Big Sky Kick-off in Spokane

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big Sky Kick-off in Spokane

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:24 pm

Let's just hope the season is not affected by the virus. Things are blowing up all over the country. Looks like people have forgotten the past 15 months and how we got through it. People need to get vaccinated and wear masks indoors among crowds or this Delta variant will stop this country dead in its tracks again. Even people vaccinated it has been shown can get I'll and spread the virus. They may not need a hospital but it still can't be pleasant.

2024 Resume dominance

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:23 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:46 pm
Is the preseason selection process any better than the end of season one where you get more players based on where you finished in the standings?
For some reason this popped into my head:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:35 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 pm
When does Fall Camp start?
The 6th.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:35 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:29 pm
When does Fall Camp start?
The 6th.
When do they get to announce the transfers that came in late? August or when school starts?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Where can we watch Vigen and the boys interviews after it’s all over with?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm
It’s on Demand on ESPN+.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:36 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm
It’s on Demand on ESPN+.
Thank you, kind sir.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:24 pm
Let's just hope the season is not affected by the virus. Things are blowing up all over the country. Looks like people have forgotten the past 15 months and how we got through it. People need to get vaccinated and wear masks indoors among crowds or this Delta variant will stop this country dead in its tracks again. Even people vaccinated it has been shown can get I'll and spread the virus. They may not need a hospital but it still can't be pleasant.
I’m still wondering when people getting sick became something that we just can’t tolerate.

Masks do nothing, obviously.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 pm

PapaG wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 am
I’m still wondering when people getting sick became something that we just can’t tolerate.

Just because you keep saying this, doesn’t make you right. You’re not.

Masks aren’t the end-all, be-all 100% effective safety measure, but they most certainly do help. Having everyone wear them and wear them properly would make a huge difference. Unfortunately, when only some people wear them and 70% of those have them below their nose, it doesn’t help near as much.

Personally, I started not tolerating people getting sick when it started leading to hundreds of thousands of people dying, and millions more suffering long-term possibly permanent side effects. Also, when the effects of managing this disease started leading to people losing their jobs and their businesses.

GO CATS GO!!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 pm
PapaG wrote:

Masks aren’t the end-all, be-all 100% effective safety measure, but they most certainly do help. Having everyone wear them and wear them properly would make a huge difference. Unfortunately, when only some people wear them and 70% of those have them below their nose, it doesn’t help near as much.

Personally, I started not tolerating people getting sick when it started leading to hundreds of thousands of people dying, and millions more suffering long-term possibly permanent side effects. Also, when the effects of managing this disease started leading to people losing their jobs and their businesses.
=D^

2024 Resume dominance

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 am
BozoneCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

=D^
Also, as any person with a sense of history knows, we didn't tolerate people getting sick from polio, measles, small pox, etc.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:41 am

BozoneCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I've tried holding off on posting about this in a Bobcat Football thread, but since everyone else keeps bringing it up, I feel compelled to contribute.

I know where many of you currently stand based on your posts on the subject, but all I ask is that for an hour, put aside any opinions you may have and just read the below article. It's well written and very well supported with links to credible sources of information. It is a very long read.

As a disclaimer, my Mom was a lifelong community health nurse and so I'm very much pro medicine and pro science in general. Unfortunately, the events of this past year plus pushed the science and medicine of epidemiology aside and replaced them with fear, misinformation and confusion, which has left the entire world stuck in a horrible version of groundhogs day.

https://www.juliusruechel.com/2021/05/t ... -fear.html

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:37 am

“Misinformation” is the key word in your post. Way too many idiots out there, with access to social media... bad combo.

It truly is mind blowing to me, the number of people across the country that refuse to get the vaccine....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:37 am
“Misinformation” is the key word in your post. Way too many idiots out there, with access to social media... bad combo.

It truly is mind blowing to me, the number of people across the country that refuse to get the vaccine....
Yes, there are a bunch of idiots out there and yes they can post "misinformation", but the problem is that some times "misinformation" is subjective. I think the bigger problem here is big media censorship. It's not right that Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. can remove posts and articles, block certain people, etc... when they offer different viewpoints about the virus, vaccines, etc.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am
mslacatfan wrote:

Yes, there are a bunch of idiots out there and yes they can post "misinformation", but the problem is that some times "misinformation" is subjective. I think the bigger problem here is big media censorship. It's not right that Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. can remove posts and articles, block certain people, etc... when they offer different viewpoints about the virus, vaccines, etc.
Different viewpoints are one thing. Outright lies that stupid people believe and have dangerous consequences is a whole other.

GO CATS GO!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:41 pm

Did the Big Sky dictate how testing would be administered? For example, let’s assume a team is 100% vaccinated. If someone contracts Covid, they will most likely be asymptotic or show limited signs and hopefully be less transmissible. With no symptoms, the player with Covid may never be discovered. However, if mandatory testing is required before games, those asymptotic cases will be discovered and sections of the team could be quarantined. I can see how different administration of Covid policies with each team could have a dramatic impact on each teams Covid results.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:15 pm

mslacatfan wrote:

This is an excerpt from the article I posted:
No matter how familiar you think you are with the chaos that has unfolded over the past 15 months, I guarantee you there are surprises in this investigative report for everyone. And I believe it contains the conclusive evidence to hold our leaders legally accountable for the lethal consequences of abandoning long-established pandemic protocols, which were meticulously-documented in the WHO's 2019 pandemic planning guide and which were specifically designed to prevent the epidemic of fear and DIY ad-hoc rule-making that have been on display throughout this crisis.
In addition, the below comes directly from the 2019 WHO planning guide for pandemics. Notice any items that many millions of people across the world were subjected to?
Not recommended in any circumstances:

UV light
Modifying humidity
Contact tracing
Quarantine of exposed individuals
Entry and exit screening
Border closure

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:14 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Different viewpoints are one thing. Outright lies that stupid people believe and have dangerous consequences is a whole other.
Yes, I agree - statements that are 100% false are dangerous when stupid people believe them. One example of this is when somebody tells others to not get the vaccine because the shots have computer chips in them so the government can track everyone's location. While I'm not a big fan of censorship of any kind, I'd probably be ok with tech giants filtering statements like this out. The problem though, is that there area lot of legitimate reasons and beliefs out there as to why people aren't getting vaccinated, and stifling these legitimate reasons\concerns is wrong.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:07 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:14 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:31 pm
catatac wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

Yes, I agree - statements that are 100% false are dangerous when stupid people believe them. One example of this is when somebody tells others to not get the vaccine because the shots have computer chips in them so the government can track everyone's location. While I'm not a big fan of censorship of any kind, I'd probably be ok with tech giants filtering statements like this out. The problem though, is that there area lot of legitimate reasons and beliefs out there as to why people aren't getting vaccinated, and stifling these legitimate reasons\concerns is wrong.
As far as I'm concerned, a person's "beliefs" are not a legitimate reason to not be vaccinated. There are some who are medically justified in not getting vaccinated but that is a very small percentage.

We will just keep going around and around as the virus continually mutates to the point that both natural and acquired immunity no longer is efficacious and we start over again.

Social media is a huge problem. Any idiot can convincing argue a point they are in no way qualified to speak on. And there are lots if idiots that will read and believe it.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate