Transfers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Transfers

Post by CelticCat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:50 am

I figure we should probably start a thread, because I imagine there will be more to come:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Transfers

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 am

Damn, a little surprised about Marshall, at the end of 2019 it looked like he was going to be a big part of the offense the following year.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:57 am

Yeah, I didn't see Marshall leaving. That's a big loss.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:02 pm

I think a slight change in the offense and the young wide receivers have probably changed Marshall’s role in the offense versus what it would have been if Choate had stayed.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Super surprised at Marshall leaving, especially after his role in the SHC. Seems like a guy that WILL get on the field somewhere.

Bohannon also surprises me given the wide open field for playing time in the secondary. I thought he was a guy that might be able to move to safety and was going to get minutes.

Bummer...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:21 pm

Only so many jet sweeps a guy can run. i wish him well and thanks.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:57 am
Really? He had some nice plays running jet sweeps, so basically as a pseudo RB. He never really showed much as a WR.

All this tells me is that we have younger and better players on the roster, so he’s leaving to get playing time elsewhere. Big loss? I just don’t see how.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:33 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:29 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Really? He had some nice plays running jet sweeps, so basically as a pseudo RB. He never really showed much as a WR.

All this tells me is that we have younger and better players on the roster, so he’s leaving to get playing time elsewhere. Big loss? I just don’t see how.
Yeah, a big loss of potential maybe but not production. The young guys looked good on Saturday.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:37 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah, Really! He shined when he played in 2019, in only four games by the way to preserve his eligibility. He smoked the griz when he got the ball, sure on fly sweeps but he had great balance and speed. He also did a good job against UNC and scored against Southern Utah. He was dynamic with the ball. He didn't catch many passes because the Cats didn't throw much. Check out his JC film and he had some nice catches in the Sonny Holland scrimmage too.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:37 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Yeah, Really! He shined when he played in 2019, in only four games by the way to preserve his eligibility. He smoked the griz when he got the ball, sure on fly sweeps but he had great balance and speed. He also did a good job against UNC and scored against Southern Utah. He was dynamic with the ball. He didn't catch many passes because the Cats didn't throw much. Check out his JC film and he had some nice catches in the Sonny Holland scrimmage too.
I had identified him as our #2 receiver behind Stewart. He was about to have a very, very productive year. Bummer.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:53 pm

AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

My Thoughts as well AFCAT. While I was impressed watching the WRs in the scrimmage, I think this group looked better than we've had in a while, I figured Marshall would get lots of time in the slot... Kids got wheels.

But it is what it is, Good luck Tyrone!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

He was a nice player, I’m not saying otherwise, but he isn’t a big loss by any means. Again, there’s a reason he’s transferring. He wants to play. Which means there are better players on the roster.

A big loss would be Lewis Kidd, or Ifanse. Marshall? He’s replaceable.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:19 pm

CatBot wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I had identified him as our #2 receiver behind Stewart. He was about to have a very, very productive year. Bummer.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This made me literally laugh out loud. Thanks!

Best of luck to both these guys, hope they find whatever they are looking for in their next school (weather, area, playing time, coaching).

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:14 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

He was a nice player, I’m not saying otherwise, but he isn’t a big loss by any means. Again, there’s a reason he’s transferring. He wants to play. Which means there are better players on the roster.

Cool, you can have your opinion and I'll have mine. Among the current wide receivers, I don't see a player that was as dynamic as Marshall was in 2019. To me, Marshall is a big loss in that room. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong come Fall.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Cool, you can have your opinion and I'll have mine. Among the current wide receivers, I don't see a player that was as dynamic as Marshall was in 2019. To me, Marshall is a big loss in that room. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong come Fall.
I’m a broken record, but Charles Brown is the most dynamic WR on the team, and it isn’t close, before and after this.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I’m a broken record, but Charles Brown is the most dynamic WR on the team, and it isn’t close, before and after this.
I should have put Marshall behind Coy Steel. Coy is also pretty dang good. I think Brown may be great too, especially returning punts and kicks, but he hasn't played a snap yet and is an unknown right now for me. Jaden Smith could be a superstar. A lot of talent for sure. Now, let's find someone that can get them the ball.
Last edited by AFCAT on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:36 pm

That’s a bummer. Both of these transfers are surprising to me...

This happens every year though, with every program. Especially when u have a coaching change.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I should have put Marshall behind Coy Steel. Coy is also pretty dang good. I think Brown may be great too, especially returning punts and kicks, but he hasn't played a snap yet and is an unknown right now for me. Jaden Smith could be a superstar. A lot of talent for sure.
Coy Steel is a really nice slot, whom I wish played more than Patterson, but I wouldn’t call him dynamic at all. He’s not overly athletic in comparison to his peers.

Did he play in the scrimmage at all?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Yeah, getting off topic from the thread title... but lots of young talent at wr... maybe marshal saw that coming. Jaden smith for example- I see this guy turning into an absolute star.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:45 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:36 pm
That’s a bummer. Both of these transfers are surprising to me...

This happens every year though, with every program. Especially when u have a coaching change.
And the new transfer rules.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."