Rude People

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Rude People

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:02 am

mdpcat69 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:17 pm
Just wanted to vent on how rude people where at this scrimmage! I grew up here as did my wife! She works for MSU at the games and quit today! She was yelled at, told to F' OFF, told to shut up and go away all because a bunch of self centered ass hats could not follow the simple rule the was in place for the mask rule put in place!!! SHE DID NO MAKE THE RULE! A bunch of the usher staff and event staff have quit today because of this! Hope you that made comments are happy!! We support MSU, have been season ticket holders and boosters! Never have we or she been treated so poorly!

Good luck with more events in the future!!

BOBCAT NATION should be ashamed!
I wouldn’t have told your wife to shut up or f-off that’s for sure, that is ridiculous for people to do as she probably was just following her instructions. I would have told her I’m not wearing a mask though. The mandate has been lifted, its a state run school ran, with our tax dollars, so I’m not understanding why MSU told your wife to tell people to put masks on? Private companies can do what they want, but a public university shouldn’t be telling people what to do as it is paid for by the residence of this state. Sounds to me it was another stupid move imposed on MSU by the liberal mob that runs Bozeman these days. They are just pathetic people who have zero business being in public office.

I would also say BN as a whole is a good group of people having to get to know quite a few members, so casting a blanket on here doesn’t make much sense.

If your left, you aren’t right.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:02 am
mdpcat69 wrote:
Just wanted to vent on how rude people where at this scrimmage! I grew up here as did my wife! She works for MSU at the games and quit today! She was yelled at, told to F' OFF, told to shut up and go away all because a bunch of self centered ass hats could not follow the simple rule the was in place for the mask rule put in place!!! SHE DID NO MAKE THE RULE! A bunch of the usher staff and event staff have quit today because of this! Hope you that made comments are happy!! We support MSU, have been season ticket holders and boosters! Never have we or she been treated so poorly!

I wouldn’t have told your wife to shut up or f-off that’s for sure, that is ridiculous for people to do as she probably was just following her instructions. I would have told her I’m not wearing a mask though. The mandate has been lifted, its a state run school ran, with our tax dollars, so I’m not understanding why MSU told your wife to tell people to put masks on? Private companies can do what they want, but a public university shouldn’t be telling people what to do as it is paid for by the residence of this state. Sounds to me it was another stupid move imposed on MSU by the liberal mob that runs Bozeman these days. They are just pathetic people who have zero business being in public office.

I would also say BN as a whole is a good group of people having to get to know quite a few members, so casting a blanket on here doesn’t make much sense.
A public university shouldn't be telling people what to do? I guess everyone should be able to do whatever they want inside the stadium - hell why do we even have tickets, you are paying as a taxpayer so it's your right to attend! I think they should just get rid of the gates and security and just let anybody come in with whatever they want.

Party of law and order, until it's a law you don't like.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am

Extreme self entitlement and lack of respect for your neighbor seems to have become more and more prevalent. Sad.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:09 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:41 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mdpcat69 wrote:

A public university shouldn't be telling people what to do? I guess everyone should be able to do whatever they want inside the stadium - hell why do we even have tickets, you are paying as a taxpayer so it's your right to attend! I think they should just get rid of the gates and security and just let anybody come in with whatever they want.

Party of law and order, until it's a law you don't like.
I mean, the confrontation is sort of the point of that whole political outlook. It’s all about, and always has been about imposing you briefs on other people & punching down against people with less power than you.

I it’s also built on an idea that ignorance is the political equivalent of expertise...

If you don’t believe me, look at the 17 pages of BS on the trans sports bill.

Fortunately these people are waging a war that they are losing fast.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:17 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am
Extreme self entitlement and lack of respect for your neighbor seems to have become more and more prevalent. Sad.
Well said!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:28 am

mdpcat69 wrote:

Sorry for your experience but it doesn't fix it to shame All of Bobcat Nation.

I think wearing a mask outdoors while also social distancing is completely stupid and anti- science. However, when I got tickets to the scrimmage, I am effectively agreeing to the rules put in place by MSU, which included wearing a mask in the stadium. And I did so despite how I personally feel about it. If you can't live with the rules put in place, you shouldn't have been at the scrimmage. And you certainly shouldn't be taking out your beliefs on the ushers.

You shouldn't have been at the scrimmage if you didn't want to follow the rules that were put in place well in advance.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:15 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:28 am
mdpcat69 wrote:

I think wearing a mask outdoors while also social distancing is completely stupid and anti- science. However, when I got tickets to the scrimmage, I am effectively agreeing to the rules put in place by MSU, which included wearing a mask in the stadium. And I did so despite how I personally feel about it. If you can't live with the rules put in place, you shouldn't have been at the scrimmage. And you certainly shouldn't be taking out your beliefs on the ushers.

You shouldn't have been at the scrimmage if you didn't want to follow the rules that were put in place well in advance.
Well said.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mdpcat69 wrote:

I am a conservative who is pro-business. However, wearing a mask is not a big sacrifice. It makes no sense to battle over such petty items. Whether you believe a mask is needed or not, just wear the mask if that is what the rules required and was the understanding when you got the ticket. It is just wearing a mask for a coupe of hours. Let’s spend more time discussing issues of real importance.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:50 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mdpcat69 wrote:

I am a conservative who is pro-business. However, wearing a mask is not a big sacrifice. It makes no sense to battle over such petty items. Whether you believe a mask is needed or not, just wear the mask if that is what the rules required and was the understanding when you got the ticket. It is just wearing a mask for a coupe of hours. Let’s spend more time discussing issues of real importance.
Good post Cataholic.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:00 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mdpcat69 wrote:

=D^ =D^ =D^

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:11 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:21 am
As well as common sense.....

