Big Sky Head Coaches Pick the National Champ

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catgotmytung
BobcatNation Redshirt

Big Sky Head Coaches Pick the National Champ

Post by Catgotmytung » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:05 am

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big Sky Head Coaches Pick the National Champ

Post by Cledus » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am

Catgotmytung wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:05 am
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-big ... pion-bzbz/

They all got it wrong!!!!!!
Who do you think will win the national championship?

If Choate was still here, I'd pick MSU. I just really don't know what to think of Vigen. Having said that, I assume we're still strong up front on both sides of the ball (slight dip on the defensive side). I'd be disappointed with anything less than a quarterfinal appearance this year.

I guess I'd take the lazy picks and go with NDSU or JMU.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am

Catgotmytung wrote:

I love those! You can figure out who a lot of these coaches are based on the comments. For example... I wonder who this one is? Huge eye roll here...

“Probably would have to say Weber since they just won. And they don’t have to play us.”

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am

And just wondering if a couple of the answers were from someone named hauck...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:11 pm

Interesting that MSU and Sac State both got a first place vote in the official Coaches Poll, but nobody mentioned either here. It's not difficult to find Bruce Barnum's answer!

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:10 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am
Catgotmytung wrote:

I love those! You can figure out who a lot of these coaches are based on the comments. For example... I wonder who this one is? Huge eye roll here...

“Probably would have to say Weber since they just won. And they don’t have to play us.”
I mean.... Of course i can't stand the guy, but even if a Bobcat coach talked this way it would irk me. Just without class. I'm embarrassed that he is seen as some sort of representative of Montana.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:10 pm
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

I mean.... Of course i can't stand the guy, but even if a Bobcat coach talked this way it would irk me. Just without class. I'm embarrassed that he is seen as some sort of representative of Montana.
Yep, I also remember him in an interview in the Spring when asked about the so called FCS season and playoffs, how much it meant, etc. He said something like "well how much can it really mean cuz Montana ain't in it." Again, huge eye roll here. I'll tell you what, if the Griz don't win the chipper this year there will be a lot of pissed off Griz fans out there the way Bobby is hyping up his team.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:17 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:28 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

Yep, I also remember him in an interview in the Spring when asked about the so called FCS season and playoffs, how much it meant, etc. He said something like "well how much can it really mean cuz Montana ain't in it." Again, huge eye roll here. I'll tell you what, if the Griz don't win the chipper this year there will be a lot of pissed off Griz fans out there the way Bobby is hyping up his team.
I won’t say you guys are wrong. You’re entitled to your feelings. I think you’re overthinking it a bit. He’s having fun and he’s smart. Gets the rivalry and gets his guys going. Didn’t say anything malicious. I love it because I could see myself saying something similar about the griz if I was in his position at MSU. It’s all fun. Not saving lives, not curing cancer.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:34 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:22 am
And just wondering if a couple of the answers were from someone named hauck...
Hello Bobby. No way this is anyone but him. How is Missoula School of Dance and Gender Studies set up to win a title next year? MacKay is a huge upgrade over Rovig for the Bobcats and the running game isn’t going to take a step back even with Wood leaving for the SEC.
“What’s funny is, Montana is actually best built to win it out of our conference, even though I picked Eastern to win our conference title. But I thought South Dakota State looked really good, so I’ll say South Dakota State.”

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:56 am

catatac wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, I am 100% fine with all that and they way he acts towards the rivalry... it's what makes it so much fun when we pound them into the dirt! :) His comments don't piss me off, or get under my skin - but that doesn't mean I can't point them out and laugh and roll my eyes when he says them. Here's another one from last year's press conference after the beatdown. Said something like, "those guys only care about one game over there, we care about championships... shoot, maybe I just just start focusing on that one game..." LOL :lol:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:56 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:56 am
catatac wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong, I am 100% fine with all that and they way he acts towards the rivalry... it's what makes it so much fun when we pound them into the dirt! :) His comments don't piss me off, or get under my skin - but that doesn't mean I can't point them out and laugh and roll my eyes when he says them. Here's another one from last year's press conference after the beatdown. Said something like, "those guys only care about one game over there, we care about championships... shoot, maybe I just just start focusing on that one game..." LOL :lol:
Video starts right at that spot.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:08 pm

Bobby sings Johnny

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm

catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

I learned a long time ago how it works:

When the griz were beating our ass year after year, it was because they were so good, and even when they beat very bad Cat teams it was still worthy of chest pounding. When the Cats beat the griz it's either because it's "the worst Griz team they've had in decades"; or because the Cats just care about one game.

When the Cats hung their hat on our '84 championship in the 90's and 2000's, we were all living in the past. But when it's the griz, 20 years removed from their last title, somehow they only care about championships.

It's pretty straight forward really. :-k

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
Prodigal Cat wrote:
catatac wrote:
Catgotmytung wrote:

I learned a long time ago how it works:

When the griz were beating our ass year after year, it was because they were so good, and even when they beat very bad Cat teams it was still worthy of chest pounding. When the Cats beat the griz it's either because it's "the worst Griz team they've had in decades"; or because the Cats just care about one game.

When the Cats hung their hat on our '84 championship in the 90's and 2000's, we were all living in the past. But when it's the griz, 20 years removed from their last title, somehow they only care about championships.

It's pretty straight forward really. :-k
Nailed it!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:32 pm

The Griz haven’t been past the quarterfinals in 12 years nor won a conference title yet think they are an elite FCS program because they won two decades ago and have been losers since.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:44 pm

PapaG wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:32 pm
The Griz haven’t been past the quarterfinals in 12 years nor won a conference title yet think they are an elite FCS program because they won two decades ago and have been losers since.
Yea but didn't they beat central Washington and Portland state this spring? That should make them pre season national champs.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire