Rude People

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mdpcat69
New Recruit

Rude People

Post by mdpcat69 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Just wanted to vent on how rude people where at this scrimmage! I grew up here as did my wife! She works for MSU at the games and quit today! She was yelled at, told to F' OFF, told to shut up and go away all because a bunch of self centered ass hats could not follow the simple rule the was in place for the mask rule put in place!!! SHE DID NO MAKE THE RULE! A bunch of the usher staff and event staff have quit today because of this! Hope you that made comments are happy!! We support MSU, have been season ticket holders and boosters! Never have we or she been treated so poorly!

Good luck with more events in the future!!

BOBCAT NATION should be ashamed!

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Rude People

Post by bobcatozzy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Don't blame it on Bobcat Nation. Blame it on self centered people. Blame it on ignorance but not Bobcat Nation.

Rest In peace dad.

bobcatozzy
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatozzy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 pm

And I saw the totally opposite. Saw people not wearing them but when asked to put them on they did. If I would have seen or heard it I would have came to her defense.

Rest In peace dad.

mdpcat69
New Recruit

Post by mdpcat69 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:36 pm

they are part of bobcat nation... it was primarily boosters! some I know are on here!

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

I agree Ozzy. It is not a Bobcat Nation thing. However, it is awful to hear this. To take out these rules on the Stadium staff is terrible. If people want to yell at someone it should be the City of Bozeman health officials who make the rules. For MSU to allow people to attend the scrimmage, they had to follow the Bozeman directives.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Hopefully by September we won't have to wear masks at an outdoor stadium and this won't be an issue for either side anymore.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Only 2500 people there (2498 because I got stuck at work). Every person had to register for the tickets. I would go to Leon, or someone in the Department, and show them the area she was working at. They should be able to see who was sitting around there and investigate it... IF they can find them, then there should be major repercussions for those people. Ushering is the most thankless job at that stadium. It is terrible. My family goes out of our way to always say "Thank you" every game.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:25 pm

I saw people not wearing masks but I didn’t see any confrontations. There were big signs telling people to wear masks but there are always going to be the idiots that don’t want to follow the rules.
Last edited by AFCAT on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:43 pm

The problem is political not health oriented!

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Watching on PlutoTV, I had come to the conclusion that masks were not required. I saw a few, but thought that people were just being smart. I was really surprised to read here that masks were required. The student age, where the highest infection age is now, seemed to be blissfully unaware of any pandemics.

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:57 pm

I saw quite a few folks around me not wearing masks while seated, but most of them put them on when walking to restroom, etc.

Hard to tell people with common sense they need to mask when outdoors and 6+ feet from others, but I do feel for stadium staff that has to enforce per county requirements.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:04 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:12 pm
Only 2500 people there (2498 because I got stuck at work). Every person had to register for the tickets. I would go to Leon, or someone in the Department, and show them the area she was working at. They should be able to see who was sitting around there and investigate it... IF they can find them, then there should be major repercussions for those people. Ushering is the most thankless job at that stadium. It is terrible. My family goes out of our way to always say "Thank you" every game.
I honestly think we should go one step further. Put cameras in the areas that ushers work. Then identify who those people are. Sounds Orwellian but amazing how people change their behavior when they realize there are repercussions.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:43 pm
Yes, it is. For those who believe in science, here is an interesting study from MIT that I just accidentally found. It says that indoors, there is no magic about 6 feet — 60 feet is just as bad. As I remember the 6 feet came from some recommendation from many decades ago. With all the capability to study and model fluid dynamics at a micro or even nano level, it seems there is still a dearth of science about airborne pathogens.

MIT researchers say you’re no safer from Covid indoors at 6 feet or 60 feet in new study challenging social distancing policies

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/mit-re ... study.html

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Politics, personal, like it, hate it, whatever. No excuse for being an asshole to the workers who are just doing their jobs. Anyone on here that would chew out a worker over this, be ashamed of yourself. You're a poor excuse for a fan and a human being.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:43 pm
Yes, it is. For those who believe in science, here is an interesting study from MIT that I just accidentally found. It says that indoors, there is no magic about 6 feet — 60 feet is just as bad. As I remember the 6 feet came from some recommendation from many decades ago. With all the capability to study and model fluid dynamics at a micro or even nano level, it seems there is still a dearth of science about airborne pathogens.

MIT researchers say you’re no safer from Covid indoors at 6 feet or 60 feet in new study challenging social distancing policies

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/23/mit-re ... study.html
Why did nobody tell me we got an indoor stadium?!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm

Just need to compare covid to second hand smoke, more relatable. If you are close enough to someone, indoors or out, to smell them smoking a cigarette, wear a mask.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:28 pm

4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Just need to compare covid to second hand smoke, more relatable. If you are close enough to someone, indoors or out, to smell them smoking a cigarette, wear a mask.
That is the most lucid statement I’ve heard about the aerial transmission. How about you sell that one to the CDC? There have been so many conflicting ideas — that is the simplest and at the same time the most valid guideline. I’m going to use that one with relatives and visitors this summer.

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:37 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:28 pm
4KornerKat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 pm
That is the most lucid statement I’ve heard about the aerial transmission. How about you sell that one to the CDC? There have been so many conflicting ideas — that is the simplest and at the same time the most valid guideline. I’m going to use that one with relatives and visitors this summer.
Until you take into account that the smoke particulate is smaller and lighter than virus laden droplets, you can still smell smoke through a mask, etc.

If you can keep it to the surface concept it holds

MTnative
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by MTnative » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:42 pm

mdpcat69 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:17 pm
Just wanted to vent on how rude people where at this scrimmage! I grew up here as did my wife! She works for MSU at the games and quit today! She was yelled at, told to F' OFF, told to shut up and go away all because a bunch of self centered ass hats could not follow the simple rule the was in place for the mask rule put in place!!! SHE DID NO MAKE THE RULE! A bunch of the usher staff and event staff have quit today because of this! Hope you that made comments are happy!! We support MSU, have been season ticket holders and boosters! Never have we or she been treated so poorly!

A patronizing remark to simply label "bobcat nation" as being the source of the fault.

Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe try the school to the west next time. Maybe they will be more accommodating to your sensitive nature.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:13 am

MTnative wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:42 pm
mdpcat69 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:17 pm

A patronizing remark to simply label "bobcat nation" as being the source of the fault.

Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe try the school to the west next time. Maybe they will be more accommodating to your sensitive nature.
That's a mature argument: "if you don't like people acting like assholes, don't come here!" Geez, way to sell it. I'm as pro-masking, pro-protocol as anyone, but i kind of agree that at 15% capacity outdoors it maybe isn't crucial. Still not the point, though, it's definitely not the ushers' fault folks were asked to wear them, and it's not like some asshat mouthing off to them will change the rule. If you were going to that game yesterday you knew it was required as a condition of your attendance, so why the confrontations? Because some people are just assholes. Certainly not all, certainly not most, but a few.