Choate to Texas - Co-DC - Inside LB Coach - Confirmed

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Choate to Texas - Co-DC - Inside LB Coach - Confirmed

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 am

rivercat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 am
Cledus wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:15 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:44 am
*Inside LBs coach

He jumped ship to go to a program that isn't even giving him a whole position to coach.
Sadly, this move to Texas will open a lot more doors for him than being a head coach for a premier FCS school. I think his salary provides a better indication of his role and responsibilities than his job title.
Pretty sure you meant a premier FBS school. Choate just left a premier FCS school.
I recommend you read the sentence again.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 am
rivercat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 am
Cledus wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:15 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:44 am
*Inside LBs coach

He jumped ship to go to a program that isn't even giving him a whole position to coach.
Sadly, this move to Texas will open a lot more doors for him than being a head coach for a premier FCS school. I think his salary provides a better indication of his role and responsibilities than his job title.
Pretty sure you meant a premier FBS school. Choate just left a premier FCS school.
I recommend you read the sentence again.
Oops, dyslexia Monday.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:05 pm

One sentence from Choate when he was talking about the move stood out to me. He said that after the head coach at Boise St. thing (and we all understand why he applied for that) got settled “a couple of opportunities fell into my lap.” One obviously being Texas because of the solid Pete K. connection. It’s a lot easier to accomplish a move if it “drops into your lap” than if you are out there scraping around for anything upwardly mobile. I am sorry our guys miss him — shoot, I do to. But the program is a lot better off missing a head coach than saying “good riddance.”
💙 💛 😺

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:29 am

It may be fun for people to speculate about why Choate left, and by all means continue if you wish but my thinking is that he made up his mind and left so I don’t really care
why.

I was a Choate fan but I love the Cats and now that he is no longer our HC I don’t care much about his mindset. I’d like to see him do well but if he has to never taste any success again in exchange for us to win just one football game
I’d make that deal with the devil.

See ya Coach. On to the next guy!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 am

utucats wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:29 am
if he has to never taste any success again in exchange for us to win just one football game
I’d make that deal with the devil.
Deal with the devil? Right now, I'd call that a win-win.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers