Season Opener Predictions for Cats and Griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Season Opener Predictions for Cats and Griz

Post by SACCAT » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:33 pm

My Prediction is:

No matter what the griz score is, they will somehow spin it that the game proves that they are BY FAR the best team in the FCS, sparking another 30 page thread about moving up.

No matter what the Cats score is, MSU fans will say that we have to play TA at RB more and less. We will also say that the QB was good at times, and can really "Scoot"...

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:01 am

SACCAT wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:33 pm
My Prediction is:

No matter what the griz score is, they will somehow spin it that the game proves that they are BY FAR the best team in the FCS, sparking another 30 page thread about moving up.

No matter what the Cats score is, MSU fans will say that we have to play TA at RB more and less. We will also say that the QB was good at times, and can really "Scoot"...
This is a really good guess!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:28 am

SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

This prediction isn't fair. You read egriz where many claimed they're the best team in the FCS after beating a bottom-dweller Big Sky and a division two team. Your inside info makes this "prediction" a stone-cold lock. 8)

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 pm

Wyoming has one of the more underrated incoming freshman RBs in the country. DQ James out of Lancaster, TX is incredibly electric and will earn his way to the top of the pecking order in their depth chart. I don't think the Cats will see too much of him (thankfully), being that it's the first game but the dude is so explosive. 1400 yds & 22 TDs his senior year and 90% of that was in the first half of games. Rarely saw the field after halftime.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:28 am
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

This prediction isn't fair. You read egriz where many claimed they're the best team in the FCS after beating a bottom-dweller Big Sky and a division two team. Your inside info makes this "prediction" a stone-cold lock. 8)
Well... Maybe. But also it is the same every year

(griz beat a 2 win team by 30)...Fans- This _______ team is WAY better than people realize, and that just proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to a mid level Big Sky team)... Fans- This______ team's super bowl is this game, and all they have is beating us, and that proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to Weber)... Fans- This _______ team just spent all their energy beating us, so now everyone that beats them was tired, and that proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to MSU)... Fans- This ______team tricked us by saying they were going to play their best player, but then didn't play him when we weren't looking, and THAT proves how great we are!!!

Rinse Repeat...

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

(griz beat a 2 win team by 30)...Fans- This _______ team is WAY better than people realize, and that just proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to a mid level Big Sky team)... Fans- This______ team's super bowl is this game, and all they have is beating us, and that proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to Weber)... Fans- This _______ team just spent all their energy beating us, so now everyone that beats them was tired, and that proves how great we really are!!!

(griz lose to MSU)... Fans- This ______team tricked us by saying they were going to play their best player, but then didn't play him when we weren't looking, and THAT proves how great we are!!!

Rinse Repeat...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Its funny how accurate this is!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm
SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Its funny how accurate this is!
Absolutely brilliant Saccat! Best laugh I had all week.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:55 am

SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...
The Bobby Hauck coaching philosophy and excuses all laid out before your very eyes here folks! :lol:
It works, because he's their guy forever!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:26 am

SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...
This is solid. And spot-on accurate.

I don't know if I'll ever find anything funnier than Hauck saying out loud that they prepared all week for our linebacker to play quarterback and was really caught off guard when our quarterback played quarterback. That was gold.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:26 am
SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...

I don't know if I'll ever find anything funnier than Hauck saying out loud that they prepared all week for our linebacker to play quarterback and was really caught off guard when our quarterback played quarterback. That was gold.
It is one of the most insane things i have ever heard in 25 years of covering sports... And I once was told by a coach that a loss was because they changed detergent, and the players weren't comfortable.

1) Bobby blaming a loss on TA not playing a position that he didn't even play
2) Bobby doubling down on "This game is more important to them than us, so I guess we will have to take is seriously from now on" after the Cats loss
3) Detergent reason for loss.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 am

SACCAT wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...

It is one of the most insane things i have ever heard in 25 years of covering sports... And I once was told by a coach that a loss was because they changed detergent, and the players weren't comfortable.

2) Bobby doubling down on "This game is more important to them than us, so I guess we will have to take is seriously from now on" after the Cats loss
Don't forget Bobby also said stopping this offense may have been hard the first time he saw something like it, about 20 years ago. I'm paraphrasing but it was a classic pompous Bobby quote.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:03 am
SACCAT wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
My Prediction is:

Rinse Repeat...

Don't forget Bobby also said stopping this offense may have been hard the first time he saw something like it, about 20 years ago. I'm paraphrasing but it was a classic pompous Bobby quote.
I remember that. He wouldn’t call it Wildcat like everyone else. He calls it +1.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.