MSU’s next head coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6396
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:49 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
If we lose Choate I have confidence there will be a national search and we'll get another excellent head coach. My personal opinion is that Kane is probably not quite ready for that role yet. This program is at a point now where you bring in either a highly decorated HC or a high profile rising star to take over for a few years before they move up to an FBS HC position. I'm sure some will say, yes that could be Kane and maybe so but again, just my gut feel is that he's not quite ready.

Obviously we hit the jackpot with Choate. Remember when he first showed up and preached early on, starting with the culture of the program and his players being rock solid people in the community and classroom first, and good football players last? Remember the proactive approach of telling his players they needed to be the leaders on campus in terms of attitudes on women, preventing assaults, date rape, etc. He actually implemented a culture program, not just a bunch of lip service. He talked about how you start there and the wins on the football field will eventually come. All of that came true and you look at the almost non existent player scrapes with the law, the highest ever GPA, and now of course a team that went further in the playoffs than any MSU team in decades. So he obviously knows what is most critical to running a program and also knows how to do it successfully. Oh, and then throw in the fact that he's a pretty damn good X's and O's guy, he has contacts everywhere, he can obviously recruit, fundraising, facility expansion, excellent coaching hires, and he seems to be pretty good at marketing the program!


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3428
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4869
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D
I remember when that guy showed up I was so darned jacked. We were going to be dominant...



User avatar
vike_king
Member # Retired
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:51 pm
Location: Helena, MT/Chester, MT/Fort Benton, MT

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by vike_king » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:47 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D
I remember when that guy showed up I was so darned jacked. We were going to be dominant...
Really? I knew it would be a ******-show. One of the few predictions I ever got right.....well, I got some right but didn't act on them. Wish I had bought Apple stock when it was in the tank......


Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

User avatar
coloradocat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:49 pm

RickRund wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D
I remember when that guy showed up I was so darned jacked. We were going to be dominant...
I didn't follow the Bobcats prior to attending so my only knowledge of the 20th century comes from this website. I had to look up who you are referring to and laughed when I saw it.


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4869
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:22 pm

Thought I would check that other site and one of their commenters, player rep, commented that hauck is twice the coach that Choate is. Not sure if that is sarcasm, don't think so... Don't remember who posted it but that since hauck finally has his guys now we are toast.

I mean, it is good to be confident but now time will tell...



Cat4LifeHouseDivided
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:47 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:49 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
If we lose Choate I have confidence there will be a national search and we'll get another excellent head coach. My personal opinion is that Kane is probably not quite ready for that role yet. This program is at a point now where you bring in either a highly decorated HC or a high profile rising star to take over for a few years before they move up to an FBS HC position. I'm sure some will say, yes that could be Kane and maybe so but again, just my gut feel is that he's not quite ready.

Obviously we hit the jackpot with Choate. Remember when he first showed up and preached early on, starting with the culture of the program and his players being rock solid people in the community and classroom first, and good football players last? Remember the proactive approach of telling his players they needed to be the leaders on campus in terms of attitudes on women, preventing assaults, date rape, etc. He actually implemented a culture program, not just a bunch of lip service. He talked about how you start there and the wins on the football field will eventually come. All of that came true and you look at the almost non existent player scrapes with the law, the highest ever GPA, and now of course a team that went further in the playoffs than any MSU team in decades. So he obviously knows what is most critical to running a program and also knows how to do it successfully. Oh, and then throw in the fact that he's a pretty damn good X's and O's guy, he has contacts everywhere, he can obviously recruit, fundraising, facility expansion, excellent coaching hires, and he seems to be pretty good at marketing the program!
Im just curious how much more time you think Kane will need. Hes been coaching for what 10+ years at this level, has time with an FBS program, and has coordinator experience albeit 2 short stints.



imacat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by imacat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm

No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D
[/quote]

I remember when that guy showed up I was so darned jacked. We were going to be dominant...
[/quote]

You were not the Lone Ranger with that belief ... trust me! But that certainly does not rule out considering any other coaches from the program, the state or the conference.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3428
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:25 pm

imacat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm
No, absolutely NO coaches from North Dakota allowed to EVER run MSU football again! I don’t care how many Natties they have won. I STILL have deep scars from our previous mistake going that route. :D
I remember when that guy showed up I was so darned jacked. We were going to be dominant...
[/quote]

You were not the Lone Ranger with that belief ... trust me! But that certainly does not rule out considering any other coaches from the program, the state or the conference.
[/quote]

I guess you missed the little smiley face.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
coloradocat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Well we can put this thread away for a while now.

Image


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

MSUBRONCO
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am
Location: Bellevue,WA

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:07 am

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm
Well we can put this thread away for a while now.

Image
Very happy can put this thread away, so happy to keep him! Go cats!



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6396
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MSU’s next head coach

Post by catatac » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:47 pm
catatac wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:49 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
How about these MWVC coordinators as candidates:

Jason Eck - SDSU OC/OL (MSU ties)
David Braun - NDSU DC
Jeremiah Johnson - UNI DC

I know we have Kane already as a top candidate for HC but these two guys look good.
If we lose Choate I have confidence there will be a national search and we'll get another excellent head coach. My personal opinion is that Kane is probably not quite ready for that role yet. This program is at a point now where you bring in either a highly decorated HC or a high profile rising star to take over for a few years before they move up to an FBS HC position. I'm sure some will say, yes that could be Kane and maybe so but again, just my gut feel is that he's not quite ready.

Obviously we hit the jackpot with Choate. Remember when he first showed up and preached early on, starting with the culture of the program and his players being rock solid people in the community and classroom first, and good football players last? Remember the proactive approach of telling his players they needed to be the leaders on campus in terms of attitudes on women, preventing assaults, date rape, etc. He actually implemented a culture program, not just a bunch of lip service. He talked about how you start there and the wins on the football field will eventually come. All of that came true and you look at the almost non existent player scrapes with the law, the highest ever GPA, and now of course a team that went further in the playoffs than any MSU team in decades. So he obviously knows what is most critical to running a program and also knows how to do it successfully. Oh, and then throw in the fact that he's a pretty damn good X's and O's guy, he has contacts everywhere, he can obviously recruit, fundraising, facility expansion, excellent coaching hires, and he seems to be pretty good at marketing the program!
Im just curious how much more time you think Kane will need. Hes been coaching for what 10+ years at this level, has time with an FBS program, and has coordinator experience albeit 2 short stints.
Ya, that's a great question, and I probably phrased that wrong. My point is that IMO Kane would be a huge step back from Choate in terms of capabilities in the 20 or so key skill sets that the position requires.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Post Reply