Choate to interview for Boise State job

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate to interview for Boise State job

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:19 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:17 pm

Besides Boise, I wonder what other schools Choate has on his list of jobs he’d interview for. I have to imagine it’s a short list and Boise won’t be available again for at least a few years, so now that list is even shorter.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:17 pm
Besides Boise, I wonder what other schools Choate has on his list of jobs he’d interview for. I have to imagine it’s a short list and Boise won’t be available again for at least a few years, so now that list is even shorter.
I would assume it’s someplace he’s worked previously? No real idea, just guessing.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm

Cledus wrote:
I’d have to imagine any PAC-12 job would be a no-brainer, certainly UW and Wazzo would be more likely and at the top of his list. He might be an option at Oregon State down the road, possibly Colorado. I can’t really see him at any of the other schools in that conference, fit-wise. Likely a few MWC schools would be interesting, but I doubt he’d leave if he didn’t feel the school had the proper administrative support to be successful. That makes CSU a question mark, although he’d fit in well there. I really don’t know where else?

GO CATS GO!!!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 pm
Cledus wrote:
I’d have to imagine any PAC-12 job would be a no-brainer, certainly UW and Wazzo would be more likely and at the top of his list. He might be an option at Oregon State down the road, possibly Colorado. I can’t really see him at any of the other schools in that conference, fit-wise. Likely a few MWC schools would be interesting, but I doubt he’d leave if he didn’t feel the school had the proper administrative support to be successful. That makes CSU a question mark, although he’d fit in well there. I really don’t know where else?
He's like Bohl without the wins and NC's! He would fit in any of those locations for sure, but I'm not sure he'd go East Coast or even Mid West. His connections are strongly NW/West Coast and I would think that would drive his family move and his interest in coaching.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:22 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:18 pm
Because it's Tucker I'm guessing it's Live For God.
:-D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 am

That didn’t take long.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter