Troy Anderson Update

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Troy Anderson Update

Post by imacat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:58 pm

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Anderson Update

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:34 pm

He's going to be an All-American at LB.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm

Play healthy this fall is what we all want. Defense all year until the cat-griz. In the cat-gizz game. First offensive play from scrimmage, he lines up as QB!. After the griz's only score, a 45 yard field goal, he lines up deep with ifanse to field the kick. Then ifanse gets the ball 5 yards deep and Anderson blocks for him for 105 yards.
Hell ya!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm
Play healthy this fall is what we all want. Defense all year until the cat-griz. In the cat-gizz game. First offensive play from scrimmage, he lines up as QB!. After the griz's only score, a 45 yard field goal, he lines up deep with ifanse to field the kick. Then ifanse gets the ball 5 yards deep and Anderson blocks for him for 105 yards.
Hell ya!
After 6 years without a win against little brother, Hauck gets fired.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Hell ya!
I love it! The cool thing about TA, he can literally practice 100% with the defense, no snaps with the offense, and when we really need that spark, he can come in at RB for any play... take the handoff or snap, follow the blockers, and get to the end zone.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:58 am

Montanabob wrote:
Hell ya!
That won't work. He played defense all last season and Bobby prepared his team for Troy to play QB. They'll be ready for him at QB this year if he plays linebacker all season. :wink:

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:10 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:58 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Hell ya!
I love it! The cool thing about TA, he can literally practice 100% with the defense, no snaps with the offense, and when we really need that spark, he can come in at RB for any play... take the handoff or snap, follow the blockers, and get to the end zone.
I don’t think MSU will “need that spark” very often on offense. Seems like there’s players for every situation that Andersen filled. Short yardage = Jaharie Martin; every down = Ifanse, Sumner, Perry; breakaway = Hosey; among others. Waaaaiiiiit a minute...put him at WR on third and long?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:22 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:10 am
catatac wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Hell ya!
I don’t think MSU will “need that spark” very often on offense. Seems like there’s players for every situation that Andersen filled. Short yardage = Jaharie Martin; every down = Ifanse, Sumner, Perry; breakaway = Hosey; among others. Waaaaiiiiit a minute...put him at WR on third and long?
But it's so fun to f**k with Hauck.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:44 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:10 am
catatac wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
Hell ya!
I hear ya..... and it is so awesome to see the loads of talent we have. However, I don't think there is a player on the team, or probably in the country at the FCS level that is as electric and unique as TA when he runs the ball. 6' 3", 235 lbs, tough as nails, and breakaway elite speed. You just don't see that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Weird though how people insist he needs to be a rb cause it's his only way to be drafted. A wise person once told me that he was a solid 3rd round or higher at lb. Not dropping names.

The article seems to suggest that he is best at lb and in face desires that position.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:32 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:48 pm
Weird though how people insist he needs to be a rb cause it's his only way to be drafted. A wise person once told me that he was a solid 3rd round or higher at lb. Not dropping names.

The article seems to suggest that he is best at lb and in face desires that position.
I’m not disagreeing here but my Gris family members once insisted Jason Crebo was going to declare for the NFL draft after his junior season.

I’ll bump my Troy Andersen thread now but the injuries are a concern for the NFL and he’ll be 23 years old.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:02 pm

I continue to believe that Troy and the QBs will be the biggest beneficiaries of the coaching change.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:13 pm

PapaG wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:32 pm
lutecat wrote:

I’m not disagreeing here but my Gris family members once insisted Jason Crebo was going to declare for the NFL draft after his junior season.

I’ll bump my Troy Andersen thread now but the injuries are a concern for the NFL and he’ll be 23 years old.
And as we armchair speculate, Troy needed to recover from that injury and not playing spring helps. The issue was how long was the ACL injured? Because we all know Troy was a warrior who wanted to play every down, every game, every year and played through a lot of pain. And is it fixed for the long haul. I think the history of the injury and how well he recovers is the issue of if he can stay healthy in the NFL or CFL. Or does he graduate and go back to ranching.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 pm

imacat wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:02 pm
I continue to believe that Troy and the QBs will be the biggest beneficiaries of the coaching change.
Agreed. I’m very intrigued to see how the QBs develop. I expect that to be the biggest area of improvement.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 pm
imacat wrote:
Agreed. I’m very intrigued to see how the QBs develop. I expect that to be the biggest area of improvement.
You guys make an interesting point, intentionally or not. Has our constant in flux QB situation been a problem of lack of recruited talent, or lack of coaching/development? I won't say I was a Rovig FAN last year, as much as a defender. He did what was expected of him, but neither he nor Bauman nor Andersen nor Murray nor Bruggman were going to set the world on fire with their passing refinement. Will be interesting to see what changes come both in coaching and recruiting the QB position with the new staff.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:14 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 pm
imacat wrote:
You guys make an interesting point, intentionally or not. Has our constant in flux QB situation been a problem of lack of recruited talent, or lack of coaching/development? I won't say I was a Rovig FAN last year, as much as a defender. He did what was expected of him, but neither he nor Bauman nor Andersen nor Murray nor Bruggman were going to set the world on fire with their passing refinement. Will be interesting to see what changes come both in coaching and recruiting the QB position with the new staff.
The issue might have been recruiting at the very beginning of the Choate era (Bruggman) but after that it felt more like a coaching/development issue. How does the same guy keep losing the starting job to guys that clearly aren't QBs (Troy) or ready to be a starter (Bauman)?

Vigen's background alone should pull in better recruits and the fact that Housewright and Udy will probably stick around for awhile will provide stability which goes a long way in (not interrupting) development.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:49 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:13 pm
PapaG wrote:
lutecat wrote:

And as we armchair speculate, Troy needed to recover from that injury and not playing spring helps. The issue was how long was the ACL injured? Because we all know Troy was a warrior who wanted to play every down, every game, every year and played through a lot of pain. And is it fixed for the long haul. I think the history of the injury and how well he recovers is the issue of if he can stay healthy in the NFL or CFL. Or does he graduate and go back to ranching.
I’d love to see Troy become an NFL star but he’s already had a lot of injuries in college and his elite talent is his top end speed.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:52 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:49 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:13 pm
PapaG wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I’d love to see Troy become an NFL star but he’s already had a lot of injuries in college and his elite talent is his top end speed.
It all depends on how his medical review at the combine goes. No one outside of the MSU office really knows what kinds and how severe his injuries are. The NFL Combine’s original, and least talked about, purpose is the medical examination given to each player. Players used to jet around to multiple teams to get exams, so the brilliant idea of the combine was born. The drills don’t just test a player’s athleticism, but also reveal any mechanical flaws a player may have either genetic or due to injury.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber