U f Wyoming Game Tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

U f Wyoming Game Tickets

Post by gtapp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:07 pm

I talked to the MSU ticket office today and asked if they expect an allotment of tickets for the game in Laramie? They were not sure and not hopeful. I know someone that works at UW and they said don't expect an allotment of tickets because of the size of the stadium. The U of Wyoming ticket office single game tickets go on sale this Wednesday (July 14th) at 8:00am. I am buying 2 and then if MSU ends up getting tickets from them I will buy 2 more so I can sit with other MSU fans. Thought some on here would want to know.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: U f Wyoming Game Tickets

Post by coloradocat » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:16 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:07 pm
I talked to the MSU ticket office today and asked if they expect an allotment of tickets for the game in Laramie? They were not sure and not hopeful. I know someone that works at UW and they said don't expect an allotment of tickets because of the size of the stadium. The U of Wyoming ticket office single game tickets go on sale this Wednesday (July 14th) at 8:00am. I am buying 2 and then if MSU ends up getting tickets from them I will buy 2 more so I can sit with other MSU fans. Thought some on here would want to know.
Is there a section or two that MSU fans are planning on taking over?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm

Usually schools put us all in the same section if you tell them you are for the visiting team. The problem is it is usually not the best seats and not everyone asks so we end up all over the place anyway. When I went to T A&M and to U of Utah they put us all together. It helped us actually make some meaningful noise but in both cases they were the sections in the corner.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:07 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm
Usually schools put us all in the same section if you tell them you are for the visiting team. The problem is it is usually not the best seats and not everyone asks so we end up all over the place anyway. When I went to T A&M and to U of Utah they put us all together. It helped us actually make some meaningful noise but in both cases they were the sections in the corner.
Yup. That's why when I go to the northern Colorado games, I sit smack dab in the middle of the good seats (like $15.00 seats), and not in the visiting team bleacher's. I you listen to the game you can hear me cheering for the bobcats right in their booster section!!!😜

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:10 pm

My wife and I are planning on visiting our daughter and her husband in Fort Collins that weekend and will be going to the game. I'd be interested in any info that develops on tickets and seating of other Cat fans.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:10 pm
My wife and I are planning on visiting our daughter and her husband in Fort Collins that weekend and will be going to the game. I'd be interested in any info that develops on tickets and seating of other Cat fans.
The MSU ticket office said they will be sending out an email if an allotment of tickets is provided by U of W. The only problem is it could be mid August before we know and if the answer is "no allotment" then there will not be many tickets left. I am not sure if they have sellouts at UW but it is the first game of the year so I would expect it to be at least close to full.

Funny story about Nebraska playing at UW. Nebraska asked for an allotment of 30,000 tickets. UW said that would be fine but our stadium only holds 25,000 so probably not.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:26 pm

I was informed from the Bobcat club when I inquired that single season seats for all home games and the roads games are going on sale Aug 2nd, through the Bobcat ticket office, 1-406-994-CATS. They said that an e-mail or posting would be forthcoming with this information soon.
My relatives in Wyoming also mentioned that the game will most likely NOT be a sell out because it is a pre season, non conference game.
Perhaps Bethany Cordell can update some of that information in the next couple of weeks. This information provided in not official, its just what I have ascertained through research.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Andy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:15 am

I ordered 6 tickets last night through the Wyoming.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:01 am

I was able to purchase mine through a buddy of mine (Booster). Section C, Row 8. I'm ready ... GO CATS!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 am

Andy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:15 am
I ordered 6 tickets last night through the Wyoming.
Where are your seats?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:29 am

For what it's worth, every game I've been to at War Memorial, the visiting team is in sections A & AA.
Last edited by WYCAT on Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Andy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Andy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:31 am

Section GG

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Something to think about as far as ticket availability:

Pokes opened 2019 at home against Missouri and didn't sell out.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401110728

Attendance: 26,037

Capacity: 29,181

When they played Idaho a couple games later it was closer to a sellout

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401117504

Attendance: 28,814

Does Idaho really travel that well? I'd think that Poke fans would be a little more excited about a game vs Missouri.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:58 am

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Does Idaho really travel that well? I'd think that Poke fans would be a little more excited about a game vs Missouri.
No. They beat Missouri and it sparked a little more interest within the state. Most people in Wyoming support UW with a sticker in their truck window or some sort hat or shirt but not many are that committed to going to an actual game.

For everyone considering going to Laramie, the biggest bottleneck for fans attending is motel space. Its extremely limited. Game tickets will be very easy to get. A motel room will not. I would make sure you try and get one ASAP. If they are already booked, Cheyenne or Fort Collins will be the next best options.

Hating the griz since 02.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:23 am

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:58 am
Rich K wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm

No. They beat Missouri and it sparked a little more interest within the state. Most people in Wyoming support UW with a sticker in their truck window or some sort hat or shirt but not many are that committed to going to an actual game.

For everyone considering going to Laramie, the biggest bottleneck for fans attending is motel space. Its extremely limited. Game tickets will be very easy to get. A motel room will not. I would make sure you try and get one ASAP. If they are already booked, Cheyenne or Fort Collins will be the next best options.
That makes a lot of sense about the attendance. I agree about the motels, good advice.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:46 am

So what you're saying is the MSU game could be the first sellout of the first game of the season at UW in centuries

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:46 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:26 pm
I was informed from the Bobcat club when I inquired that single season seats for all home games and the roads games are going on sale Aug 2nd, through the Bobcat ticket office, 1-406-994-CATS. They said that an e-mail or posting would be forthcoming with this information soon.
My relatives in Wyoming also mentioned that the game will most likely NOT be a sell out because it is a pre season, non conference game.
Perhaps Bethany Cordell can update some of that information in the next couple of weeks. This information provided in not official, its just what I have ascertained through research.
Sorry it took me a couple of days but I'm here!

We do indeed get an allotment of tickets for the Wyoming game. All single-game tickets, including road games, will go on sale on August 2nd. However, members of the Bobcat Club Annual Scholarship Fund will get early access to the Wyoming game starting Monday, July 19. If you're in that group, be sure to watch your emails because we'll be sending out a promo code this week.

It's awesome to see so much excitement for the upcoming season! Football is back, baby.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 am

Thanks Bethany!
For the Bobcat fans who would like to go to the Wyoming game, 99% sure you will still be able to get a ticket the day of the game. A pre-season non conference game against a lower division opponent will not sell out. That being said it would be awesome to see 5K Bobcat fans pack the stands and prove my prediction wrong!
Go Bobcats!

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

For those of you going in your RVs, there are several good campgrounds close to Laramie and the fishing is really good!

Don't forget the Cubs are at Coors Field the 3d, 4th and 5th. Stop into Hayter's a couple blocks from the stadium. He'll have all his Bobcat "stuff" flying and the game will be on if you happen to indulge a bit too much and don't get back up to Laramie.

Plus, South Dakota State plays Colorado State Friday the 3d. Lots to do that weekend in and around Laramie, Fort Collins and LoDo.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:00 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am
For those of you going in your RVs, there are several good campgrounds close to Laramie and the fishing is really good!

Don't forget the Cubs are at Coors Field the 3d, 4th and 5th. Stop into Hayter's a couple blocks from the stadium. He'll have all his Bobcat "stuff" flying and the game will be on if you happen to indulge a bit too much and don't get back up to Laramie.

Plus, South Dakota State plays Colorado State Friday the 3d. Lots to do that weekend in and around Laramie, Fort Collins and LoDo.
I wasn't planning on going, but Cubs at Coors the same weekend might have sold me.

EDIT: Cubs are in town, 3-5 of August. Braves in town, the start of September.