Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3626
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by AFCAT » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 pm
I started at MSU in 2002. Before then I had no ties to any school in MT. The only thing I knew was how annoying that griz radio announcer was. I didn't live through the streak and hadn't even heard of the streak until Cat/griz week of 2002. I somehow scored tickets to the game. Have only missed one since then (Miracle in Missoula), because watching the games with my Mom is more important than ensuring I go to every Cat/griz until I die. With all that said, I absolutely hate the griz. I hate the color maroon. And just seeing a griz license plate causes an inevitable slight swerve towards said vehicle while I'm passing. Somehow I married a griz and its undoubtedly the biggest issue in our marriage. Would I rather beat the griz than make the playoffs? I dont know. On years we make the playoffs but lose to the griz the playoffs dont feel right and it shows in attendance. Call me selfish, but we should never lose to um if we are title contenders. I wish there was six quarters last year and we continued to beat the SH!T out of those aholes. I loved the ESGGCG chant as the fans stormed the field last year. It was wonderful. It should have been on repeat. I will never forget Delaneys(sp?) last game in WaGriz. They beat us and then continued to rub it in our faces by turning the lights off, a fireworks show and the show went on and on. To hell with the dark pink. I do wish bad things upon them. I do hope they lose every game. So yes, I hate them. With every bone in my body. Its not an either or to me, you beat the griz and then you win the natty. And if at all possible, you beat the griz the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then you beat the crap out of them somewhere in the playoffs again and then win the natty.
That's funny, I have actually gone in to look at homes that I was thinking about purchasing, saw griz paraphernalia in the home, and turned around and walked out.

Image
Last edited by AFCAT on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5003
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:44 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 pm
I started at MSU in 2002. Before then I had no ties to any school in MT. The only thing I knew was how annoying that griz radio announcer was. I didn't live through the streak and hadn't even heard of the streak until Cat/griz week of 2002. I somehow scored tickets to the game. Have only missed one since then (Miracle in Missoula), because watching the games with my Mom is more important than ensuring I go to every Cat/griz until I die. With all that said, I absolutely hate the griz. I hate the color maroon. And just seeing a griz license plate causes an inevitable slight swerve towards said vehicle while I'm passing. Somehow I married a griz and its undoubtedly the biggest issue in our marriage. Would I rather beat the griz than make the playoffs? I dont know. On years we make the playoffs but lose to the griz the playoffs dont feel right and it shows in attendance. Call me selfish, but we should never lose to um if we are title contenders. I wish there was six quarters last year and we continued to beat the SH!T out of those aholes. I loved the ESGGCG chant as the fans stormed the field last year. It was wonderful. It should have been on repeat. I will never forget Delaneys(sp?) last game in WaGriz. They beat us and then continued to rub it in our faces by turning the lights off, a fireworks show and the show went on and on. To hell with the dark pink. I do wish bad things upon them. I do hope they lose every game. So yes, I hate them. With every bone in my body. Its not an either or to me, you beat the griz and then you win the natty. And if at all possible, you beat the griz the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then you beat the crap out of them somewhere in the playoffs again and then win the natty.
I like you.



User avatar
coloradocat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by coloradocat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm

It seems very appropriate that we've now hijacked the thread about Vigen becoming the head coach with a Cat-griz vs National Championship debate for 2+ pages. :D


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7781
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:55 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm
It seems very appropriate that we've now hijacked the thread about Vigen becoming the head coach with a Cat-griz vs National Championship debate for 2+ pages. :D
Image


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CodyCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 840
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Cody, WY

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by CodyCat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm
It seems very appropriate that we've now hijacked the thread about Vigen becoming the head coach with a Cat-griz vs National Championship debate for 2+ pages. :D
We could discuss validity of masks???


Hating the griz since 02.

User avatar
94VegasCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am
Location: Front row seat to the dumpster fire!

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:17 pm

I grew up in the Gallatin Valley and graduated from MSU in 1994. In my family, us youngsters weren’t allowed to go to Cat-griz until we were 14 due to all the niceties being exchanged in the stands when our parents attended. We’ve had the same season tickets since 1983. The Streak SUCKED BALLS. Every single year of it SUCKED BALLS. Even after splitting the last twenty years, it still SUCKED BALLS.

The way I see it, beating the griz, winning the BSC Title, and winning the National Title all go together. Unfortunately them douchers are generally a pretty good football team and in contention. Winning the conference and losing to them don’t work, most of the time. 1983 and 1985 it was the only thing that kept those seasons from being total disasters. I love the FTG chant and love the EAT $HIT grizzlies, GO CATS GO chant as well and I’ll never soften up on that stance. F that! I’d cheer for the Iraqi team over them $hitbags. If we lose to them and make the playoffs, Coach Vigen better get our team regrouped and finish the grind and compete like heck to win it all. Those three goals aren't mutually exclusive but probably need to go hand in hand.

FTG


My wife teases me about my man crush on Choate.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5003
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm
It seems very appropriate that we've now hijacked the thread about Vigen becoming the head coach with a Cat-griz vs National Championship debate for 2+ pages. :D
We could discuss validity of masks???
Good point. Or update the death ticker every day like we used to. 8)



User avatar
coloradocat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by coloradocat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm

As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.

Now that the streak is so far in the past and we have shown we can dominate them, rather than just squeaking out wins, I'll take a national championship. I don't think a streak of more than 5-6 years is healthy for the rivalry but I definitely never want to lose at home. If we have to lose a game now and then I'd rather be in the bar than the stands.


