Sonny Holland Statue

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Sonny Holland Statue

Post by FYI » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 am

I'm viewing the stadium construction site and it appears Sonny is gone! If so, we need to know why.
I take this seriously recalling the days when a civil war type cannon was guarding one of the campus entrances and it one day disappeared. This happened during Cat-griz week. Immediately plans were underway to retaliate against the griz. Long story short...turns out some Tech students slipped in from Butte and made off with it. It was relocated on the ridge of the Tech campus.
Anyway..it was gone...and so is Sonny.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sonny Holland Statue

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:43 am

FYI wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 am
I'm viewing the stadium construction site and it appears Sonny is gone! If so, we need to know why.
I take this seriously recalling the days when a civil war type cannon was guarding one of the campus entrances and it one day disappeared. This happened during Cat-griz week. Immediately plans were underway to retaliate against the griz. Long story short...turns out some Tech students slipped in from Butte and made off with it. It was relocated on the ridge of the Tech campus.
Anyway..it was gone...and so is Sonny.
It's been moved for safety reasons until construction is complete. It's on the East side I believe.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 am

I haven't tried picking it up yet, but it looks pretty heavy. Probably hard to do, but now that we've given Griz fans an idea someone should be on the lookout at all times.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:02 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:57 am
I haven't tried picking it up yet, but it looks pretty heavy. Probably hard to do, but now that we've given Griz fans an idea someone should be on the lookout at all times.
I'm ready, Boss

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter