Matt Lubick

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Matt Lubick

Post by rivercat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:26 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:53 pm
lutecat wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:35 pm
This is how they let people save face when they don't get the job. They didn't lose out to someone else. They decided to stay where they are.
I don’t know, I think you’re right about that sometimes but word on the street with this particular one is he was definitely offered the job.
This probably played into Matt's mind, but will Frost be the head coach after next season? So far three seasons in a row he has had a losing record. You have to go back to 1961 for that many losing seasons in a row at Nebraska. Not sure the administration, boosters and fans will tolerate four in a row...
My fishing buddy was a die hard Husker fan. Frost is beloved by the boosters and fans due to his 24-2 record at qb, the undefeated 1996 season, and a national championship at NE. I think he gets a couple more years grace period as long as there record doesn't get worse.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:43 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 am
This 'committee' seems to be throwing roadblocks in its own way, requiring the incoming coach to keep anyone(if true). They could have just promoted from within and moved on. National search is a joke. If any candidate knew this requirement up front, would they have actually be interested? Doing anything by committee is a guarantee of failure, so this 'trust the committee' is stupidity. But, it's o.k. with me, YOU ARE THE SCATS, so keep on phucking up. More power to ya. Now it's Up With Montana, Down With the Foe... :-^ \:D/
This post is funny on several levels. It's just not accurate.

First, committees are pretty common in the hiring process these days all over the country. Of course UM didn't use one when they brought back the messiah, and that was probably pretty wise. Can you imagine if any members of the "committee" weren't of the belief that Hauck walks on water in Missoula? They'd be run out of town. When it was so blatantly obvious that he was apparently the only coach for the griz, why use a committee?

We used the same practice for our last football coach, basketball coaches, and our volleyball coach if I'm not mistaken. You'd have to point out to me where these four coaches are displaying a "guarantee of failure".

And at no time did Leon or anyone else say that it was a requirement of an incoming coach to retain current staff. He said that retaining certain staff was a priority in the hiring process. If he believed the ONLY way to do that would be by hiring within, he would have hired within. However, that doesn't meant that an outside hire would be forced to keep any of them. It also left the door open for the new guy in charge to interview current staff and let their resumes talk for them. We have some great members of our staff right now, and some fantastic recruiters. Regardless of who is hired, I fully expect some key members of our current staff to remain.

Do you honestly believe in a coaching search of this magnitude, interested applicants would come in completely blind to what Leon is trying to do going forward? And do you really believe any AD worth his salt would insist a new hire retain current staff?

Though I don't blame you for being so interested in this hire. You have to be praying the new guy is worse than our last guy because our last guy didn't make the Jesus of Missoula look very good. :wink:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:26 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
This 'committee' seems to be throwing roadblocks in its own way, requiring the incoming coach to keep anyone(if true). They could have just promoted from within and moved on. National search is a joke. If any candidate knew this requirement up front, would they have actually be interested? Doing anything by committee is a guarantee of failure, so this 'trust the committee' is stupidity. But, it's o.k. with me, YOU ARE THE SCATS, so keep on phucking up. More power to ya. Now it's Up With Montana, Down With the Foe... :-^ \:D/
Ignore my response to you. I figured out who you are and you told me not to take anything you say seriously. In this case that's easy. :wink:

Carry on! \:D/

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:38 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 am
The ONLY good thing about GB having two of the best QB’s ever is how little they’ve done with them. May they all rot.
=D^ =D^ =D^

Hating the griz since 02.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:53 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:38 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 am
The ONLY good thing about GB having two of the best QB’s ever is how little they’ve done with them. May they all rot.
=D^ =D^ =D^
But hey - Aaron Rodgers can rest easy knowing he is WAY better at TV commercials than Tom Brady.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:26 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Ignore my response to you. I figured out who you are and you told me not to take anything you say seriously. In this case that's easy. :wink:

Carrying on, Chief Inspector Jacques Clouseau! :lol:
Life is too short to be serious all the time. L Chayim!

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:10 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:

Just another troll lacking a degree from Missoula Community College.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
3-7-77 wrote:

=D^