SHAMEFUL

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

SHAMEFUL

Post by autocat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Watching the Eagles and Vandal football game, the two Montana schools so called leaders are weak! If it’s about player safety just end the football program permanently. If it’s about player safety then don’t ever have spring practices again. Give me legit reasons why Montana State and city college are not playing!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: SHAMEFUL

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:48 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Because it’s stupid and makes no sense to play? Wait until just one player loses the fall due to injury, and for what? As Choate called it, the COVID Bowl? It’s meaningless. If you’re that hard up for football, do what I did this morning and cue up the 2019 Cat-griz game (for the 549th time)! 😂

GO CATS GO!!!

autocat

Post by autocat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Injuries :roll: you mean when Travis Jonsen slipped on ice and broke his foot off campus?

Watch a replay, I'm on it :lol:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:39 pm

Well, we had a lot of poor weather over the past month that would have made it very difficult to practice. The Cats didn’t have a head coach. Playing a meaningless spring season and risking injuries to players just doesn’t make sense. The turn around time from the end of the Spring season and the start of a Fall season is too short for the players to properly recover, especially if they are injured. Is that enough for you?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:46 pm

I think it had to be a very tough decision with pros and cons on either side as to whether or not MSU should've played in the Spring. I can't fault them for going with the more conservative option and opting out, especially when player eligibility isn't being lost by waiting until the Fall. With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, I'm not sure if we'd have wanted to see MSU playing today with a head coach and two new coordinators with only a couple weeks on the job. Far from a shameful decision.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:47 pm

I watched the 4th quarter of the SUU @ NAU game. Exciting finish. No, let’s call it a close finish. NAU won on a touchdown pass as the clock ran out from 00:02, following a legitimate pass interference call in the end zone on the previous play. But not exciting at all. The Skydome is pretty listless anyway, but with no crowd at all it was like the proverbial tree falling in the forest. The players were playing, but there was not a feel of intensity. NAU won the Grand Canyon trophy but will anyone really care? If there is ANY CHANCE (and I think it’s a pretty fair one) that the crowds will be back in the stadiums in the fall — then the decision to skip the spring schedule was 1,000% correct.

autocat

Post by autocat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Don't mean to start a fight or call anybody out, just frustrated watching these other teams playing live!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:16 pm

I for one always thought the spring season sucked. The Big Sky pissed down their leg on the fall season. The fbs played, I know we are apples to oranges, but I think they just saw a way to save money. Oh by the way, send us more.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:32 pm

I for one am perfectly happy to watch a whole bunch of fcs games that don't include us. I saw a few guys get hurt today that were playmakers for their teams and that is exactly what we didn't want for any team, and why the spring season is a dumb idea.

By the way, unless NDSU pulls a QB out of their a** before next fall, they're they're going to be a very different team.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 pm

I for one am glad MSU is waiting until the actual football season to play. Spring conference play is bad for so many reasons.

Schedule an easy game or 2 this Spring to increase the allowable practice time and come into Fall bigger, faster, stronger...not beat up from what ultimately will be looked at as an inconsequential, make believe football season.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:23 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm
Watching the Eagles and Vandal football game, the two Montana schools so called leaders are weak! If it’s about player safety just end the football program permanently. If it’s about player safety then don’t ever have spring practices again. Give me legit reasons why Montana State and city college are not playing!
I wish we had football too but where would MSU have practiced 2 weeks ago when it never got above zero degrees for a week???

I knew last Summer when they cancelled Fall football that a Spring season was never going to happen. Not for Montana schools without indoor facilities. I mean, part of me hoped... but its just not possible to practice here consistently in January and February.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:25 pm

For Chrissakes, the field is under a good solid foot of ice. Assuming you can find anyone in Bozeman to even show up, to clear it, that’s 50 dump truck load at $250/load just to clear the field, assuming you can run skidsteers without damaging the turf. And it’s probably prevailing wage, so it’s really more like $400/load.

Who is ponying up $15k to clear the field for a meaningless game on frozen ground with elevated risk of injury to play in a meaningless playoff?

We are already at 250k vaccines administered. Plus 20% of the state is probably carrying antibodies, so half the state should be mostly protected. Fall season should be 100% a go. No reason to play a stupid spring season that almost nobody wanted anyway.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:53 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:37 pm

I would understand if we had fans at the games but with no fans we lose more money we don't have. Travel costs, costs to host a game. Not worth it.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

autocat

Post by autocat » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:57 pm

At this point it would be best to drop the football program, and just have flag football on campus as long as nobody has flu like symptoms, there are no injuries, the field is shoveled, and everybody get to participate!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:58 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:57 pm
At this point it would be best to drop the football program, and just have flag football on campus as long as nobody has flu like symptoms, there are no injuries, the field is shoveled, and everybody get to participate!
Yeah, griz should. And Idaho schools should also be closed.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

bobcat09
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat09 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:01 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm
Well um...how about the fact that construction is going on at the stadium, snow and ice on the field, lastly the biggest thing is the fact that MSU hired a new head coach and a new OC....I find it the time of the hires and implementing their own offensive scheme as well as a new DC who has his own scheme. You try playing football with such little time to learn what could be a new offense or defense.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 am

autocat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:05 pm
Don't mean to start a fight or call anybody out, just frustrated watching these other teams playing live!
Despite my feeling that it might play out better for us in the long run, I understand your frustration. I was pretty unhappy when the PAC-12 cancelled all the pre-season games with the Big Sky, then cancelled their own season which seemed to provide impetus for the Big Sky to do the same, and then turned right around and started playing again. I’m more unhappy that the Big Sky skipped fall football than I am that the Montana schools aren’t participating in the Silly Season. Here’s hoping we come roaring to life over the summer and run over and around all these teams recovering from spring yet. Although as hard as anyone hit during the quarter I watched, I doubt there were many bruises.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 am

autocat wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:05 pm
Hey I get that feeling. It’s how I felt all fall watching all the other big conferences playing football. Some with fans. There is no reason FCS couldn’t play. People have lost their minds.

Here’s to hoping common sense will kick in and we can have a normal season SIX months from now. :roll:

That said, I don’t know how anyone could watch that game yesterday and be jealous. The product sucks. It’s a gimicky, pointless “season”. And it will likely look worse as it progresses. Hell, the REFS weren’t even paying attention! Did you see them miss a field goal?! Like the field goal went through the uprights, but the refs didn’t bother watching so they called it a miss. Then reviewed the play and stuck with the call! :shock:

Absolute joke. Hope to see you all in September.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.fo ... fb51c76929