Facililties - What's next?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Facililties - What's next?

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:21 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:43 am
I know Choate would like to have "shovels in the ground" in 1-2 years for the indoor practice facility. I hear that the latest plan is to make the facility multifunctional and support city programs hoping that the city will then pay for a large portion of the construction. It would still be on campus but be available for city functions.
I personally have worked on projects with local municipalities multiple times and I see this strategy as something that could have some real potential. You would anticipate the City's desirable hours would be weekday evenings and weekends, times that MSU Athletics wouldn't necessarily need. You would also have a partner for overhead and repairs helping with operational costs. It would be an interesting conversation that has the potential to benefit both entities and provide a community resource that may not be available otherwise.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:09 am

The fella's could really use an indoor over the next two weeks as cold weather hits and they prep for the natty. Anyone hearing anything in terms of facilities? IPH and rebuild of East Grandstands seem more urgent now that we're playing in December. East Grandstands were treacherous last Saturday.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:48 am

Do they offer tours of the BAC? I really would love to see the inside.

Punters are people too!!

FA_Q_M
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FA_Q_M » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:22 am

I understand an IPF is a great recruiting tool, and something that we could literally use THIS week, but I believe the Eastside grandstand reconstruction is a more prudent move. I'd assume the reconstruction also includes sky boxes and or suites. With MSUs recent (and presumed future)success I'd imagine there'd be a fairly healthy demand for eastside suites. Could the presale of suites offset the cost of construction? Probably wouldn't be much, but the completion of new ESG would lift an eyesore and give the stadium more "completed" feel, which I also believe would be a small recruiting tool. Not to mention getting rid of the treachery of those bleachers in the snow/rain.

Maybe this is on another thread, or just common knowledge that I'm ignorant to, but what does MSU get monetarily for home playoff games? NC appearance?

the ghost of cat_stache_fever

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:00 am

Strike while the iron is hot!!!!

Now is the time for MSU to get some big donors to step up.

Ask Town Pump to throw 20 million at an IPF... That corporation makes that much like every 4 hours, 20 mil would be nothing to them.. Butte based company that I’m sure is goin crazy over Tommy...... just sayin.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:27 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:00 am
Strike while the iron is hot!!!!

Now is the time for MSU to get some big donors to step up.

Ask Town Pump to throw 20 million at an IPF... That corporation makes that much like every 4 hours, 20 mil would be nothing to them.. Butte based company that I’m sure is goin crazy over Tommy...... just sayin.
Town Pump is a good idea! They won't give us 20 million, but they might get it started with a cool millie.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:44 am

Raise money for the IPF and rent a bubble starting this spring.
Renovate the locker rooms in the Brick and complete the academic center.
Install the video board and some handrails before next season.
The complete stadium renovation timeline depends on when the bonds are payed off from the SEZ and the "97 re-model. I think those are payed off in '25 and '27. They might have been able to pay those off early, but I doubt it.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:46 am

If kids are back Tuesday for preparing for NDSU - they will be practicing inside somewhere - a high of 1 on Tuesday and 3 Wednesday …. That’s one advantage NDSU has

Good pitch to get an indoor facility if we intend to keep playing into December / January

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:10 am

The whole side (forgive me what direction) but where the stadium club and press boxes are need updated.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:40 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:10 am
The whole side (forgive me what direction) but where the stadium club and press boxes are need updated.
I dont think west side upgrades are in the plans for the next 20 years. Next things are the IPF, the east side bleachers replacement, and the seats added to the north end.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:49 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:40 am
Common Cat wrote:
I dont think west side upgrades are in the plans for the next 20 years. Next things are the IPF, the east side bleachers replacement, and the seats added to the north end.
Not saying you’re wrong….but that’s where the money sits…just sayin.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:54 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:49 am
91catAlum wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
They'll need a LOT more money if someone dies trying to get to their seats on the other side! :lol:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:54 am
Common Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
They'll need a LOT more money if someone dies trying to get to their seats on the other side! :lol:
Adding suites on the East side would shift some money to the other side as well. No question that the East should be a priority.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:53 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:48 am
Do they offer tours of the BAC? I really would love to see the inside.
If you purchase a locker for $5K, you can get a personal tour, no problem. :D

After the season, when things settle down, you can probably ask to look around.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:06 pm

I thought I had heard that suites bring in the most money per square foot. So I suggest more suites be built.
Let's get suites on the east side and rebuild the east side bleachers/stands.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Isn’t there a huge indoor sports complex out near Belgrade and Four Corners? Is there anything in the NCAA rules that would prevent us from using that for a few practices?

Punters are people too!!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Just my opinion, but I don't see building more suites on the East Side without also greatly increasing seating capacity as keeping with mission of MSU. As a land grant university, I would expect goal #1 to be increasing seating so that more Montanans can attend. It should be an intelligent design that doesn't include unneeded frills that don't further the first goal, and should to be able to pay for itself with the increased attendance over the years. I think the capacity needs to be expanded to at least 25,000.

I also don't think there has to be a choice between an IPF and a new East Side because funding for the IPF will likely all be by donations whereas the East Side can be paid for over time with revenue from increased attendance.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:54 am
Common Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Adding suites on the East side would shift some money to the other side as well. No question that the East should be a priority.
Sitting on the East side my whole life I will certainly plead for the East side being the next focus of renovation, then again, I suppose I also adopted the “forgotten side” identity that comes along with sitting on that side :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:47 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:46 am
If kids are back Tuesday for preparing for NDSU - they will be practicing inside somewhere - a high of 1 on Tuesday and 3 Wednesday …. That’s one advantage NDSU has

Good pitch to get an indoor facility if we intend to keep playing into December / January
I remember watching the 1976 team practicing in the Fieldhouse which still had the dirt floor.

RICO CAT

Post by RICO CAT » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:47 pm
Bozcat003 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:46 am

I remember watching the 1976 team practicing in the Fieldhouse which still had the dirt floor.
This only emphasizes the need for an IPF to be the priority now.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”