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4198
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:24 pm
Griz fans are so insistent that the only, or most important, thing that matters to Cat fans is beating the Griz, that they'll set up fake accounts here and pose as Cat fans just to prove it.
They don’t need to do that.

There are plenty of Cat fans that believe the only thing that matters is beating the Griz.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7781
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:50 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.

Now that the streak is so far in the past and we have shown we can dominate them, rather than just squeaking out wins, I'll take a national championship. I don't think a streak of more than 5-6 years is healthy for the rivalry but I definitely never want to lose at home. If we have to lose a game now and then I'd rather be in the bar than the stands.
Much easier to lose when your closer to booze. Agreed.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10422
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Upper Northwest WA
Contact:

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:50 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.

Now that the streak is so far in the past and we have shown we can dominate them, rather than just squeaking out wins, I'll take a national championship. I don't think a streak of more than 5-6 years is healthy for the rivalry but I definitely never want to lose at home. If we have to lose a game now and then I'd rather be in the bar than the stands.
Much easier to lose when your closer to booze. Agreed.
Image


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WyoCowboy
New Recruit
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by WyoCowboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Wyoming guy through and through here. You guys got a great coach and Better man in Coach Vigen! Excited to watch what happens up in Bozeman and best of luck besides Sept. 4th!



User avatar
coloradocat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 955
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by coloradocat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:50 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.

Now that the streak is so far in the past and we have shown we can dominate them, rather than just squeaking out wins, I'll take a national championship. I don't think a streak of more than 5-6 years is healthy for the rivalry but I definitely never want to lose at home. If we have to lose a game now and then I'd rather be in the bar than the stands.
Much easier to lose when your closer to booze. Agreed.
Image
:suds:


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7781
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:59 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:50 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.

Now that the streak is so far in the past and we have shown we can dominate them, rather than just squeaking out wins, I'll take a national championship. I don't think a streak of more than 5-6 years is healthy for the rivalry but I definitely never want to lose at home. If we have to lose a game now and then I'd rather be in the bar than the stands.
Much easier to lose when your closer to booze. Agreed.
Image
I'd like a cut of the sales when these shirts sell like hot cakes after the next Cat/Griz loss!


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6835
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
As much as I loved the Beatdown in Bozeman I can't imagine how it must have felt for the guys that were in the stands for most/all of the streak.
The good feeling was almost indescribable. Sure we've beaten them plenty of times since the streak ended, but always it was close-always within one score. The beatdown game was such a liberating feeling. I couldn't believe it was happening and kept waiting for us to blow the lead-even well into the 4th quarter...but we just kept scoring. Oh my gosh-what a day that was.



User avatar
CatBot
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by CatBot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 pm

I think the data analysis would show a very strong correlation with living through the streak and ranking a beat down of dUMb highest on the list of goals.



Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8626
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm






User avatar
84CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:59 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:37 pm
I started at MSU in 2002. Before then I had no ties to any school in MT. The only thing I knew was how annoying that griz radio announcer was. I didn't live through the streak and hadn't even heard of the streak until Cat/griz week of 2002. I somehow scored tickets to the game. Have only missed one since then (Miracle in Missoula), because watching the games with my Mom is more important than ensuring I go to every Cat/griz until I die. With all that said, I absolutely hate the griz. I hate the color maroon. And just seeing a griz license plate causes an inevitable slight swerve towards said vehicle while I'm passing. Somehow I married a griz and its undoubtedly the biggest issue in our marriage. Would I rather beat the griz than make the playoffs? I dont know. On years we make the playoffs but lose to the griz the playoffs dont feel right and it shows in attendance. Call me selfish, but we should never lose to um if we are title contenders. I wish there was six quarters last year and we continued to beat the SH!T out of those aholes. I loved the ESGGCG chant as the fans stormed the field last year. It was wonderful. It should have been on repeat. I will never forget Delaneys(sp?) last game in WaGriz. They beat us and then continued to rub it in our faces by turning the lights off, a fireworks show and the show went on and on. To hell with the dark pink. I do wish bad things upon them. I do hope they lose every game. So yes, I hate them. With every bone in my body. Its not an either or to me, you beat the griz and then you win the natty. And if at all possible, you beat the griz the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then you beat the crap out of them somewhere in the playoffs again and then win the natty.
That's funny, I have actually gone in to look at homes that I was thinking about purchasing, saw griz paraphernalia in the home, and turned around and walked out.

Image
A man of principle. I salute you.



User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1437
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:38 pm
Wow...I never put together the Gus Bradley/Kelly Bradley connection. Vigen said Gus (coached Brent at NDSU before he moved up) gave him advice on taking the job at MSU. Gus is the DC for the LV Raiders and of course was the head coach down in Jacksonville. And I had no clue he was former MSU QB Kelly Bradley's brother.
Amazing! Living in Nevada now I’ve been struggling a bit to become a Raider’s fan. This will help.



User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: Sitting on the hill looking at the Adriatic!

Re: Brent Vigen - New Bobcat Head Coach

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:01 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 pm
I think we can all agree 2019 was the most cathartic football game of our Bobcat lives, no matter when you started rooting for the Cats, how you feel about the rivalry, we hadn't beat them handily in a long, long time and man that felt GOOD. It was like 35 years of frustration vented out in one glorious Saturday.
That was completely satisfying on so many levels! But, that win was so decisive that it has last 2 years, which makes it twice as satisfying. I have griz relatives and they have been dying to get that taste out of their mouths for the past 2 years...but it just doesn't go away!



Post Reply