MSU's Next Offensive Coordinator

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU's Next Offensive Coordinator

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:10 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:07 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:02 pm
Rovig is tall, with an average arm and limited movement skills.

McKay has a slightly above average arm and very good mobility. He’s tall, but not real thick.

Bauman has excellent size, a huge arm, limited accuracy and just okay movement skills. I have yet to see him play to his supposed athleticism.

I’m not sure any of these guys are a lot like what Vigen has had in the past, but McKay is the most similar and most skilled, in my opinion.
I know Mellott isn't quite the same size wise as those guys, but athletically he's pretty dang close. I have no idea if he'd be ready in 21 but could he be the perfect QB for Vigen?
I think people talk about size too much when it comes to QB’s, but Mellott is smaller than the QB’s Vigen has used before.

Will Mellott be able to run what Vigen wants to? Seems like Vigen likes to be under center, use play action, boots, power run, control the ball, be able to take shots downfield. From what I’ve seen of Mellott, that’s not really his game. So much depends on how players develop, and if Vigen is going to be rigid or flexible with what he runs. Only time will tell.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:09 pm

https://twitter.com/Coach__House

Housewright has made it official on his Twitter profile.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:51 pm

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."