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Sorry this happened and disappointed someone would say that. Even if you disagree with a rule, just buck up and put it on if asked.....no need to go off on those just doing their job. I always observe you can tell a lot about people in how they treat wait staff, clerks, customer service folks, etc.

Didn’t see anyone being confrontational to anyone in area I was. Nearly everyone I saw was careful putting on a mask to get in, walking to seats or to restroom, and to exit stadium. Nearly everyone respected the spread out social distancing of the seating which is of primary importance....I think I saw two groups of college kids bunched up but that isn’t an issue with me. And about a 50-50 mask wearing while seated watching the game. I certainly felt safer sitting outdoors, spaced out in a stadium than I did the night before when we all went to a full restaurant....wore our mask to walk the 30 feet to our seat than everyone in a room of 30 to 50 people had their masks removed....felt a whole lot less comfortable and safe in that restaurant setting.....but maybe that’s just me.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:48 pm

I hate to hear this. in the beginning the pro mask people were ruthless and now the antimask folks want it to end. I hate the masks, but if it meant supporting my kids or a business I wore it, however when outside or in business that didn’t care , I didn’t. I do think masks have helped schools limit colds and flus, but seriously now there are so many places not requiring masks, do you really think we need to force it. Seems like scared logic to me. With all that said, your wife deserved better that is for sure, as she. was just doing her job.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:28 pm
4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Just need to compare covid to second hand smoke, more relatable. If you are close enough to someone, indoors or out, to smell them smoking a cigarette, wear a mask.
That is the most lucid statement I’ve heard about the aerial transmission. How about you sell that one to the CDC? There have been so many conflicting ideas — that is the simplest and at the same time the most valid guideline. I’m going to use that one with relatives and visitors this summer.
Other than smoke particles are much larger than a virus carried in water vapor, you nailed it!

It’s not the same thing.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:44 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:57 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:28 pm
4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Just need to compare covid to second hand smoke, more relatable. If you are close enough to someone, indoors or out, to smell them smoking a cigarette, wear a mask.
That is the most lucid statement I’ve heard about the aerial transmission. How about you sell that one to the CDC? There have been so many conflicting ideas — that is the simplest and at the same time the most valid guideline. I’m going to use that one with relatives and visitors this summer.
Other than smoke particles are much larger than a virus carried in water vapor, you nailed it!

It’s not the same thing.
Must have read the wiki huh? Or did you learn that in one of your hard business classes.
I've heard a doctor use the same analogy.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
mdpcat69 wrote:

Hi-Line when asked to wear a mask at a public event
“I won’t and you can’t make me!”

Also Hi-Line when told he has to wear a polo at his favorite golf course because they have a dress code.

HelenaCat

Post by HelenaCat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:21 pm

Let me preface this with it was not me who was rude and I certainly don’t condone that type of rudeness to anyone. I wore my mask into and out of the stadium. But when I wear a mask outside in cool weather, it fogs up my glasses and I can’t see anything. We were always more than 6 feet away from anyone and outside, so I did not wear the mask while we sat watching the scrimmage. I don’t think we bothered anyone. Some people around us wore masks, others did not. But no problems and no conflicts. Everyone just enjoyed seeing Bobcat football again.

I know the rules were there and I agreed to them. But some reasonableness has to come about sometime soon also. MSU was hamstrung by the County Health department and I don’t blame the staff for trying to comply. But I can also see why some folks did not want to wear a mask. Again, for me, I could not see anything if I wore my mask.

I am just hopeful that people get their COVID vaccines and this whole situation goes away before next fall. Expecting everyone to wear a mask at an outdoor stadium in cold weather when they want to yell as loud as possible just won’t work.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:33 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:28 am
mdpcat69 wrote:

Nailed it.

The mask rule is beyond stupid (in my opinion). But it’s a rule the university has in place.... should not be that difficult to follow it.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:26 pm

How refreshing it was to tune into yesterday’s scrimmage and to actually see a lot of smiling faces and unmuffled cheers from the crowd! It looked like more than half of the fans were getting a good dose of fresh mountain air on a mild spring day in Bozeman. The players looked good too, with zippo social distancing and the majority of their masks were attached to their helmets. Oh the irony of it all :-k

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:44 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:21 pm
Let me preface this with it was not me who was rude and I certainly don’t condone that type of rudeness to anyone. I wore my mask into and out of the stadium. But when I wear a mask outside in cool weather, it fogs up my glasses and I can’t see anything. We were always more than 6 feet away from anyone and outside, so I did not wear the mask while we sat watching the scrimmage. I don’t think we bothered anyone. Some people around us wore masks, others did not. But no problems and no conflicts. Everyone just enjoyed seeing Bobcat football again.

I know the rules were there and I agreed to them. But some reasonableness has to come about sometime soon also. MSU was hamstrung by the County Health department and I don’t blame the staff for trying to comply. But I can also see why some folks did not want to wear a mask. Again, for me, I could not see anything if I wore my mask.

I am just hopeful that people get their COVID vaccines and this whole situation goes away before next fall. Expecting everyone to wear a mask at an outdoor stadium in cold weather when they want to yell as loud as possible just won’t work.
That seems perfectly reasonable to me. I’d probably to the same thing.