Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am
Location: NE Montana

Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

We received word yesterday that Lyam passed earlier that morning. Wanted to wait until the family had posted about it before putting anything up here. He was exactly one year and one month old. There isn't much to say beyond the fact that he was more of a fighter than any of us could ever hope to be. I can't imagine what all Ty, Jyll, and Kimber have been through, but they have handled it with so much grit, determination, and compassion. Please continue your prayers to help them all get through this. And then go home and hug your own kids or grandkids.


There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

spider
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by spider » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:34 am

Heartbreaking. I became teary eyed reading about his passing and I never met the little man. He was indeed a fighter. Rest in peace, Lyam.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4881
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 am

MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am
We received word yesterday that Lyam passed earlier that morning. Wanted to wait until the family had posted about it before putting anything up here. He was exactly one year and one month old. There isn't much to say beyond the fact that he was more of a fighter than any of us could ever hope to be. I can't imagine what all Ty, Jyll, and Kimber have been through, but they have handled it with so much grit, determination, and compassion. Please continue your prayers to help them all get through this. And then go home and hug your own kids or grandkids.
Always appreciated these updates poke, despite the news often being somber. Can't imagine what the family is going through, but hopefully they can begin healing after such a terrible year.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10485
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:08 am

Oh man....thanks for the update. My best to Ty and the family.



TCcat 84
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:28 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by TCcat 84 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am

Totally heart breaking for a child to pass away. Lyam is pain free now. Rest in peace. Prayers for the family



Joe Bobcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 am

Yeah that was a tough call yesterday morning, my wife and I just sat for an hour afterwards.
Lyam touched so many in his short life. Ty Jyll and Kymber have lived through one of the toughest years imaginable and they’ve done it amazingly well. The coming months will be tough for them in a whole new way so please keep them in your prayers. Thanks cow poke for the timely and thoughtful updates.


I have reached a point in my life where I feel nothing almost all of the time that I am alive. It's very empowering. --- Colter Nuanez - adopted as a credo by Joe Bobcat because it fits so well

WolfPtCat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: Parker, CO

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by WolfPtCat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 am
MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am
We received word yesterday that Lyam passed earlier that morning. Wanted to wait until the family had posted about it before putting anything up here. He was exactly one year and one month old. There isn't much to say beyond the fact that he was more of a fighter than any of us could ever hope to be. I can't imagine what all Ty, Jyll, and Kimber have been through, but they have handled it with so much grit, determination, and compassion. Please continue your prayers to help them all get through this. And then go home and hug your own kids or grandkids.
Always appreciated these updates poke, despite the news often being somber. Can't imagine what the family is going through, but hopefully they can begin healing after such a terrible year.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
I also appreciated the updates...tough as they were.

May God welcome back his angel and grant peace and thanks to the entire McDonald family for a job well done...caring for, fighting for & loving that angel for 1 year and 1 month. May their rewards come sooner (and later).



User avatar
JDoub
Member # Retired
Posts: 2532
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Salt Lake City (SL,UT)

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by JDoub » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 pm

so sorry

hurting with you McDonald's



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4881
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm

WolfPtCat wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:46 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:05 am
MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am
We received word yesterday that Lyam passed earlier that morning. Wanted to wait until the family had posted about it before putting anything up here. He was exactly one year and one month old. There isn't much to say beyond the fact that he was more of a fighter than any of us could ever hope to be. I can't imagine what all Ty, Jyll, and Kimber have been through, but they have handled it with so much grit, determination, and compassion. Please continue your prayers to help them all get through this. And then go home and hug your own kids or grandkids.
Always appreciated these updates poke, despite the news often being somber. Can't imagine what the family is going through, but hopefully they can begin healing after such a terrible year.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
I also appreciated the updates...tough as they were.

May God welcome back his angel and grant peace and thanks to the entire McDonald family for a job well done...caring for, fighting for & loving that angel for 1 year and 1 month. May their rewards come sooner (and later).
Incredibly well-said. =D^



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6020
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:56 pm

As a parent of 2 young boys (5 and 2.5) and knowing Ty personally from courses in college and from the work he put into succession planning for our family's ranch, this hits so close to home. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for the McDonald family. I'm posting this through tear filled eyes with a huge lump in my throat and a stuffy nose. We'll continue praying for the McDonald family, may God bless and comfort them in this time of loss.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:17 pm

I have not lost a child of my own. As a MSU Nursing grad, I have lost a child in my care. Nothing I could do, the doctor could do, the flight team could do. The feeling is indescribable. Something like having your heart torn out through your throat. When the doctor finally asks, "Time?", it really hits home. The McDonalds really need all the support they can get to get through this. I really feel for them.



User avatar
94VegasCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3408
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am
Location: Front row seat to the dumpster fire!

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 pm

My wife and I refer the loss of a child as being a “club member”. It’s a club no one want to be in and your membership is irrevocable. We lost our 17yr old middle son in 2013. The pain is there everyday.

I followed this thread closely and my wife and I both cried when we read the most recent updates. Are hearts go out to the McDonalds and all the other “club” members that are out there.


My wife teases me about my man crush on Choate.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4881
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Lyam McDonald earned his wings.

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:53 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 pm
My wife and I refer the loss of a child as being a “club member”. It’s a club no one want to be in and your membership is irrevocable. We lost our 17yr old middle son in 2013. The pain is there everyday.

I followed this thread closely and my wife and I both cried when we read the most recent updates. Are hearts go out to the McDonalds and all the other “club” members that are out there.
So sorry to hear that VegasCat. Can’t imagine the pain.



Post Reply