2022 Recruiting (35 commits, 1 gray shirt to 2023)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2022 Recruiting

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:59 am

autocat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:18 am
99 take a break from Bobcat Nation you’re an emotional wreck the last few months!

Try reading what others post and not commenting on everything!
I didn't see anything wrong with what he posted. Offered his perspective of what he saw on tape, but was overall complimentary of the kid. Nothing emotional or out of bounds there. At least, not from what I read.

:shrug:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:23 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:56 am
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 pm
I know he isn’t really big (155lbs), but just looking at his camp film on his Twitter feed, he looks like a decent receiver. I’d give him a few scholly bucks.

His honesty is also decent. Not too many players out there saying they got a PWO offer.
Few inches and 20 more pounds and he’d get some money. Really clean routes!
Agree, dang! He could still be growing too. I'm no expert - but damn his route running looks incredible - so quick.
This is not me speaking critical of a player, more just explaining why sometimes these camp routes shouldn’t be taken for more than what they are. Often on Twitter I see camp “highlights” where a WR takes 2 seconds jabbing left and right before he finally releases. Looks nice, but it’s garbage.

Watch the very first route, by the time he makes his break to the outside we’re at 4 seconds post snap. By the time the ball is out, about 5-5.5 seconds. That won’t fly in pads, in a game. He ran a nice route for sure, but 9/10 it wouldn’t work in a game situation.

What I saw on that tape was quick feet, average speed, small frame, wasted steps on the release, rounded corners on the route, and no tempo/timing on the release. Attacked the ball, average to good hands. A little research and I find out he’s never really played football, homeschooled, ultimate frisbee. Explains a lot. I can see why they’d give him a walk-on as he’s raw and has some natural skills that can be built on. Cousin played in the NFL, was a decent player for a couple years.
All I was commenting on is how quick he is, super fast feet, and looks like he has a knack for getting open. I hope he turns into a star for the Cats some day!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:06 pm

autocat wrote:
99 take a break from Bobcat Nation you’re an emotional wreck the last few months!

99 just has a way of being brutally honest and blunt in his assessments. Complete antithesis of a jock-sniffing sugar-coater.

As far as emotional wreck, wth are you talking about? If nothing else 99 is darn near emotionless with most of his posts. Don't understand people's beef with him.

Reality bites?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:06 pm
autocat wrote:

99 just has a way of being brutally honest and blunt in his assessments. Complete antithesis of a jock-sniffing sugar-coater.

As far as emotional wreck, wth are you talking about? If nothing else 99 is darn near emotionless with most of his posts. Don't understand people's beef with him.

Reality bites?
There is a difference between being brutally honest and being a dick. And I am not so sure about emotionless. He almost always seems to be taking a dig at someone, many times a player. It always rubs me the wrong way.

As for Eddie Casper, I liked what I saw. Quick feet, sharp routes and good hands. Too many moves on the first highlight, but the rest seemed legit. Clearly the staff was impressed as they offered him a PWO.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:23 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:40 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:56 am
ND0479 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 pm
I know he isn’t really big (155lbs), but just looking at his camp film on his Twitter feed, he looks like a decent receiver. I’d give him a few scholly bucks.

His honesty is also decent. Not too many players out there saying they got a PWO offer.
Few inches and 20 more pounds and he’d get some money. Really clean routes!
Agree, dang! He could still be growing too. I'm no expert - but damn his route running looks incredible - so quick.
This is not me speaking critical of a player, more just explaining why sometimes these camp routes shouldn’t be taken for more than what they are. Often on Twitter I see camp “highlights” where a WR takes 2 seconds jabbing left and right before he finally releases. Looks nice, but it’s garbage.

Watch the very first route, by the time he makes his break to the outside we’re at 4 seconds post snap. By the time the ball is out, about 5-5.5 seconds. That won’t fly in pads, in a game. He ran a nice route for sure, but 9/10 it wouldn’t work in a game situation.

What I saw on that tape was quick feet, average speed, small frame, wasted steps on the release, rounded corners on the route, and no tempo/timing on the release. Attacked the ball, average to good hands. A little research and I find out he’s never really played football, homeschooled, ultimate frisbee. Explains a lot. I can see why they’d give him a walk-on as he’s raw and has some natural skills that can be built on. Cousin played in the NFL, was a decent player for a couple years.
All I was commenting on is how quick he is, super fast feet, and looks like he has a knack for getting open. I hope he turns into a star for the Cats some day!
Sorry, I should have clarified because I quoted you.

I wasn’t really talking about what you said, or anybody else. More just a general rant about camp reps in shorts and how much we can/should take from them.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am
grizzh8r wrote:
autocat wrote:

Reality bites?
There is a difference between being brutally honest and being a dick. And I am not so sure about emotionless. He almost always seems to be taking a dig at someone, many times a player. It always rubs me the wrong way.

