First Game of the Fall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat80
BobcatNation Letterman

First Game of the Fall

Post by Bobcat80 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:01 am

Did anybody else notice the first game of the Vigen era is in Laramie against Wyoming?

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: First Game of the Fall

Post by rivercat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:14 am

I did. I think the Cats will have a damn good scouting report.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 am

I was already considering making the drive. Go through Island Park, Alpine, and then past the Wind River range and across on 70.

I was feeling like it was a winnable game even before the Choate stuff and with an FBS win it would put the Cat's in the top 5. Could really set up a fun season. Still like it.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:34 am

I'll be there if they let us in the stadium.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:23 am
I was already considering making the drive. Go through Island Park, Alpine, and then past the Wind River range and across on 70.

I was feeling like it was a winnable game even before the Choate stuff and with an FBS win it would put the Cat's in the top 5. Could really set up a fun season. Still like it.
Cool drive. I’ve been plan on making the trip since I heard we were playing the Pokes.
I felt like with Choate and Miller the game was very winnable. Now I’m in the position of pretty much everybody else, wait and see. (cautiously optimistic)
With new coaches it’s not just their coaching style and ability, it is more importantly how that ability transitions to the attitude of the team.
Add to the situation is not playing for a year.

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Does WY sell out games? That might be a good trip to take if chance of ticket is high.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm
Does WY sell out games? That might be a good trip to take if chance of ticket is high.
Lots of seats available for FCS games.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 pm
lutecat wrote:
Sweet. I'll be there then.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:00 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:10 pm
Montanabob wrote:
lutecat wrote:
Sweet. I'll be there then.
Just checked a few hotels, econloodge at $72 and a couple more in the $200 nightly range.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 pm

Already booked a room at the Super 8. Hopefully they let us in the stadium by then.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 pm

We went down there-I guess it was 2003. I think it was Joe Glenn's first game as their coach and Lulay was a sophomore. There was plenty of room in the stadium. We encountered the heaviest rain storm of my life driving back towards Denver after the game. It's a pretty easy road trip-I highly recommend it.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:52 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 pm
We went down there-I guess it was 2003. I think it was Joe Glenn's first game as their coach and Lulay was a sophomore. There was plenty of room in the stadium. We encountered the heaviest rain storm of my life driving back towards Denver after the game. It's a pretty easy road trip-I highly recommend it.
We made that trip too. It was a great drive, and we took a couple of days to meander through Yellowstone.
If I remember right, the rainstorm started during the 2nd half of the game. The parking lot was pure mud.
That was my first time staying over night in Laramie - I'm glad I don't live there.

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:47 am

This will be my first trip to Laramie if it all works out. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is my wife forcing me to stop in Chugwater again. The chili isn't bad, but I think world's best is a bit of a stretch. I think we'll take a few extra days so we can swing through the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins again. They give lots of samples on the free tour!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am

A big concern with any game days in Laramie is they dont have enough motels. I would get on this ASAP to try and find one with any availability. I think a lot of people stay in Cheyenne.

Hating the griz since 02.

Prodigal Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Prodigal Cat » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 am

D-Wreck wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:47 am
This will be my first trip to Laramie if it all works out. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is my wife forcing me to stop in Chugwater again. The chili isn't bad, but I think world's best is a bit of a stretch. I think we'll take a few extra days so we can swing through the New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins again. They give lots of samples on the free tour!
Its about 20min from New Belgium in Greeley but Weldworks is a rocket ship in the brewing industry. They do some crazy barrel aged, sour, and New England style beers. Its a reason why I am seriously considering going to the Wyoming AND UNC game. My wife LOVES WW and if I bring some back she is all for me going. Check em out.

Brewer/Owner Copper Furrow Brewing

D-Wreck

Post by D-Wreck » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:23 am

Prodigal Cat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:21 am
D-Wreck wrote:
Its about 20min from New Belgium in Greeley but Weldworks is a rocket ship in the brewing industry. They do some crazy barrel aged, sour, and New England style beers. Its a reason why I am seriously considering going to the Wyoming AND UNC game. My wife LOVES WW and if I bring some back she is all for me going. Check em out.
Will do! Thanks for the suggestion. Usually doesn't take too much torque on my arm to get me to a new brewery. :suds:

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Montanabob wrote:
lutecat wrote:
I would bet there will be better attendance at this game versus a Fresno State. Game attendance is okay, but never sold out. Only game I can think of recently truly selling out was Nebraska 2011 (you couldn’t find a ticket). Homecoming is around 20-22K. Tickets are pretty easy to get for most games.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:46 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
That's a cool name, homage to Weld County!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:41 pm

Prodigal Cat wrote:
D-Wreck wrote:
Definitely go! Haven't checked the Rockies schedule yet but I'd suggest going to Hayter's in LoDo "on the way back." Mike is a great Cat fan and his place has all kind of Bobcat gear in it and it's only a little ways from Coors Field.

The history of the Chugwater Chili? Pretty neat story.

Thing I like about going to those games is getting to catch some damn nice fish and not be elbow to elbow with guides and tourists. In fact, the South Platte in downtown Denver is full of nice fish and nobody fishes it and all the streams around Laramie you can have all to yourself like the East Gallatin used to be...