Hunter Parsons Commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Hunter Parsons Commits

Post by Team10 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:51 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hunter Parsons Commits

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Wow! Sweet jumpin' Jehosaphat! We have a new clubhouse leader through 72 holes. And that's just from watching his junior year highlights. Good grief how did this guy fall throw the cracks? Never mind. Take this thread down. This is like when Rod Carew was spotted at a Minnesota Twins tryout in Yankee Stadium. Calvin Griffith saw him take four swings and pulled him out of the batting cage before anyone from the Yankees saw him.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:14 pm

I was wondering what was taking him so long.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:37 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Wow! Sweet jumpin' Jehosaphat! We have a new clubhouse leader through 72 holes. And that's just from watching his junior year highlights. Good grief how did this guy fall throw the cracks? Never mind. Take this thread down. This is like when Rod Carew was spotted at a Minnesota Twins tryout in Yankee Stadium. Calvin Griffith saw him take four swings and pulled him out of the batting cage before anyone from the Yankees saw him.
Help me out here. Kids tape looks good, size is good, think he is gonna have to get more speed at this level for sure. But no other D1 offers and no recruiting stars (not that they are everything). Interesting recruit and I hope he does awesome here.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:37 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Help me out here. Kids tape looks good, size is good, think he is gonna have to get more speed at this level for sure. But no other D1 offers and no recruiting stars (not that they are everything). Interesting recruit and I hope he does awesome here.
Well, I just try to go in with an open mind. Not look at stats, stars, measurables, etc. and give an honest opinion. His instincts/vision are what caught my attention. That's usually what I look for first. However, I did consider that it was his junior year highlights. I'm surprised he didn't get more offers, but there be many reasons for that.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 am

ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Parsons actually had offers and/or interest. It is hard to tell from his Twitter, but Tarleton State (new FCS) and EWU provided him offers. Just can’t tell if they were full ride or partials.

Also, I don’t believe that Nevada has been able to play high school football this fall. Hunter looks like a real nice prospect, but his recruiting interest was probably hurt without getting to play a fall Senior season.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:26 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 am
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Parsons actually had offers and/or interest. It is hard to tell from his Twitter, but Tarleton State (new FCS) and EWU provided him offers. Just can’t tell if they were full ride or partials.

Also, I don’t believe that Nevada has been able to play high school football this fall. Hunter looks like a real nice prospect, but his recruiting interest was probably hurt without getting to play a fall Senior season.
I think there was talk of re-starting it this spring. Parsons is good. I thought the few plays of him on offense really exhibited his knack for the game. Very smooth, natural player. Not super fast, but knows how to get in position and reacts well. That makes up for a lot in the speed/quickness area.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:21 am

Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Perhaps we will see some highlights from this winter if they play basketball in Nevada. Looks as though he is good on the hardwood as well. Good Get for the Cats!

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:21 am

Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I’m just going off the 247 site. According to that, we were his only official offer. Funny thing though, yesterday he was a Zero Star rank and today (because of his Cats offer) he is a Two Star tank. How funny is that and why I don’t put a ton of stock in these recruiting sites.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Hunte ... Interests/

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:15 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:21 am
Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Perhaps we will see some highlights from this winter if they play basketball in Nevada. Looks as though he is good on the hardwood as well. Good Get for the Cats!
Some Nevada jurisdictions have cancelled the basketball season - including Las Vegas. Reno is still undecided but the kids are learning remotely.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:22 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:21 am
Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I’m just going off the 247 site. According to that, we were his only official offer. Funny thing though, yesterday he was a Zero Star rank and today (because of his Cats offer) he is a Two Star tank. How funny is that and why I don’t put a ton of stock in these recruiting sites.

Yeah, the recruiting sites and stars are a lot of knowing the right people, offer list, and hype train. Great on those kids that earned them, but stars mean nothing in college.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:22 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Yeah, the recruiting sites and stars are a lot of knowing the right people, offer list, and hype train. Great on those kids that earned them, but stars mean nothing in college.
Just curious. By “mean nothing” do you mean that a kid can turn out to be really good with no star rating OR do you mean that the average 0 star rated player is just as good as the average 5 star rated player.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 pm

iaafan wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:22 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ibleedblue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Just curious. By “mean nothing” do you mean that a kid can turn out to be really good with no star rating OR do you mean that the average 0 star rated player is just as good as the average 5 star rated player.
Definitely not taking anything away from the kids with stars! Probably safe to say that any kid with stars is among the top athletes in the country. I was more so meaning there are tons of kids out there with zero stars that can square up with those star players without a problem. I just don't put much value in the stars because once you get to college, nobody cares how many stars you had.
Last edited by ND0479 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:42 pm

All that said, I love this Hunter Parsons kid! Anticipates and reacts really well, and lays the wood!