Need its own topic. No spring season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Need its own topic. No spring season

Post by coloradocat » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:03 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:57 pm
Is the Big Sky still trying to decide what to do with the fall schedule? I would think the teams/coaches/administrators etc. would like to know what the schedule will be. I haven't seen anything to indicate what their plan is.
Has there been any discussion among the schools and at the conference level about not playing the 2021 schedule that has been in place for a few years now? I assumed that was just a fan topic and not really in question. It seems like needless extra work and stress for the conference to change it.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 pm

I agree Colorado. I just don't see anything posted for a schedule on the Bobcat Football site. Makes me think they are still re-considering using the 2021 schedule in place, which would be foolish.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:53 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 pm
I agree Colorado. I just don't see anything posted for a schedule on the Bobcat Football site. Makes me think they are still re-considering using the 2021 schedule in place, which would be foolish.
I just checked and the Fall 2021 schedule is still listed. https://msubobcats.com/sports/football/schedule/2021 I'm sure there's plenty of discussion about what to do in terms of Covid protocols, fans in the stadium, etc. but I'd be shocked if they are considering another postponement or cancellation, especially after the FBS conferences that played in the fall were able to successfully complete their seasons.

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:04 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 pm
I just checked and the Fall 2021 schedule is still listed. https://msubobcats.com/sports/football/schedule/2021 I'm sure there's plenty of discussion about what to do in terms of Covid protocols, fans in the stadium, etc. but I'd be shocked if they are considering another postponement or cancellation, especially after the FBS conferences that played in the fall were able to successfully complete their seasons.
It is now :shock: I couldn't get it to come up yesterday or this morning. Maybe our discussion tipped them off that it wasn't posted. I don't know.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:57 pm
Is the Big Sky still trying to decide what to do with the fall schedule? I would think the teams/coaches/administrators etc. would like to know what the schedule will be. I haven't seen anything to indicate what their plan is.
As far as I know it will pretty much stay as originally planned.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coochorama42

Post by coochorama42 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:03 pm

I imagine the fall will be normal. I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by the end of the summer. After that, even if you get the virus, the symptoms should be much reduced/minimized.

I can't imagine any further disruptions going forward. I am excited for fall football!

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:05 pm

coochorama42 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:03 pm
I imagine the fall will be normal. I'm pretty sure anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by the end of the summer. After that, even if you get the virus, the symptoms should be much reduced/minimized.

I can't imagine any further disruptions going forward. I am excited for fall football!
I'm on board with you, can't wait for 2021 season. Lots of talent and depth.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:34 am

Dixie just changed their game against the Griz from September 25th to October 9th. I really don't see how the conference can change the 21 schedule at all.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:53 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:34 am
Dixie just changed their game against the Griz from September 25th to October 9th. I really don't see how the conference can change the 21 schedule at all.
No weeks off in October or November for the griz. Doesn't look like a fun schedule.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!