As for Eddie Casper, I liked what I saw. Quick feet, sharp routes and good hands. Too many moves on the first highlight, but the rest seemed legit. Clearly the staff was impressed as they offered him a PWO.
With all due respect, I once pointed out how a player was shorter and slower than what they listed themselves at, and you went on a month long diatribe about how I’m calling the player a liar, how disrespectful it was, etc.

You think I’m a dick, I think you’re way too sensitive and find a way to take everything as a personal attack.

I try to be honest with what I see. If I think a player is good, I say so. If I see weaknesses, I say so. It’s never about the individual, just the skills. Some people just think if you don’t say, “I think he has a chance to be a star!” that you think a player is awful. Just like the world needs ditch diggers, football teams need role players. All of these guys are exceptional athletes, especially compared to me. It’s about comparing them relative to the competition.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:46 am

For the record, I’d really prefer not to talk about myself here. I know some of you don’t like me, I’m fine with that. Freaking block me. I’m over talking about me. Nobody wants to come in this thread and see this crap. I just want to stick to football, so please, block me or learn how to ignore me, or just keep it to football. Please.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:10 pm

I still can't get over that he said he's a PWO. I don't remember the last time I saw a player say that on Twitter or any news article. We usually have to figure that out (guess) on our own. So I admire and like that about him. It's the little things in life. :)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 am
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:24 am
grizzh8r wrote:
autocat wrote:

Reality bites?

With all due respect, I once pointed out how a player was shorter and slower than what they listed themselves at, and you went on a month long diatribe about how I’m calling the player a liar, how disrespectful it was, etc.

You think I’m a dick, I think you’re way too sensitive and find a way to take everything as a personal attack.

I try to be honest with what I see. If I think a player is good, I say so. If I see weaknesses, I say so. It’s never about the individual, just the skills. Some people just think if you don’t say, “I think he has a chance to be a star!” that you think a player is awful. Just like the world needs ditch diggers, football teams need role players. All of these guys are exceptional athletes, especially compared to me. It’s about comparing them relative to the competition.
I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. Given how many people have taken issue with your “style”, it might prompt you to act a little differently…

As for your analysis, it is almost always critical and seems to be trying to one up the coaches. I don’t get it. I trust the coaches as they are paid professionals. I also don’t understand why you would piss on a kid that our coaches feel like they are worth a risk. Seems like you are just making their jobs harder.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm not to defending 99 but:

1) It can be very difficult to tell the difference between blunt and negative when it comes to internet comments. Especially when the poster doesn't seem to care about how their posts will be received.

2) Unless he's going to in-person QB Club events and calling out coaches for their decisions he's not making their jobs harder. The coaches don't (or definitely shouldn't) check out BN for advice/critiques.

If someone's perspective and/or style bothers you the Foe/Ignore button is a valuable tool. My usage of it has seen a dramatic spike in the last year and a half. There are some users that I don't think bring any value to any conversation. There are others where I might be interested in what they have to say on a topic (sometimes depending on the stage of the conversation) which is why you can still see when a foe posts and then unhide their comment.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:08 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:10 pm
I still can't get over that he said he's a PWO. I don't remember the last time I saw a player say that on Twitter or any news article. We usually have to figure that out (guess) on our own. So I admire and like that about him. It's the little things in life. :)
It's his first offer (and his pinned tweet) so he's probably really excited for the opportunity.

Also, his profile says Football & Ultimate Frisbee. Always good to have a plan B. :lol:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:17 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Would seem to me that it means he's genuinely excited about the opportunity and likely not a Prima Donna. Hope he becomes the next Coy Steel/Kevin Kassis/Mitch Griebel type.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:05 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:08 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
It's his first offer (and his pinned tweet) so he's probably really excited for the opportunity.

Also, his profile says Football & Ultimate Frisbee. Always good to have a plan B. :lol:
Have you seen those professional Frisbee players? They're amazing!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:26 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:01 pm
I'm not to defending 99 but:

1) It can be very difficult to tell the difference between blunt and negative when it comes to internet comments. Especially when the poster doesn't seem to care about how their posts will be received.

2) Unless he's going to in-person QB Club events and calling out coaches for their decisions he's not making their jobs harder. The coaches don't (or definitely shouldn't) check out BN for advice/critiques.

If someone's perspective and/or style bothers you the Foe/Ignore button is a valuable tool. My usage of it has seen a dramatic spike in the last year and a half. There are some users that I don't think bring any value to any conversation. There are others where I might be interested in what they have to say on a topic (sometimes depending on the stage of the conversation) which is why you can still see when a foe posts and then unhide their comment.
Both good points. I would disagree on point 2 to some extent. It is not the coaches that come here, but the parents and recruits that are trying to learn more about the team and fan base.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Any chance we can get this back on track and make it about the recruits and not about the individual posters? Please and thanks.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits)

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Last edited by AFCAT on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:13 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:08 pm
[media] [/media]

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:40 pm