Call me crazy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Call me crazy

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:53 am

lutecat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:40 pm
But is there a chink in the NDSU armor? With a new coach from the NDSU coaching tree, what possibilities do we have?

Who's a believer with me? (Side note, I may be two beers in at Crooked(copper?) Furrow)
Brewers a jagoff but the beer is decent there.

Truth is if NDSU loses another game they're really borderline to make the spring playoffs with how few at large bids there are. Also couple that with how many 1 loss teams there potentially might be on a short season. Now how many people had them missing the playoffs altogether?

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:53 am
lutecat wrote:
But is there a chink in the NDSU armor? With a new coach from the NDSU coaching tree, what possibilities do we have?

Who's a believer with me? (Side note, I may be two beers in at Crooked(copper?) Furrow)

Truth is if NDSU loses another game they're really borderline to make the spring playoffs with how few at large bids there are. Also couple that with how many 1 loss teams there potentially might be on a short season. Now how many people had them missing the playoffs altogether?
I get what you’re saying, but there’s no way a 4-2 NDSU team isn’t in the playoffs.
3-3? That’s a different story, but at 4-2, they’re in, if for no other reason than name alone.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:25 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
lutecat wrote:

I get what you’re saying, but there’s no way a 4-2 NDSU team isn’t in the playoffs.
3-3? That’s a different story, but at 4-2, they’re in, if for no other reason than name alone.
They're actually scheduled to play 8 conference games, and the UCA win in the fall counts too. 7-2 for sure they're in. If they're 6-3 I'm sure they will get in. Unless there's 3 or more other teams from the MVFC that are 6-2 which could very well happen (SIU, UNI, SDSU, UND, Ill St. USD). There's only 16 teams in the playoffs this spring, and 10 auto bids. There's no way the committee gives more than 3 at large bids to one conference. I'd be surprised if they even give that many from any conference. The CAA and BSC are going to having at least 1, if not 2 deserving auto bid teams. The Southland might have a team or 2 that should get an at large spot as well.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:40 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:25 pm
Prodigal Cat wrote:
lutecat wrote:

They're actually scheduled to play 8 conference games, and the UCA win in the fall counts too. 7-2 for sure they're in. If they're 6-3 I'm sure they will get in. Unless there's 3 or more other teams from the MVFC that are 6-2 which could very well happen (SIU, UNI, SDSU, UND, Ill St. USD). There's only 16 teams in the playoffs this spring, and 10 auto bids. There's no way the committee gives more than 3 at large bids to one conference. I'd be surprised if they even give that many from any conference. The CAA and BSC are going to having at least 1, if not 2 deserving auto bid teams. The Southland might have a team or 2 that should get an at large spot as well.
No MSU, no UM, and EWU has a loss to Idaho. Decent chance there aren’t any at large invites from the BSC.