Hero Sports Way Too Early Title Contenders

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Hero Sports Way Too Early Title Contenders

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon May 24, 2021 6:01 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hero Sports Way Too Early Title Contenders

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 24, 2021 6:30 pm

It almost looks like he lifted that MSU description word for word from the Nuanez radio show.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 pm

I know SOP for these articles is to take last years result & do some minor tweaking.

I’m just not convinced that you can draw these sorts of conclusions or make predictions based off a meaningless half season...especially when at least 2 QF teams weren’t playing.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon May 24, 2021 9:13 pm

If it’s accurate, SDSU lost their elite QB for the entire fall by playing so many games in the spring. I wonder if teams that played lesser or no games will actually have a physical advantage of not getting beat up 10 games in the spring.

The freshman RB for SDSU should be playing FBS, too. He’s that good and has size.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon May 24, 2021 9:43 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:13 pm
If it’s accurate, SDSU lost their elite QB for the entire fall by playing so many games in the spring. I wonder if teams that played lesser or no games will actually have a physical advantage of not getting beat up 10 games in the spring.

The freshman RB for SDSU should be playing FBS, too. He’s that good and has size.
Agree that he is damn good... in fact I said in another post he's almost as good as Ifanse. As for playing in the FBS, we all know we have players on our team that could be starting in the FBS but I'm glad they're sticking around in little old FCS!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue May 25, 2021 8:50 am

onceacat wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 pm
I know SOP for these articles is to take last years result & do some minor tweaking.

I’m just not convinced that you can draw these sorts of conclusions or make predictions based off a meaningless half season...especially when at least 2 QF teams weren’t playing.
Yeah you're probably right about results with minor tweaks. I personally think we're a little high at 8 with the coaching change and the uncertainty and lack of depth at some spots on D. I wouldn't expect Sam to know all those details though as he's got 120+ teams to look at.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am

Missoula lost their All-Conf QB, All-American LB, WR, RB and their offensive and defensive lines still aren't very good yet they're ranked three spots higher than us. Sounds about right. :roll:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am
Missoula lost their All-Conf QB, All-American LB, WR, RB and their offensive and defensive lines still aren't very good yet they're ranked three spots higher than us. Sounds about right. :roll:
Yeah, but they still have Robby...and Monte.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 am
coloradocat wrote:
And Sam did say the Robby is one of the best in FCS...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:57 am

I can see why prognosticators would have UM ranked ahead of MSU in BSC conference record prediction or a Top 25 prediction. UM would then be seeded higher enough to then have a better chance of winning in the playoffs. MSU's schedule is tough. Three road games against three of the top five teams in the league (top four not including MSU). Lose two of those three and add in a loss to Wyoming and MSU is at 8-3 and probably not seeded, and looking at road games after the first round.

UM could easily go 9-2 and be seeded, perhaps in the top four. MSU needs to not drop any of the games that it's a decided favorite in and go 2-2 against at Wyoming, at Weber, at EWU and at UM to get a seed.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Tue May 25, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 25, 2021 11:01 am

coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I think we should design a few plays with Troy on offense where he is isolated with a defender named Hauck.... One on One. Let er rip!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue May 25, 2021 11:11 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:57 am
I can see why prognosticators would have UM ranked ahead of MSU in BSC conference record prediction or a Top 25 prediction. UM would then be seeded higher enough to then have a better chance of winning in the playoffs. MSU's schedule is tough. Three road games against three of the top five teams in the league (top four not including MSU). Lose two of those three and add in a loss to Wyoming and MSU is at 8-3 and probably not seeded, and looking at road games after the first round.

UM could easily go 9-2 and be seeded, perhaps in the top four. MSU needs to not drop any of the games that it's a decided favorite in and go 2-2 against at Wyoming, at Weber, at EWU and at UM to get a seed.
Yeah, this is why I don't like how writers rank teams. It generally comes down to record because they don't watch many games (even the Hero guys). I definitely expect Missoula to have a better record than us going into Cat-griz but I don't think they will be the better team. He even admitted this in the MSU write-up.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 11:01 am
coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
I think we should design a few plays with Troy on offense where he is isolated with a defender named Hauck.... One on One. Let er rip!
That’s not even remotely fair. At least give Troy a lead blocker.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue May 25, 2021 6:38 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Montanabob wrote:
coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Only way that's fair is if the hit Robby on opposite sides of the shoulder at full speed.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed May 26, 2021 5:36 pm

RickRund wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 10:13 am
coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
And Sam did say the Robby is one of the best in FCS...
Don't forget Dante Olson will still be getting tackles for UM.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed May 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:38 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Only way that's fair is if the hit Robby on opposite sides of the shoulder at full speed.
If that happened they’d give Robbie 5 tackles on a single play

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
coachouert wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Waste of a blocker - might as well save the effort. Robby would take such a poor angle, he wouldn't get close enough to touch TA.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.