Cat/griz

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Cat/griz

Post by Bobcatstan » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 pm

I'm not sure, but I believe colter is reporting that cat/griz is to be held in Missoula this year. Hope I'm wrong. I usually am. Just ask my wife

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat/griz

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 pm

Bobcatstan wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 pm
I'm not sure, but I believe colter is reporting that cat/griz is to be held in Missoula this year. Hope I'm wrong. I usually am. Just ask my wife
I trust Colter.

Didn't think there was any way they would do that but I don't mind. Love the game in Missoula.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Sounds like they are just using the 2020 conference schedule instead of the 2021 one, pushing it back so to speak.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Those losers on the other side of the state must have been whining to the BSC about losing the game and got them to reset back to 2020.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Those losers on the other side of the state must have been whining to the BSC about losing the game and got them to reset back to 2020.
Now THEY'RE the ones that need to cross fingers we don't still have asinine restrictions come November!

Regardless of time gone by, vaccines, etc., I'm not convinced football is going to be "normal" this fall. [-o<

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm

coloradocat wrote:
If the tables were reversed, you'd do the same thing, and you know it. Loser.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm
coloradocat wrote:
If the tables were reversed, you'd do the same thing, and you know it. Loser.
OH YEA!
YEA!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 pm

FTG.

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:43 pm

:lol: FTC!!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:25 pm
Sounds like they are just using the 2020 conference schedule instead of the 2021 one, pushing it back so to speak.
It’s been changed here for a day.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/football/schedule

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Can’t wait to kick their ass in zootown!!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm

One way to look at it is that we get 7 home games. We’ve owned their asses in wagriz.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:53 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 pm
One way to look at it is that we get 7 home games. We’ve owned their asses in wagriz.
THIS, all day! =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:53 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
Yep, specially if they don't allow fans which unfortunately may be a real possibility.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Yep, specially if they don't allow fans which unfortunately may be a real possibility.
Personally, I'm pretty confident that we'll have full stadiums by this November. Really doesn't matter for Cat-griz though. 25,000 fans silenced by another loss to the Cats is just as quiet as 0 fans. :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:51 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm
catatac wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Personally, I'm pretty confident that we'll have full stadiums by this November. Really doesn't matter for Cat-griz though. 25,000 fans silenced by another loss to the Cats is just as quiet as 0 fans. :lol:
Praying you're right.

I booked rooms in Missoula last night. It's not that I don't think they SHOULD allow fans and max-capacity; it's that I'm not confident in those making these big decisions. I also think it's safe for schools to be open. And bars to be open later than 10, (And now midnight) And for people to wear masks if they want without a mandate by the health department.

There has been a lot that hasn't made sense all the time. Still forcing people to wear masks, "social distance", limited capacity in stadiums, and no tailgating after almost two years and a vaccine would be par for the course in my opinion.

And I would disagree with every one of those restrictions! What in the hell would we need a vaccine for if after it is available to all people we still have restrictions. Trying to wrap my head around that but I'll wait to get angry until we cross that bridge! :wink:

HookedOnGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by HookedOnGriz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:36 pm

coloradocat wrote:
I posted this on Egriz because I don’t think the majority of people realize this.....if the conference didn’t make this move it means UM would have gone 4 years straight without hosting. Last game they hosted was 2018. Financial implications if that are huge.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:51 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
catatac wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Praying you're right.

I booked rooms in Missoula last night. It's not that I don't think they SHOULD allow fans and max-capacity; it's that I'm not confident in those making these big decisions. I also think it's safe for schools to be open. And bars to be open later than 10, (And now midnight) And for people to wear masks if they want without a mandate by the health department.

There has been a lot that hasn't made sense all the time. Still forcing people to wear masks, "social distance", limited capacity in stadiums, and no tailgating after almost two years and a vaccine would be par for the course in my opinion.

And I would disagree with every one of those restrictions! What in the hell would we need a vaccine for if after it is available to all people we still have restrictions. Trying to wrap my head around that but I'll wait to get angry until we cross that bridge! :wink:
I wouldn’t be surprised, for this fall, if masks were still required at games. Now, enforcing that in a full stadium would be even more difficult than trying to keep people from sneaking in alcohol, so...

I sure hope we can have unlimited capacity by this fall. I think it depends on how vaccinations go this spring/summer. People choosing not to get them will have devastating consequences. We are a few weeks away from getting caught up on vaccine deliveries, so by May/June, all adults should have the opportunity to get vaccinated. Still waiting on research results to come out for younger children, as those studies just started in December, but my guess is they won’t find any significant risks with vaccinating kids, so hopefully by the start of school in the fall, kids should have the chance to get vaccinated too. Even right now, it looks like the consensus is that if teachers are vaccinated, schools should be safe to reopen fully, and if triple down on that if kids are vaccinated as well. All that happens, I can’t see a logical (yeah, I know) reason why we can’t be allowed to tailgate, pack the stadium, etc. They’ll still likely try to get people to wear masks, but obviously once the game gets going, that’s not going to happen. And even as a pretty hardcore pro-mask, pro-shutdown guy, I’m 100% in favor of that - assuming we have a high percentage of people getting their vaccine.

GO CATS GO!!!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
catatac wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Praying you're right.

I wouldn’t be surprised, for this fall, if masks were still required at games. Now, enforcing that in a full stadium would be even more difficult than trying to keep people from sneaking in alcohol, so...

I sure hope we can have unlimited capacity by this fall. I think it depends on how vaccinations go this spring/summer. People choosing not to get them will have devastating consequences. We are a few weeks away from getting caught up on vaccine deliveries, so by May/June, all adults should have the opportunity to get vaccinated. Still waiting on research results to come out for younger children, as those studies just started in December, but my guess is they won’t find any significant risks with vaccinating kids, so hopefully by the start of school in the fall, kids should have the chance to get vaccinated too. Even right now, it looks like the consensus is that if teachers are vaccinated, schools should be safe to reopen fully, and if triple down on that if kids are vaccinated as well. All that happens, I can’t see a logical (yeah, I know) reason why we can’t be allowed to tailgate, pack the stadium, etc. They’ll still likely try to get people to wear masks, but obviously once the game gets going, that’s not going to happen. And even as a pretty hardcore pro-mask, pro-shutdown guy, I’m 100% in favor of that - assuming we have a high percentage of people getting their vaccine.
And my question would be if one has had the vaccination why should they wear a mask?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:38 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
catatac wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
Praying you're right.

And my question would be if one has had the vaccination why should they wear a mask?
Experts,defined as drips under pressure 🤓, say masks are for others in case you’re sick. However same experts don’t know if vaccinated individuals can spread the virus. :-k