More Bobcat Trivia

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

More Bobcat Trivia

Post by FYI » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:45 pm

FYI...Some of you old timers might remember the name Wally Lemm. Probably didn't know Wally is #73 in all-time "NFL" coaching wins. I say " " because he coached Houston in the old AFL before the merger, and AFL records were blended with established NFL records. He's close behind Bruce Arians and Norm Van Brocklin.
So? So Wally was the head Bobcat basketball coach in the 1950's...and even better, he was the Cats head football coach for a single season.
Oh, and remember Jeff Fisher? 8-[ He's number 11 all time...ahead of Bill Parcells and Mike Holmgren.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: More Bobcat Trivia

Post by imacat » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:52 pm

FYI wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:45 pm
FYI...Some of you old timers might remember the name Wally Lemm. Probably didn't know Wally is #73 in all-time "NFL" coaching wins. I say " " because he coached Houston in the old AFL before the merger, and AFL records were blended with established NFL records. He's close behind Bruce Arians and Norm Van Brocklin.
So? So Wally was the head Bobcat basketball coach in the 1950's...and even better, he was the Cats head football coach for a single season.
Oh, and remember Jeff Fisher? 8-[ He's number 11 all time...ahead of Bill Parcells and Mike Holmgren.
Interesting!!! I find it particularly interesting that he was a basketball coach.

Thanks!