Moving forward - Trust the process.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Moving forward - Trust the process.

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Not sure if anyone will agree but the way I see it, Ash got us out of the shadow of our own goalpost. Choate took the reins and drove us past midfield down to the 35. Now we need a guy that can punch it in from there.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm

94VegasCat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:49 pm
Not sure if anyone will agree but the way I see it, Ash got us out of the shadow of our own goalpost. Choate took the reins and drove us past midfield down to the 35. Now we need a guy that can punch it in from there.
Why would no one agree with that? I 100% agree with you.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:08 pm

VimSince03 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 pm
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:49 pm
Why would no one agree with that? I 100% agree with you.
The last 35 yards is the hardest!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:32 pm

I have a vastly different scale than you. I think he got us closer to the IH rrrred zone.🏁

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:51 pm

Or Hysell got us to the 15 yard line; Kramer moved it to the 50, but we got sacked for 20 yards; Ash got us down to the other 30 yard line, but a fumble (we recovered our own fumble) set us back 30 yards; Choate got us back to the Red Zone. Can the new hire punch it in?

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 pm

catbooster wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:51 pm
Or Hysell got us to the 15 yard line; Kramer moved it to the 50, but we got sacked for 20 yards; Ash got us down to the other 30 yard line, but a fumble (we recovered our own fumble) set us back 30 yards; Choate got us back to the Red Zone. Can the new hire punch it in?
I thought about going with Hysell and Kramer but I think Kramer’s departure kind of left us in some disarray. Not as much Big Earle but had to get a guy that could rebuild the foundation for sure.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm

allcat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:32 pm
I have a vastly different scale than you. I think he got us closer to the IH rrrred zone.🏁
I remember going to one of the playoff games and being pissed that our announcer wasn't allowed to do that call. I wasn't the only one that yelled it out a couple times.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm

In my opinion, Cliff Hysell does not get enough credit for what he accomplished. He got the Cats back into the game - recruiting Montana. Earle did not believe in recruiting Montana, alienated the high school coaches and gave the entire state to the griz which was one of the reasons they were able to dominate the BSC and run up the streak. Hysell had to do a LOT of fence mending with Montana high schools.

Kramer, Ash and Choate built on this. Making Montana athletes their top priority.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:28 pm

imacat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm
In my opinion, Cliff Hysell does not get enough credit for what he accomplished. He got the Cats back into the game - recruiting Montana. Earle did not believe in recruiting Montana, alienated the high school coaches and gave the entire state to the griz which was one of the reasons they were able to dominate the BSC and run up the streak. Hysell had to do a LOT of fence mending with Montana high schools.

Kramer, Ash and Choate built on this. Making Montana athletes their top priority.
The Cats slashed their football budget in the mid-late 1980s (remember having to play schools like Florida to make up the gap?), the griz built their new stadium, Earle was hired, and the rest is history.

Oh, and don't forget the QB club that helped level the finance playing field. That was critical.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
β€œIn the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got fβ€”ing both!” β€” Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:53 pm

imacat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm

Agreed. MSU was starting to get competitive, then maybe took a little step back in Hysell's last year. But the program wasn't a joke anymore in Montana. The Cats were damn close to ending the streak in 97 and 98 under Cliff.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 pm

coloradocat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm
I remember going to one of the playoff games and being pissed that our announcer wasn't allowed to do that call. I wasn't the only one that yelled it out a couple times.
meh I'm not much of a case IH guy so I was ok with it. :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 pm
Somehow it doesn't sound right if you said John Deere red zone.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 pm
I have talked to a few people in and around Bozeman, I think it should be the Volvo Equipment Red Zone. They are the sponsor of the TV show Gold Rush (perfect fit), and have put on quite a Gold Rush show at Boise State (they brought in heavy equipment all logoed up with "Gold Rush" as well as a few of the cast of the TV program). The President of Construction for Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona told me the Montana Volvo dealers would have to step up.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:53 pm

St George wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm
I have talked to a few people in and around Bozeman, I think it should be the Volvo Equipment Red Zone. They are the sponsor of the TV show Gold Rush (perfect fit), and have put on quite a Gold Rush show at Boise State (they brought in heavy equipment all logoed up with "Gold Rush" as well as a few of the cast of the TV program). The President of Construction for Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona told me the Montana Volvo dealers would have to step up.
Negative. MSU needs and should be proud of it's Ag roots. I've long advocated for a good strong audio clip of someone revving the throttle of a CDC (Cummins) 5.9l or 8.3l Turbo Diesel engine when the right after everyone yell RED ZONE!. Nothing like hearing the turbo spool up and whine

Example:

@BethanyCordell , can you possibly make this happen? I feel it would be well received by the many farmers/ranchers,engineers, wrench heads and kids (among others) that are in the crowd on gamedays. Go to about the 1:50 mark to see what I mean.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:21 pm

Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 pm
I thought about going with Hysell and Kramer but I think Kramer’s departure kind of left us in some disarray. Not as much Big Earle but had to get a guy that could rebuild the foundation for sure.
So with this analogy, would it be safe to assume that the program under Earle was a strip-sack fumble recovered in the end zone by the opposing team for a TD???

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:44 pm

grizzh8r wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:53 pm
Negative. MSU needs and should be proud of it's Ag roots. I've long advocated for a good strong audio clip of someone revving the throttle of a CDC (Cummins) 5.9l or 8.3l Turbo Diesel engine when the right after everyone yell RED ZONE!. Nothing like hearing the turbo spool up and whine

Example:

@BethanyCordell , can you possibly make this happen? I feel it would be well received by the many farmers/ranchers,engineers, wrench heads and kids (among others) that are in the crowd on gamedays. Go to about the 1:50 mark to see what I mean.
This is in relation to Case IH Red Zone. I thought it was interesting.

https://www.learfield.com/2013/07/learf ... onsorship/

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Camo_Cat wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:21 pm
So with this analogy, would it be safe to assume that the program under Earle was a strip-sack fumble recovered in the end zone by the opposing team for a TD???
Yes, and the ensuing kickoff had us starting from the one inch line. Hysell gained some ground despite not having a full playbook since he was against the goal line, but then he got pulled due to injury.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Camo_Cat wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:21 pm
or this?

or perhaps this?

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Example:

Aaaaauuuuuuuuddddddiiiii red zone!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 pm

lutecat wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Example:

Aaaaauuuuuuuuddddddiiiii red zone!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: