Hout is out.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3719
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Hout is out.

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:44 pm



QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by imacat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:49 pm

All the best Coach Hout. Thank you for your contributions to Bobcat football.

This is the part of the business I do not like.



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by catscat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:55 pm

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes and good luck for your future Coach Hout.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7789
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 pm

Really tight position group so I don't expect much attrition but Byron was a player-favorite for sure. Choate gave him his first position coach gig and his defensive lines got better every year. In my opinion, Bryon has the chops to be a mid-tier FBS DL coach right now.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Common Cat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2287
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Spokane

Re: Hout is out.

Post by Common Cat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm

This one hurts for me. Was this Byron moving on, or being let go?


@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by imacat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:11 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:58 pm
This one hurts for me. Was this Byron moving on, or being let go?
I certainly hope it was Byron's choice.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10729
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by wbtfg » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:20 pm

Hout was a big time time Choate guy, so not totally surprising. I wonder if he ends up at texas as an analyst, similar to what Kane did at UW.

That said, I hear we are bringing in a power 5 guy...I assume a d-analyst.



superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by superbobcat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:31 pm

Thank you for a job well done, Coach Hout! Your kids always played hard. Best of luck in your next position.



coochorama42
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by coochorama42 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:32 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:20 pm
Hout was a big time time Choate guy, so not totally surprising. I wonder if he ends up at texas as an analyst, similar to what Kane did at UW.

That said, I hear we are bringing in a power 5 guy...I assume a d-analyst.
Do tell more...



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7164
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Hout is out.

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:44 pm

Coach Hout was a great guy. Randomly met him in the Brick a couple years ago when my wife and I were wandering through, hoping for an up close glimpse of the Great Divide trophy. He stopped and talked to us and went out of his way to help us look around for it. Seemed like a genuinely nice dude.

Thank you and good luck, Coach Hout!


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

Bocephus
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by Bocephus » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Unfortunately for Hout, Vigen needs quite a few of his own guys to create his own culture. Or he might be butting heads with Choate’s guys all day. Nature of the business I guess. Best of luck to Hout.



User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6560
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Hout is out.

Post by PapaG » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:53 am

What an unexpectedly Blount ending to his Bobcat coaching career.

Best of luck to him.


Greg K.

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6108
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Hout is out.

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:10 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:53 am
What an unexpectedly Blount ending to his Bobcat coaching career.

Best of luck to him.
Image


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
tdub
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1386
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Hout is out.

Post by tdub » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:47 am

Sometimes in life you take one on the chin. You just gotta roll with the punches.


Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6528
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by catatac » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm
Unfortunately for Hout, Vigen needs quite a few of his own guys to create his own culture. Or he might be butting heads with Choate’s guys all day. Nature of the business I guess. Best of luck to Hout.
Broken record here but again I'll bang my drum about the culture thing. Vigen does not need to create a different culture or bring in guys with their own culture. If they want to create a culture that is different than what is already established in terms of the fundamental principles (give 100% all the time in the classroom, community, and on the field, play for your brothers and not self, get better every day, etc. - the list goes on) then so be it. I don't think that would be a good idea. I think he'll want to have his guys in there and establish perhaps a somewhat different identity as a team but this is more about the X's and O's and not really a culture thing IMO.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:30 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm
Unfortunately for Hout, Vigen needs quite a few of his own guys to create his own culture. Or he might be butting heads with Choate’s guys all day. Nature of the business I guess. Best of luck to Hout.
Broken record here but again I'll bang my drum about the culture thing. Vigen does not need to create a different culture or bring in guys with their own culture. If they want to create a culture that is different than what is already established in terms of the fundamental principles (give 100% all the time in the classroom, community, and on the field, play for your brothers and not self, get better every day, etc. - the list goes on) then so be it. I don't think that would be a good idea. I think he'll want to have his guys in there and establish perhaps a somewhat different identity as a team but this is more about the X's and O's and not really a culture thing IMO.
If you want Vigen to succeed, as an AD, you gotta let him do it his way.



BobcANON
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Re: Hout is out.

Post by BobcANON » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:43 pm

Win or go home. With stakes this high for himself and MSU he'd be a fool not bring in "his" guys even if for nothing else than to make himself more comfortable and his staff more predictable. Culture is the shadow of leaders


"Ever feel like you're at a knife fight wielding a d*ill doe made out of American cheese?" - Griz Nation

User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1716
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Hout is out.

Post by RobertCats » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Hout retweeted a bunch of things regarding Idaho State tonight, is that where he ended up?



imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Hout is out.

Post by imacat » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:13 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:13 pm
Hout retweeted a bunch of things regarding Idaho State tonight, is that where he ended up?
Possibly something brewing? He is not currently listed.



Post Reply