?

Thanks for any advice you can offer, and best wishes for a successful season!
I'd say there is a 99% chance you can find tickets on game day if you just work the tailgate areas.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Until I had season tickets, for OOC games and bad to mediocre conference games, I was almost always able to get 2 seats together in the east grand stands midway up and somewhere between the 10 and 30 ish. And this was week of more often than not.

TacticalSpeed
New Recruit

Post by TacticalSpeed » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks so much for your replies. It sounds like we'll have a good chance of getting in the stadium, and we'll be in good shape even if we end up with corner seats. I'm really looking forward to a full season of football this year, as well as spending some time in Bozeman--which is a terrific city. My dad and I will also be sure to visit The Wax Museum record store, which I was able to discover during a quick visit last summer.

If anyone has any recommendations for restaurants, breweries, or other great spots, please don't hesitate to pass them on.